World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Unanswered Best way to remove paint off of plastic gen - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Hobby Q&A (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Hobby-Q-A)
+--- Thread: Unanswered Best way to remove paint off of plastic gen (/Thread-Unanswered-Best-way-to-remove-paint-off-of-plastic-gen)

Best way to remove paint off of plastic gen - Megaman053 - Dec. 31, 2020

Hey guys I bought a lot of beyparts and some of them have paint on them, what’s the best way to remove that paint?

RE: Best way to remove paint off of plastic gen - RoscoePColeslaw - Jan. 04, 2021

(Dec. 31, 2020  8:44 AM)Megaman053 Wrote: Hey guys I bought a lot of beyparts and some of them have paint on them, what’s the best way to remove that paint?

I use Goof Off paint stripper. Take a piece of cardboard or something of the like outside, squirt Goof Off on one side of your parts, wait a bit, then squirt some on the other sides. The paint should peel up a lot, then you should be able to get it all off with a stiff brush, kind of like a toothbrush. I typically will soak them in paint thinner/turpentine for a good while to remove all the little fleks of paint that I missed and neutralize the paint stripper's solvent qualities, and then I wash the parts off, scrubbing thoroughly with dish soap.

Bonus: If you're removing paint from Fusion Wheels, they'll be kind of opaque and gritty afterwards. The solution to this (as well as a very similar problem caused by age) is wadding polish, my preferred brand being Eagle One Nevr Dull. Hand-buff your wheels with the stuff, wipe 'em off with a paper towel, and they'll look even better than when they were brand new! It works on forge discs from plastoc gen and Burst, too!

RE: Best way to remove paint off of plastic gen - Megaman053 - Jan. 06, 2021

What about just using turpentine?

(Jan. 04, 2021  4:16 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  8:44 AM)Megaman053 Wrote: Hey guys I bought a lot of beyparts and some of them have paint on them, what’s the best way to remove that paint?

I use Goof Off paint stripper. Take a piece of cardboard or something of the like outside, squirt Goof Off on one side of your parts, wait a bit, then squirt some on the other sides. The paint should peel up a lot, then you should be able to get it all off with a stiff brush, kind of like a toothbrush. I typically will soak them in paint thinner/turpentine for a good while to remove all the little fleks of paint that I missed and neutralize the paint stripper's solvent qualities, and then I wash the parts off, scrubbing thoroughly with dish soap.

Bonus: If you're removing paint from Fusion Wheels, they'll be kind of opaque and gritty afterwards. The solution to this (as well as a very similar problem caused by age) is wadding polish, my preferred brand being Eagle One Nevr Dull. Hand-buff your wheels with the stuff, wipe 'em off with a paper towel, and they'll look even better than when they were brand new! It works on forge discs from plastoc gen and Burst, too!

What about just turpentine?

RE: Best way to remove paint off of plastic gen - RoscoePColeslaw - Jan. 07, 2021

(Jan. 06, 2021  11:54 PM)Megaman053 Wrote: What about just turpentine?

Eh, you wouldn't get nearly as good of a result

RE: Best way to remove paint off of plastic gen - Megaman053 - Jan. 08, 2021

(Jan. 07, 2021  1:37 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote:
(Jan. 06, 2021  11:54 PM)Megaman053 Wrote: What about just turpentine?

Eh, you wouldn't get nearly as good of a result
How about goobegone?

RE: Best way to remove paint off of plastic gen - RoscoePColeslaw - Jan. 08, 2021

(Jan. 08, 2021  6:14 AM)Megaman053 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2021  1:37 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote: Eh, you wouldn't get nearly as good of a result
How about goobegone?

That'll just make them smell like dying ants

RE: Best way to remove paint off of plastic gen - Megaman053 - Jan. 09, 2021

(Jan. 08, 2021  4:30 PM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2021  6:14 AM)Megaman053 Wrote: How about goobegone?

That'll just make them smell like dying ants
I used rubbing alcohol it’s super effective