UFC

Are there any fans here of ufc or mma in genral ?
stupid, rather watch real martial arts

next
wrestling LOL! funny stuff.

UFC isn't as exciting to me, and it can get very violent and sometimes scary.
I enjoy watching UFC, and ultimate fighter.
The season with Jens Pulver and BJ Penn was the best.
Tamer Brad Wrote:stupid, rather watch real martial arts
next
I'd like to see these "real" martial artists take on the guys from UFC, that would be a show worth watching.
PRINCEcharming Wrote:
next
I'd like to see these "real" martial artists take on the guys from UFC, that would be a show worth watching.
there are a lot of marial arists in it
a bass rutten has a black belt in karate and judo, karo parysian is a world renoun judo expert , Georges St-Pierre has a black belt in karate
ATTENTION

Green Ranger fights MMA, fool.
rooneyt Wrote:
PRINCEcharming Wrote:
next
there are a lot of marial arists in it
a bass rutten has a black belt in karate and judo, karo parysian is a world renoun judo expert , Georges St-Pierre has a black belt in karate
Yeah, but UFC fighters generally don't prance around limiting themselves to a routine of over-rehearsed moves. They actually pound on each other.
I wanna see Brock Lesnar fight in this.
I wanna see Brock from Pokemon fight in this.
PRINCEcharming Wrote:
next

I think that a real martial artist will beat the carp out of any UFC fighter. But I think Brad's definition of a real martial artist and my definition is not the same.
There's no "art" to UFC.
PRINCEcharming Wrote:Yeah, but UFC fighters generally don't prance around limiting themselves to a routine of over-rehearsed moves. They actually pound on each other.

The thing is, the prancing around is actually an essential part of the development of a healthy and fit body and mind and develops muscular co-ordination while increasing muscle fibre mass and other such useful stuff that tends to assist in the pounding. It's pretty much a training method to improve the body, and cause it to reflexively attack or defend in a more efficient manner than plain brute force.
Ok, I do get the feeling I've jumped the gun on what we're defining as a "real" martial artist.
Anyone want to take a shot?
PRINCEcharming Wrote:Ok, I do get the feeling I've jumped the gun on what we're defining as a "real" martial artist.
Anyone want to take a shot?

Martial arts are systems of codified practices and traditions of training for combat. They may be studied for various reasons including combat skills, fitness, self-defense, sport, self-cultivation/meditation, mental discipline, character development and building self-confidence, or any combination of the above.

dThere is a great diversity and abundance of martial arts but, broadly speaking, martial arts share a common goal: to efeat a person physically or to defend oneself from physical threat. Some martial arts are linked to spiritual or religious beliefs/philosophies such as Buddhism or Shinto while others have their own spiritual/non-spiritual code of honor.

While each style has unique facets that makes it different from other martial arts, a common characteristic is the systemization of fighting techniques. One common method of training, particularly in the Asian martial arts, is the form or kata; these are sets or routines of techniques that are performed alone, or sometimes with a partner. [1]

The word 'martial' derives from the name of Mars, the Roman god of war. The term 'Martial Arts' (arc Martialis) literally means arts of Mars. This term comes from 15th century Europeans who were referring to their own fighting arts that are today known as Historical Fencing. A practitioner of martial arts is referred to as a martial artist.

Serious
I'm sure I'm not the only one staring at their screen in carp disbelief right now.
Martial artist, not martial art. <.<;
Ichida Wrote:Martial artist, not martial art. <.<;

holy carp what the carp are you doing man

and also genius, wouldn't a martial artist be someone who practices martial arts?

yeah, i thought so, therefore the definition of what martial arts is is far more important
for the record i coppied and pasted that
Mr. Toto Wrote:um, wikipedia dude

um, carp duh
Well imo, most of the martial arts studied today are not real martial arts. When these techniques were created it was with the intention of killing. Only martial arts that have kept this intention can be called true martial arts. No matter how many matches you win in the octagon if you can't beat the element of surprise and a shovel then you aren't a true martial artist. If someone is actually trying to kill you I think there is no way you are going to win with karate or judo.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Well imo, most of the martial arts studied today are not real martial arts. When these techniques were created it was with the intention of killing. Only martial arts that have kept this intention can be called true martial arts. No matter how many matches you win in the octagon if you can't beat the element of surprise and a shovel then you aren't a true martial artist. If someone is actually trying to kill you I think there is no way you are going to win with karate or judo.

how about a bare naked choke
rooneyt Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Well imo, most of the martial arts studied today are not real martial arts. When these techniques were created it was with the intention of killing. Only martial arts that have kept this intention can be called true martial arts. No matter how many matches you win in the octagon if you can't beat the element of surprise and a shovel then you aren't a true martial artist. If someone is actually trying to kill you I think there is no way you are going to win with karate or judo.

how about a bare naked choke

It takes entirely too long to apply this technique. Also, it is completely useless against someone with a bladed weapon. I've been studying ninjutsu for a while now. I've also had experience in some other styles and my conclusion is that it is easier to teach a technique to defend against attackers than it is to teach one technique for a fist, and one for knives, and one for sticks, etc. Learning one thing repeatedly is easier than learning more then one thing repeatedly.
rooneyt is successful troll