Tournaments in Birmingham

(Mar. 17, 2016  10:46 AM)-HB- Wrote: I've just had a quick look on Google maps. There is a park called Cannon Hill Park theres a bandstand like area as well as open spaces. anyone near there able to scout it? Also I've not looked in to transport links but this gives an idea to those who haven't been to a London event what we're looking for.

I have actually already thought of a venue but it just needs a real good shelter at the moment last result for there if it rained the shelter would be under a tree but that's why I was asking if anyone had a tent?
Just to be clear, is this tournament to take place in Birmingham AL?
(Mar. 18, 2016  12:49 AM)KingAsh Wrote: Just to be clear, is this tournament to take place in Birmingham AL?

No, this is for Birmingham, England.

EDIT: Also, this is in the Europe section, so it can't possibly be in the US.
(Mar. 17, 2016  10:57 PM)SoSteve Wrote:
(Mar. 17, 2016  10:46 AM)-HB- Wrote: I've just had a quick look on Google maps. There is a park called Cannon Hill Park theres a bandstand like area as well as open spaces. anyone near there able to scout it? Also I've not looked in to transport links but this gives an idea to those who haven't been to a London event what we're looking for.

I have actually already thought of a venue but it just needs a real good shelter at the moment last result for there if it rained the shelter would be under a tree but that's why I was asking if anyone had a tent?

I understand that my point was to give a perspective on what we use in London and have done for a years. I don't think a tent is a good idea considering we need 7 people minimum 1) we won't fit in the tent. 2) We need a well placed land mark to use as a meeting point rather than a tent in the middle of a field. perhaps you could link the location you found on Google so we can all see if it's a good option?
(Mar. 18, 2016  7:54 AM)-HB- Wrote:

I understand that my point was to give a perspective on what we use in London and have done for a years. I don't think a tent is a good idea considering we need 7 people minimum 1) we won't fit in the tent. 2) We need a well placed land mark to use as a meeting point rather than a tent in the middle of a field. perhaps you could link the location you found on Google so we can all see if it's a good option?

B7 4NQ
Link:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/67+K...9?hl=en-gb
(Mar. 18, 2016  7:54 AM)-HB- Wrote:

Is it good enough?
Seems like a good venue if the weather is guaranteed to be good and not rain but we do live in England after all, so you can never be too sure!^-^

I'd still recommend a venue with a shelter just in case
(Mar. 25, 2016  1:06 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: Seems like a good venue if the weather is guaranteed to be good and not rain but we do live in England after all, so you can never be too sure!^-^

I have brought a huge gazebo but we also do have a backup but that is a official venue now then as shelter is good?
(Mar. 25, 2016  1:10 PM)SoSteve Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2016  1:06 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: Seems like a good venue if the weather is guaranteed to be good and not rain but we do live in England after all, so you can never be too sure!^-^

I have brought a huge gazebo but we also do have a backup but that is a official venue now then as shelter is good?

Okay! let HB or Manicben know so that you guys are able to sort something out. I would love it to be during the easter break!^-^
(Mar. 26, 2016  1:53 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2016  1:10 PM)SoSteve Wrote:

Okay! let HB or Manicben know so that you guys are able to sort something out. I would love it to be during the eater break!^-^

Have any recommended exact dates ?
(Mar. 27, 2016  11:32 AM)SoSteve Wrote:
(Mar. 26, 2016  1:53 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2016  1:10 PM)SoSteve Wrote: I have brought a huge gazebo but we also do have a backup but that is a official venue now then as shelter is good?

Okay! let HB or Manicben know so that you guys are able to sort something out. I would love it to be during the eater break!^-^

I am not sure but I recommend a day that everyone is able to do with the weather being fairly good on that day!^-^
Ok I'll check a forecast and give two dates and I will also bring the 10 times 10 foot gazebo with me to!

(Mar. 27, 2016  12:05 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote:
(Mar. 26, 2016  1:53 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: Okay! let HB or Manicben know so that you guys are able to sort something out. I would love it to be during the eater break!^-^

I am not sure but I recommend a day that everyone is able to do with the weather being fairly good on that day!^-^

What about the Saturday great weather and Saturday everyone usually gets a day of work! Maybe you could make a thread as I'm not very good with things like that just pm and I'll send you the postcode time and things like that you just ask the questions you need and I'll answer!
(Mar. 26, 2016  1:53 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: Okay! let HB or Manicben know so that you guys are able to sort something out. I would love it to be during the eater break!^-^

Actually Friday seems good I couldn't make it on a Saturday as I am doing karate! When are you going to post the thread?
(Mar. 28, 2016  10:10 AM)SoSteve Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2016  11:32 AM)SoSteve Wrote: Have any recommended exact dates ?

Actually Friday seems good I couldn't make it on a Saturday as I am doing karate! When are you going to post the thread?
Oh yes I can come sign me up I can defo be there !!! Even though I'm new I'll give you a run for your money!
(Mar. 29, 2016  10:55 AM)Leone- the-Lion Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2016  10:10 AM)SoSteve Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2016  12:05 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: I am not sure but I recommend a day that everyone is able to do with the weather being fairly good on that day!^-^

Oh yes I can come sign me up I can defo be there !!! Even though I'm new I'll give you a run for your money!

Just did it great to see you coming!
Okay so here's the thing the location you've put up doesn't look like its close to public transport etc. Saturday or Sunday is a must I doubt you'll find many people available on a Friday...
(Mar. 29, 2016  2:29 PM)-HB- Wrote: Okay so here's the thing the location you've put up doesn't look like its close to public transport etc. Saturday or Sunday is a must I doubt you'll find many people available on a Friday...
Ok then I'll try Sunday so you saying I should confirm you?
(Mar. 29, 2016  11:06 PM)SoSteve Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2016  2:29 PM)-HB- Wrote: Okay so here's the thing the location you've put up doesn't look like its close to public transport etc. Saturday or Sunday is a must I doubt you'll find many people available on a Friday...
Depends what date honestly with out a set date I cant say...
(Mar. 30, 2016  8:57 AM)-HB- Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2016  11:06 PM)SoSteve Wrote:
Depends what date honestly with out a set date I cant say...

Is Friday alright with you? Because it.p was alright with avenger just manic energy hasn't been in if all 3 of you confirm then there would be 5 people confirmed and I swear I promise to people I know that love right next to the venue are going to make an account and I also have a back up sports hall if weathers bad! So what do you think if you know Friday's alright maybe you can get in contact with manicben?
Fridays are a no go for me as I have work... I'll have a chat with Ben.. @[Manicben]
(Mar. 30, 2016  10:13 AM)-HB- Wrote: Fridays are a no go for me as I have work... I'll have a chat with Ben.. @[Manicben]

I'll se if I can make it on a Sunday but we only have 5 people if you guys confirm so if you know any other people from London that would go on tour with you please ask them lol!
We need a set date really. you cant really confirm people if there isn't a date for them to keep free.
(Mar. 30, 2016  11:00 AM)-HB- Wrote: We need a set date really. you cant really confirm people if there isn't a date for them to keep free.

The other person confirmed can come anytime and I'll find out day. What did Ben say and would you like to host?
(Mar. 30, 2016  11:00 AM)-HB- Wrote: We need a set date really. you cant really confirm people if there isn't a date for them to keep free.

Maybe meet no kami is coming to so now on,y one more person to come if you 3. From London confirm and I know that someone is going to register on the day 100%
Edit:he has confirmed!
As @[-HB-] said, Fridays are a no go for most of us. Saturdays or Sundays are ok.
Only thing I'm worrying about is transport. Return train journey is £178! D: