UFC

PRINCEcharming Wrote:[Image: 533008_20030821_screen002.jpg]
A CHALLENGER APPEARS.

Needs m0ar ninja.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:The ninja should be fully aware that someone intends to do something like this, therefore should not put himself in a situation where this might happen.

This sounds almost impossible, but hey I have no intention of making believers out of anyone.

Ok, so let me get this right... if a ninja screws up, he's not considered a ninja?

He is considered a ninja that carp up. Put it this way. They asked the grandmaster of the world, "What if a sniper were to shoot you when you walked out your door?". He replied, "I would never walk through the door at this time."
IMO if someone hates you enough to shoot you, you should at least know about it.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:He is considered a ninja that carp up. Put it this way. They asked the grandmaster of the world, "What if a sniper were to shoot you when you walked out your door?". He replied, "I would never walk through the door at this time."
IMO if someone hates you enough to shoot you, you should at least know about it.

But I mean, isn't that a bit too far? I mean, strategy is strategy, but 100% foresight is rather far-fetched sounding to me...
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:He is considered a ninja that carp up. Put it this way. They asked the grandmaster of the world, "What if a sniper were to shoot you when you walked out your door?". He replied, "I would never walk through the door at this time."

But I mean, isn't that a bit too far? I mean, strategy is strategy, but 100% foresight is rather far-fetched sounding to me...

I completely understand. Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to prove anything. There is a test called a sakki test. It is to test the ability to sense intention.
This is an example of the sakki test:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RiGQiRrFt34
Btw, I am not saying that everyone who trains in ninjutsu can get to this level of mastery. In fact I only think there are like from 2-3 people who actually have.
Nothing magic about that, at least some of the audience would move their eyes to track the bokken, which would be a dead give-away, and the sudden jerk upwards would make at least some noise, which is distinguishable from absolute silence.

I'd dearly love to see the same thing in a more controlled environment where visual cues and sound can be isolated to see exactly what that guy was picking up on.
PRINCEcharming Wrote:I'd dearly love to see the same thing in a more controlled environment where visual cues and sound can be isolated to see exactly what that guy was picking up on.
I'm pretty sure it IS those little environmental cues being picked up subconsciously.
You are probably right. Anyway, supposedly the person is supposed to feel the intent and his body will just move when he is not supposed to be where he is. I guess it is really impossible to tell when you are watching the video.
My Favorite UFC fighters are Royce Gracie,Ken Shamrock and Kimbo Slice. (He was a beast back then)
I'm not really sure if that post would constitute a bump after seven years, but please excuse me if I'm wrong.