[Unanswered]  Are attack-stamina hybrids still viable?

I don’t know because I have a bunch of Accels and Zephyrs lying around and want to put them to good use.
zephyrs are a great hybrid but that's all I could think of
Zephyr' and Accel' were banned in Burst Classic because they were too good for Tornado Stalling, but their normal versions can still be used to great effect. In Burst Standard, people have been using Crash Ragnaruk on Zephyr', Blow', and Destroy' with a lot of success.
(Jul. 28, 2019  10:49 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Zephyr' and Accel' were banned in Burst Classic because they were too good for Tornado Stalling, but their normal versions can still be used to great effect. In Burst Standard, people have been using Crash Ragnaruk on Zephyr', Blow', and Destroy' with a lot of success.
As an attack-stamina hybrid?
sorry I thought he meant what are not ones for tournoments
(Jul. 28, 2019  10:53 PM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  10:49 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Zephyr' and Accel' were banned in Burst Classic because they were too good for Tornado Stalling, but their normal versions can still be used to great effect. In Burst Standard, people have been using Crash Ragnaruk on Zephyr', Blow', and Destroy' with a lot of success.
As an attack-stamina hybrid?

cR doesn't have much Attack power, but it could probably knock something out if they meet at the ridge. I've seen cR on Z' and B' for Tornado Stalling and on Ds' for Mobile Defense primarily, but it could probably be used more aggressively with a tilted launch.
(Jul. 28, 2019  10:59 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  10:53 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: As an attack-stamina hybrid?

cR doesn't have much Attack power, but it could probably knock something out if they meet at the ridge. I've seen cR on Z' and B' for Tornado Stalling and on Ds' for Mobile Defense primarily, but it could probably be used more aggressively with a tilted launch.

I hate to argue, but Crash Ragnarok is actually very good at smash attack, though outclassed by layers like judgement, slash, ace, and Cho z Achilles for pure attack, it can still be used for stamina-attack hybrids to some effect.
Putting a Zephyr on a Crash Ragnaruk sounds weird to me, but I'll try it at some point. Variety is the spice of life, they say.
(Jul. 29, 2019  10:04 PM)Morc Wrote: Putting a Zephyr on a Crash Ragnaruk sounds weird to me, but I'll try it at some point. Variety is the spice of life, they say.

I actually do not have either parts, but I anylyze patterns of any parts I deem worthy of use, but in theory, this combo should be fairly successful due to how car is generally around hS stamina and is good for smash attack.
(Jul. 29, 2019  10:20 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2019  10:04 PM)Morc Wrote: Putting a Zephyr on a Crash Ragnaruk sounds weird to me, but I'll try it at some point. Variety is the spice of life, they say.

I actually do not have either parts, but I anylyze patterns of any parts I deem worthy of use, but in theory, this combo should be fairly successful due to how car is generally around hS stamina and is good for smash attack.

I run cR with 0/10Cross.Zephyr' and I find it fun to use at least not on tournament setting (cuz it isn't as reliable especially against spin equalizers and pP combos)
(Jul. 30, 2019  4:24 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2019  10:20 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: I actually do not have either parts, but I anylyze patterns of any parts I deem worthy of use, but in theory, this combo should be fairly successful due to how car is generally around hS stamina and is good for smash attack.

I run cR with 0/10Cross.Zephyr' and I find it fun to use at least not on tournament setting (cuz it isn't as reliable especially against spin equalizers and pP combos)

I know that pP and equalizer combos are most of the metal right now, but would it be a good combo otherwise?
(Jul. 28, 2019  10:39 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: I don’t know because I have a bunch of Accels and Zephyrs lying around and want to put them to good use.

In classic format, S2.gravity.zephyr (hasbro only, because TT storm spriggan has bad teeth) is pretty good from what I've heard.
What other layers are good?
(Jul. 30, 2019  1:28 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  4:24 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I run cR with 0/10Cross.Zephyr' and I find it fun to use at least not on tournament setting (cuz it isn't as reliable especially against spin equalizers and pP combos)

I know that pP and equalizer combos are most of the metal right now, but would it be a good combo otherwise?

I'd wager the combo I have been playing with does quite well depending on the launch style and Bey it opposes. Normally you'd flat launch to tornado stall if you know your opponent has a mobile Driver (in an attempt of a KO to Burst win); tilt or even sliding shoot if you know your opponent would easily settle at the center and most especially if left spin. My logic for the Z' is to enhance the Burst resistance as I know cR has good recoil despite its designation as a Stamina type, so I really would care less if the opponent would be soft launching a spin-equalizer as my general rule is to overpower by sheer force early-game.

If you used Zephyr a lot before, you'd also notice that tilted launch makes it do smooth flower pattern attacks before being smacked near the tornado ridge and eventually circle back down in an effort to stall and steal a Spin Finish. Destroy can probably do it as well, but the pattern isn't as consistent and can easily be destabilized, unless you use 00 and possibly Glaive for a bit more LAD? Never bothered to try it out since I felt that my cR combo is good enough for casual plays.

(Jul. 30, 2019  8:52 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: What other layers are good?

aK may also be viable, but more often than not it is under Stamina-Defense combos nowadays (unless you try Xt+ on Attack mode). aH can also work like cR but maybe a bit better due to OWD of the Layer
(Jul. 31, 2019  12:24 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  1:28 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: I know that pP and equalizer combos are most of the metal right now, but would it be a good combo otherwise?

I'd wager the combo I have been playing with does quite well depending on the launch style and Bey it opposes. Normally you'd  flat launch to tornado stall if you know your opponent has a mobile Driver (in an attempt of a KO to Burst win); tilt or even sliding shoot if you know your opponent would easily settle at the center and most especially if left spin. My logic for the Z' is to enhance the Burst resistance as I know cR has good recoil despite its designation as a Stamina type, so I really would care less if the opponent would be soft launching a spin-equalizer as my general rule is to overpower by sheer force early-game.

If you used Zephyr a lot before, you'd also notice that tilted launch makes it do smooth flower pattern attacks before being smacked near the tornado ridge and eventually circle back down in an effort to stall and steal a Spin Finish. Destroy can probably do it as well, but the pattern isn't as consistent and can easily be destabilized, unless you use 00 and possibly Glaive for a bit more LAD? Never bothered to try it out since I felt that my cR combo is good enough for casual plays.

(Jul. 30, 2019  8:52 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: What other layers are good?

aK may also be viable, but more often than not it is under Stamina-Defense combos nowadays (unless you try Xt+ on Attack mode). aH can also work like cR but maybe a bit better due to OWD of the Layer
Is hS in attack mode good at all? I know some people are saying that aH has bad recoil in attack mode.
(Jul. 31, 2019  12:27 AM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2019  12:24 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I'd wager the combo I have been playing with does quite well depending on the launch style and Bey it opposes. Normally you'd  flat launch to tornado stall if you know your opponent has a mobile Driver (in an attempt of a KO to Burst win); tilt or even sliding shoot if you know your opponent would easily settle at the center and most especially if left spin. My logic for the Z' is to enhance the Burst resistance as I know cR has good recoil despite its designation as a Stamina type, so I really would care less if the opponent would be soft launching a spin-equalizer as my general rule is to overpower by sheer force early-game.

Is hS in attack mode good at all? I know some people are saying that aH has bad recoil in attack mode.

It ain't too bad, hS Attack mode, but still pales in comparison with its Defense mode for Stamina/Defense spin-equalizer specialization. aH with bad recoil might be if you use a slightly worn-down copy with Layer's contact points being shaved into a rounder shape. I mean, the Tokai on Air stock combo worked quite well despite the ridiculousness of it on A'
(Jul. 31, 2019  2:20 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2019  12:27 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: Is hS in attack mode good at all? I know some people are saying that aH has bad recoil in attack mode.

It ain't too bad, hS Attack mode, but still pales in comparison with its Defense mode for Stamina/Defense spin-equalizer specialization. aH with bad recoil might be if you use a slightly worn-down copy with Layer's contact points being shaved into a rounder shape. I mean, the Tokai on Air stock combo worked quite well despite the ridiculousness of it on A'
A' has decent stamina.

Does zL have good OWD?
(Jul. 31, 2019  2:34 AM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2019  2:20 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: It ain't too bad, hS Attack mode, but still pales in comparison with its Defense mode for Stamina/Defense spin-equalizer specialization. aH with bad recoil might be if you use a slightly worn-down copy with Layer's contact points being shaved into a rounder shape. I mean, the Tokai on Air stock combo worked quite well despite the ridiculousness of it on A'
A' has decent stamina.

Does zL have good OWD?

It has acceptable OWD due to the metal dragon heads on the Base, but the design itself screams purely "ATTACK" like its predecessors (except bL, as it is a failure of a Longinus that TT should be ashamed they even made it like bJ and other screw-up releases).

It has viability against majority of the left spins currently released, but still struggles especially when being launched weakly against opposite spin (unlike Lost Longinus on Hold) as the aggressive shape prevents it from spin-equalizing properly. These are all based on my personal experience, but further and extensive testing may prove me otherwise (if there was any).

They did say the Metsu Weight has great synergy with the Zwei Base, and you have at least 4 Chip options (Longinus, Bahamut, Fafnir, Spriggan) with the exception of Diabolos due to Chip+Weight combination to choose from.
I'm trying to experiment with hS.00C.B' as an attack stamina hybrid. So far it's working well with the standard stadiums; the main thing about utilizing Blow' is making sure it doesn't instantly die when tilted after recoil. If there isn't enough weight, it'll fall over on itself; if there's too much OWD it'll fall over if tilted after recoil; if the disc/frame is too low, it'll scrape to death or will LAD out.
(Jul. 31, 2019  8:07 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: I'm trying to experiment with hS.00C.B' as an attack stamina hybrid.  So far it's working well with the standard stadiums; the main thing about utilizing Blow' is making sure it doesn't instantly die when tilted after recoil.  If there isn't enough weight, it'll fall over on itself; if there's too much OWD it'll fall over if tilted after recoil; if the disc/frame is too low, it'll scrape to death or will LAD out.
Try using Accel’ or Zephyr’ instead.

(Jul. 31, 2019  5:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2019  2:34 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: A' has decent stamina.

Does zL have good OWD?

It has acceptable OWD due to the metal dragon heads on the Base, but the design itself screams purely "ATTACK" like its predecessors (except bL, as it is a failure of a Longinus that TT should be ashamed they even made it like bJ and other screw-up releases).

It has viability against majority of the left spins currently released, but still struggles especially when being launched weakly against opposite spin (unlike Lost Longinus on Hold) as the aggressive shape prevents it from spin-equalizing properly. These are all based on my personal experience, but further and extensive testing may prove me otherwise (if there was any).

They did say the Metsu Weight has great synergy with the Zwei Base, and you have at least 4 Chip options (Longinus, Bahamut, Fafnir, Spriggan) with the exception of Diabolos due to Chip+Weight combination to choose from.
Ok thanks. I’m trying to make an attack-stamina hybrid that has good attack but still has decent stamina, unlike most attack types. But also, how is zL against opposite-spin opponents?
Accel’ is op I will show you guys at beyblade east and some of you guys know from the return of TSO my accel’ works like a stationary attack

Accel in some cases can outspin atomic and bearing I like it a lot better than extreme’
(Jul. 31, 2019  1:00 PM)Hyper xeno Wrote: Accel’ is op I will show you guys at beyblade east and some of you guys know from the return of TSO my accel’ works like a stationary attack

Accel in some cases can outspin atomic and bearing I like it a lot better than extreme’

I’m getting an Accel’.
Smart test it on heavy beyblades dead hades Valkyrie Achilles
I'll try it out but with solo spin times like this

hS.00C.B'
1. 1:38:53
2. 1:40:81
3. 1:42:70

Compared to

hS.Outer.Et (Didn't use 00C yet)
1. 1:47:75
2. 1:44:98
3. 1:40.08

As an attack-stamina hybrid, it's meeting those creds. If thrown off axis or angle launched, it will aggressively cut then flower pattern. It will then spin equalize if both beys are still standing where it has decent enough LAD to get by most beys. Don't sleep on Blow'.
(Jul. 31, 2019  12:52 PM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2019  8:07 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: I'm trying to experiment with hS.00C.B' as an attack stamina hybrid.  So far it's working well with the standard stadiums; the main thing about utilizing Blow' is making sure it doesn't instantly die when tilted after recoil.  If there isn't enough weight, it'll fall over on itself; if there's too much OWD it'll fall over if tilted after recoil; if the disc/frame is too low, it'll scrape to death or will LAD out.
Try using Accel’ or Zephyr’ instead.

(Jul. 31, 2019  5:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: It has acceptable OWD due to the metal dragon heads on the Base, but the design itself screams purely "ATTACK" like its predecessors (except bL, as it is a failure of a Longinus that TT should be ashamed they even made it like bJ and other screw-up releases).

Ok thanks. I’m trying to make an attack-stamina hybrid that has good attack but still has decent stamina, unlike most attack types. But also, how is zL against opposite-spin opponents?

ZL has amazing upper attack tbh, makes almost all of the left spin Beys I have hop a bit in the air when hit early-game with a chance of KO or Burst. It also has decent stamina against opposite spin, but as I've mentioned before, its aggressive shape inhibits its spin-equalization potential unlike the Fafnir line (except Wizard unless with Gen Weight)