UK (Manchester) Bladers Unite!

Hello everyone!

So, I’ve been into Beyblade for a lot of my child/teenage life, and that’s now moved onto my adult life. The big thing for me now, as I’ve grown up quite a lot since I first got into Beyblade, is trying to find other people who are also interested in the competitive Beyblade scene. 

Just from my first 10-15 minutes of looking at some of the threads on here, there seems to be plenty of people from the UK that are interested in going to competitive events, but it all seems a bit dis-jointed. So I’m starting this tread to try and bring a bit of order to the UK scene.

Now, I understand that at the moment, with us all still being in and out of lockdowns, that meeting new people would be quite difficult to do right now. But, please feel free to use this thread to make connections with each other from your local area, and maybe in the future we can organise some events. I put Manchester in the title, but that’s just where I am from. If you’re from somewhere else, feel free to share it and see if anyone else is from your town.

I’m doing this in the hopes that, after COVID-19 has moved on, that we can start to build a thriving community in the UK for Beyblade! The UK is a relatively small place, so surely it can’t be that hard for us all to come together, right?
(Mar. 28, 2021  1:55 PM)lewisflow3r Wrote: Hello everyone!

So, I’ve been into Beyblade for a lot of my child/teenage life, and that’s now moved onto my adult life. The big thing for me now, as I’ve grown up quite a lot since I first got into Beyblade, is trying to find other people who are also interested in the competitive Beyblade scene. 

Just from my first 10-15 minutes of looking at some of the threads on here, there seems to be plenty of people from the UK that are interested in going to competitive events, but it all seems a bit dis-jointed. So I’m starting this tread to try and bring a bit of order to the UK scene.

Now, I understand that at the moment, with us all still being in and out of lockdowns, that meeting new people would be quite difficult to do right now. But, please feel free to use this thread to make connections with each other from your local area, and maybe in the future we can organise some events. I put Manchester in the title, but that’s just where I am from. If you’re from somewhere else, feel free to share it and see if anyone else is from your town.

I’m doing this in the hopes that, after COVID-19 has moved on, that we can start to build a thriving community in the UK for Beyblade! The UK is a relatively small place, so surely it can’t be that hard for us all to come together, right?

I have 2 8 years old boys who have been searching for a UK tournament. They would love to attend one in the UK if it happens
Let's make this happen lets get regular tournaments in the uk
Yeah I'd love to attend a tournament or some sort of event if there was some sort of community here, I'd be willing to travel for it too. Someone just needs to organise the UK community and find a hub or two, I'm sure it could be done with someone with more knowledge than probably me.

Hi, I used to be into beyblade when I was younger but never really got the chance to play with anyone as it never kicked off in my area. I’m local to Manchester (Salford) and would be up for playing but the first issue I have is getting my hands on a blade 😂 any suggestions on where to get some from round here?
(Jul. 24, 2021  3:29 AM)Yokaispirit Wrote:

Hi, I used to be into beyblade when I was younger but never really got the chance to play with anyone as it never kicked off in my area. I’m local to Manchester (Salford) and would be up for playing but the first issue I have is getting my hands on a blade 😂 any suggestions on where to get some from round here?

If you're wanting to get back into beyblading in the UK I'd personally recommend maybe going for busrt classic or burst limited, burst classic uses the early beyblade burst beys, those are some of the easier ones to get over here since lots of stores still have old stock from beys that where very much usable, for example I've bought most of the stuff for beyblade classic that I use off of https://www.maqio.com/search?type=produc...q=beyblade, it's a UK based store that has a lot of old stock.

For beyblade burst limited, you can import just a couple beyblades from japan or hong kong (be careful for fakes, only buy takara tomy from reputable sellers!) and be competitive. For example, geist fafnir out of the box is a really solid beyblade, nightmare longinus is a really solid base you can build on and there are a few others like that, so usually just buying four will give you enough to play.
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:24 AM)raybun606 Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2021  3:29 AM)Yokaispirit Wrote: Hi, I used to be into beyblade when I was younger but never really got the chance to play with anyone as it never kicked off in my area. I’m local to Manchester (Salford) and would be up for playing but the first issue I have is getting my hands on a blade 😂 any suggestions on where to get some from round here?

If you're wanting to get back into beyblading in the UK I'd personally recommend maybe going for busrt classic or burst limited, burst classic uses the early beyblade burst beys, those are some of the easier ones to get over here since lots of stores still have old stock from beys that where very much usable, for example I've bought most of the stuff for beyblade classic that I use off of https://www.maqio.com/search?type=produc...q=beyblade, it's a UK based store that has a lot of old stock.

For beyblade burst limited, you can import just a couple beyblades from japan or hong kong (be careful for fakes, only buy takara tomy from reputable sellers!) and be competitive. For example, geist fafnir out of the box is a really solid beyblade, nightmare longinus is a really solid base you can build on and there are a few others like that, so usually just buying four will give you enough to play.

Wow that site is super cheap, really cool to see Dragoon and Dranzer getting Burst remakes as well. Will have to do some research on what’s decent but I’ll pick up a few from Mazio for sure. Just need to get my hands on a stadium then I’m all set 😁
(Jul. 25, 2021  2:56 AM)Yokaispirit Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:24 AM)raybun606 Wrote: If you're wanting to get back into beyblading in the UK I'd personally recommend maybe going for busrt classic or burst limited, burst classic uses the early beyblade burst beys, those are some of the easier ones to get over here since lots of stores still have old stock from beys that where very much usable, for example I've bought most of the stuff for beyblade classic that I use off of https://www.maqio.com/search?type=produc...q=beyblade, it's a UK based store that has a lot of old stock.

Wow that site is super cheap, really cool to see Dragoon and Dranzer getting Burst remakes as well. Will have to do some research on what’s decent but I’ll pick up a few from Mazio for sure. Just need to get my hands on a stadium then I’m all set 😁

Haha yeah, best part is Dranzer F is probably the best hasbro stamina type layer for classic burst, that thing has a really good layer, with a good driver and forge disc you can turn dranzer flame into a monster. It can be pretty hard to get real stadiums over here inthe UK, but you can get some cheap stadiums that mimic older ones for like under £10, just know those things probably will get holes in them from large impacts over time but you get what you pay for haha.

Always happy to help!
(Jul. 26, 2021  1:56 PM)raybun606 Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  2:56 AM)Yokaispirit Wrote: Wow that site is super cheap, really cool to see Dragoon and Dranzer getting Burst remakes as well. Will have to do some research on what’s decent but I’ll pick up a few from Mazio for sure. Just need to get my hands on a stadium then I’m all set 😁

Haha yeah, best part is Dranzer F is probably the best hasbro stamina type layer for classic burst, that thing has a really good layer, with a good driver and forge disc you can turn dranzer flame into a monster. It can be pretty hard to get real stadiums over here inthe UK, but you can get some cheap stadiums that mimic older ones for like under £10, just know those things probably will get holes in them from large impacts over time but you get what you pay for haha.

Always happy to help!

Super happy to say that I managed to grab an Epic Rivals starter set off eBay and picked up one of each single-packaged bey from Maqio. Gonna go back for the double packs the next time I’ve got money to spare. Maybe grab the beylocker for the black valk as well 😁

Hey dude!😁

Sorry I’ve not got back to you sooner, I’ve not checked on here in too long!

I know you’ve been told about a shop now but I’ve always had the best luck with Amazon and EBay. There’s a couple of great, trust-worthy sellers on eBay by the names of “Buy Market” and “mbt-gifts”. I use them 2 the most because I’ve never had any problems with them, and considering the stuff comes from Japan it usually only takes 2-3 weeks to get here.

Also, if you’re only in Salford I’d be MORE than happy to link up some time! It would be very nice to have someone in real life to talk to about Beyblade!👍

Add me on Facebook (Lewis Flower) and we can see about linking up for some games!👍
(Aug. 12, 2021  1:29 PM)lewisflow3r Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2021  3:29 AM)Yokaispirit Wrote: Hi, I used to be into beyblade when I was younger but never really got the chance to play with anyone as it never kicked off in my area. I’m local to Manchester (Salford) and would be up for playing but the first issue I have is getting my hands on a blade 😂 any suggestions on where to get some from round here?

Hey dude!😁

Sorry I’ve not got back to you sooner, I’ve not checked on here in too long!

I know you’ve been told about a shop now but I’ve always had the best luck with Amazon and EBay. There’s a couple of great, trust-worthy sellers on eBay by the names of “Buy Market” and “mbt-gifts”. I use them 2 the most because I’ve never had any problems with them, and considering the stuff comes from Japan it usually only takes 2-3 weeks to get here.

Also, if you’re only in Salford I’d be MORE than happy to link up some time! It would be very nice to have someone in real life to talk to about Beyblade!👍

Add me on Facebook (Lewis Flower) and we can see about linking up for some games!👍

I think I’ve shot you a friend request? Will be sure to check those Amazon stores. Also found someone on Amazon selling the official Korean ones who I’m gonna use to get some GT stuff as currently I only have single layer burst beys plus the two from the ER set. Don’t know when I’ll be free but will definitely try to set something up
(Apr. 18, 2021  7:49 AM)RazzorC92 Wrote: Let's make this happen lets get regular tournaments in the uk

same I wanted to attend tournaments in the uk as well
(Aug. 26, 2021  12:05 PM)Doubledealer Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2021  7:49 AM)RazzorC92 Wrote: Let's make this happen lets get regular tournaments in the uk

same I wanted to attend tournaments in the uk as well

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Coventr...Club-Event 

Well I've heard so many people say the same thing so I'm gonna try and host a small scale meetup if you're interested?
Hey, I'm from Bolton, very local. Been trying to drum up some excitement in the general north West area to try and get a community started so I really glad I came back to the WBO to check.

I recently started a Facebook as a personal blog to showcase beyblade stuff and see if there's there's interest in other people getting into it or even organising meet ups and or tournements. https://www.facebook.com/NWBeybladeAssociation/

I'm not great on here befuase it's not something I check often but I'd be more than happy for people to add me on Facebook (Rob Foster) or to like the page link above and message me on there. I'm genuinely keen to get something started. I've got 2 or 3 friends involved now but we're open to meet others.

i just usually get mine from amazon jp or mall of toys

(Sep. 28, 2021  3:50 PM)r0blivion Wrote: Hey, I'm from Bolton, very local. Been trying to drum up some excitement in the general north West area to try and get a community started so I really glad I came back to the WBO to check.

I recently started a Facebook as a personal blog to showcase beyblade stuff and see if there's there's interest in other people getting into it or even organising meet ups and or tournements. https://www.facebook.com/NWBeybladeAssociation/

I'm not great on here befuase it's not something I check often but I'd be more than happy for people to add me on Facebook (Rob Foster) or to like the page link above and message me on there. I'm genuinely keen to get something started. I've got 2 or 3 friends involved now but we're open to meet others.

i'm from kendal so its a bit of a way from bolton and that but ive got a friend (including me) who are very into beyblade so if you organized an event say in the next month (dependong on how covid goes and that) then we might be able to come. ive got some competitive combos to use as well so it would actually be good. tournament preferably on a weekend cos of school and stuff as well. Reply if intrested.

From Kendal wondering if we could have a beyblade tournament on a weekend in the next month? Reply if interested
Hello.I live in Kendal,and are planning on teaming up with my friends who own some Dynamite Battle beyblades. Looking forward to seeing the details!

(Oct. 01, 2021  7:22 PM)SkyHunter123 Wrote:
i just usually get mine from amazon jp or mall of toys

(Sep. 28, 2021  3:50 PM)r0blivion Wrote: Hey, I'm from Bolton, very local. Been trying to drum up some excitement in the general north West area to try and get a community started so I really glad I came back to the WBO to check.

i'm from kendal so its a bit of a way from bolton and that but ive got a friend (including me) who are very into beyblade so if you organized an event say in the next month (dependong on how covid goes and that) then we might be able to come. ive got some competitive combos to use as well so it would actually be good. tournament preferably on a weekend cos of school and stuff as well. Reply if intrested.

From Kendal wondering if we could have a beyblade tournament on a weekend in the next month? Reply if interested
(Sep. 28, 2021  1:18 PM)raybun606 Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2021  12:05 PM)Doubledealer Wrote: same I wanted to attend tournaments in the uk as well
I wish I could I live in London 
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Coventr...Club-Event 

Well I've heard so many people say the same thing so I'm gonna try and host a small scale meetup if you're interested?
Hi I recently got back into Beyblades use to play all the time when I was a kid and now my kids have really got into as well. I'm in Salford it would be really good if there was tournaments or some sort of league that started up or even just an UK community group to talk in. If anyone wants to add me go for it I wouldn't mind talking about Beyblades with anyone.
(Oct. 10, 2021  4:23 PM)BlueMoonTom94 Wrote: Hi I recently got back into Beyblades use to play all the time when I was a kid and now my kids have really got into as well. I'm in Salford it would be really good if there was tournaments or some sort of league that started up or even just an UK community group to talk in. If anyone wants to add me go for it I wouldn't mind talking about Beyblades with anyone.

Well the WBO has an official discord https://discord.gg/FNcx6fQF, if you go in there, then go to the #community-selection channel so you can get the united kingdom role and get access to the UK channel.

Although be warned the beyblade community in the UK is relatively small, I hosted a small meetup last week and nobody turned up.
Thanks for the info I'll definitely have a look
(Oct. 10, 2021  4:23 PM)BlueMoonTom94 Wrote: Hi I recently got back into Beyblades use to play all the time when I was a kid and now my kids have really got into as well. I'm in Salford it would be really good if there was tournaments or some sort of league that started up or even just an UK community group to talk in. If anyone wants to add me go for it I wouldn't mind talking about Beyblades with anyone.
Hey dude! If you’re based in Salford I’d be happy to link up some time! Add me on Facebook (Lewis Flower) and we could see what we can do👍
does anyone know of a uk tournament happening soon

please tell me i live in bradford and would love to come to an event
(Apr. 15, 2022  3:20 AM)yahya3890 Wrote: does anyone know of a uk tournament happening soon

please tell me i live in bradford and would love to come to an event

There is a Blader's Kingdom Tournament happening in Greater Manchester on April 23rd. Here is the link Blader's Kingdom #4
I would love to attend!

(May. 01, 2022  10:39 AM)SeanKerel Wrote: I would love to attend!

nvm lolll