Types of Attack Types

(Apr. 21, 2011  4:24 PM)MoonAlchemist Wrote: we should ask Galaxy about their meta-game, if we want to know what they use for attack combos.

You can go right ahead and do so. However, that wont prove anything because it does not mean that their way is most effective for every other attack blader.
(Apr. 21, 2011  4:25 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  4:24 PM)MoonAlchemist Wrote: we should ask Galaxy about their meta-game, if we want to know what they use for attack combos.

You can go right ahead and do so. However, that wont prove anything because it does not mean that their way is most effective for every other attack blader.
it could give us some starting point to see what we can change and adapt to our needs.
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:59 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:42 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: No, MF leone h145 RF is the Italians main combination combo. It does good as a combination and has good wins all around

And the only thing I could think of at 145 height that wouldn't make it a combination would be bd145.

That, in no way, makes ANY sense. If anything, BD145 should make it a combination type considering that it is known by the majority(not including me, I know it has a better use) to be used for primarily defense. H145 is clearly for attack, making it pure attack. Besides, no offense to the Italians because they are attack bladers and they at least have common sense to know that Anti-Meta is extremely relevant but who said the Italians are always right? I have been using attack just as long if not much longer than they have so what makes them right? H145's protrusions are for recoil. Leone's is as well. Recoil+Recoil+RF= Recoil Attacker.

I didn't say it wasn't a recoil attacker. :\

It's combination because in RF vs RF battles, it's wins are good, and consistently beats pure attackers. So, it's combination because it is used not primarilly to defeat defense types, but also do good against other attack types.

And bd145... Dude, you wrote that it is used primarily for defense...thats exactly what makes it not useable for combination; But rather, leaning towards anti meta.
im reviving this because I think this fits here best.

I've read "BD145 doesnt give any more attack" lately. Doesnt mean it isnt beneficial for attack. Honestly, for most wheels (witha few exceptions) BD145 seems to reduce Attack Power. Doesn't mean it isn't beneficial for attack. I also read one comment "It just adds weight". Doesnt mean it isnt beneficial. What is compromised in attacking power is brought back in the ability to go against other attack types. Weight is really important in attack vs attack.

Just wanted to say that raw attacking power isn't exactly what makes a good attack type.

(Aug. 26, 2011  12:18 AM)Dan Wrote: .. more weight? that is essentially it. lol I'm not saying that isn't helpful, though.

I realize why BD145 is useful (lol of all people I never thought I would be having to say this.) but there will be a time where it isn't/shouldn't be the main/primary/standard choice for all attack wheels because I'm certain many aren't properly compatible with BD145 (Vulcan) and then become disregarded or something, and I don't really think we want it to tumble into the 'invincible/amazing best dragon slayer' category in the general member's minds. Which it sort of is.

I nor Bluezee exactly put BD145 on Lightning to fend off LTDC or anything, but to add weight and like you said, help with attack vs. attack.
(I hope you get my reference to LTDC)

Also, the addition of weight from BD145 is what gives it better chances with other attackers in the first place, so yes, all it does is add weight. (hinder smash but also at the same time aids in defense with its perimeter)
lol, no i dont get the ltdc reference, haha.

i didn't quote your post because its not about what you specifically said, it's about that specific idea in general that i've read several times; Its not meant to be rude or saying someone (you in that case because of that quote) is wrong.
It basically meant the entire soul of putting BD145 on Lightning was/is to add weight, not add attack. (Or I'd use a track like CH120 for more attack/versatility) Which it doesn't in anyway.
BD145, as IKMV originally showed the NY community, will push things out of the stadium. I believe he originally used Meteo L Drago (barrage cw or w/e the blue one is) BD145MF and started beating people with that.
The attack article on Beywiki needs something like this. Thanks for this, this is very good. Although, maybe a bit more could be said on the Combination bit?
Very nice thread helped me so much.
That combo isn't so good. Gravity has too much recoil to make sufficient contact with the opposing bey to equalize the spin.
Anti-Meta's are great. There has been such an increase of use in them, but they're so useful as well.

Hm, would VariAres + BD145 be an OHKO MW, or what? I thought this would be, perhaps, the best place to ask.
(Sep. 11, 2011  5:54 AM)SoniChris98 Wrote: That combo isn't so good. Gravity has too much recoil to make sufficient contact with the opposing bey to equalize the spin.
Did I mention spin-equalizing? Yes, I did, because there is no such thing as "spin-stealing".

So, where is it getting this magical equalising spin from if not stealing it from the other bey? Zombies don't exist in MFB, but spin-stealers do. We've had this argument a million times, and this should be the LAST.
Quick rundown on the difference of Spin Stealers and zombies. Hopefully, this will prevent this argument from ever occurring again.
Equalisers steal spin to do do so.

spin stealer =/= zombie

Zombies, however, are a subset of spin stealers, being largely focussed on efficiently using stolen spin.

Firstly, they get better Spin TIME from the opposing bey's contact, due to having lower friction of the spinning part to whatever grounds them (generally the shaft of a bearing core, which is sometimes completely still, or moving at a much lower rate than the rest of the bey). Bearings have much lower friction than a tip touching the floor, yet allow that tip to ground the bey from moving anywhere but (rotating) around the shaft.

They do not steal more energy, they just use the kinetic energy more efficiently.

They also have better life after death due to their round shape, which also lowers recoil. Life after death is where the name "zombie" comes from.
That and berings makes it somewhat harder to KO (though it's not a huge thing unless the tip is itself good for defence).

Anything in opposite spin with lower rpm will steal kinetic energy/spin to some degree, it is zombies efficiency using that energy to outspin the opponent that makes them special. Zombies usually only win by a few rotations, too, and this is how a base with better LAD in plastics (Spiral Change Base) can beat them, despite not using bearings.

tl;dr: You're confusing spin stealers and zombies, all zombies are spin stealers (a subset), but not all spin stealers are zombies.
(Aug. 27, 2011  3:17 AM)Deikailo Wrote: BD145, as IKMV originally showed the NY community, will push things out of the stadium. I believe he originally used Meteo L Drago (barrage cw or w/e the blue one is) BD145MF and started beating people with that.

That is the assault one. And I see it on Coro Coro March Issue one (the one comes with 2 Clear Wheel and rare stickers)