Tournaments and Hasbro/Takara Tomy

I am honestly not sure how tournaments work with all of the details, but as far as I understand, some people choose TT only and Hasbro only and most allow both? I prefer TT personally, but I am wondering if I should buy any Hasbro beys for future tournaments I may be able to attend. I see the talk about how some Hasbro beys are stronger and was wondering if it's worth it to buy any. Or if it'd just be for collection purposes/fun. I am in the US and Hasbro is basically everywhere and I have access to the new beys pretty quickly after release.
As far as I'm aware, Burst has two formats: Standard and Hasbro-only. Standard is open to both, and Hasbro-only is just Hasbro.

If it helps, you can find all the rules and things under the "More" option at the top of the forum. Here is a shortcut.

I think most people simply "pick a side". Due to the incompatible nature of the parts, it makes sense. It's difficult to buy enough for everything and can be a hassle. But if you limit yourself carefully, you could make it work without draining your wallet too much and without overcomplicating things.

Some people may do a mix due to believing some Beyblades are built better. Garuda G3 and the Switchstrike Spryzens are some examples. Garuda G3 is crazy, and some may find the TT Spriggans' teeth to wear too quickly and find Hasbro's Legend Spriggan's slopes to not (and hope the same for Sr). Some might buy both to be involved in testing or to, like you said, be able to participate nicely in all tournaments.

I decided to focus on TT. I did have 1 Hasbro Beyblade I loved the design of, and seeing as my area has 0 tournaments, I thought I'd grab some Hasbro Beyblades online before the prices go up for a couple combos. (I'm in the US, but my stores are bare when I look.) I want to be able to support what I can, whether I do a good job or not. Saw someone asking about Hasbro-only tournaments in my area while in another place online the other day, and so hey, I'm ready if it comes to it.
(Apr. 24, 2018  8:14 AM)Arcosst Wrote: I am honestly not sure how tournaments work with all of the details, but as far as I understand, some people choose TT only and Hasbro only and most allow both? I prefer TT personally, but I am wondering if I should buy any Hasbro beys for future tournaments I may be able to attend. I see the talk about how some Hasbro beys are stronger and was wondering if it's worth it to buy any. Or if it'd just be for collection purposes/fun. I am in the US and Hasbro is basically everywhere and I have access to the new beys pretty quickly after release.

Some Hasbro parts are better than their TT counterparts - take Garuda G3 as an example. TT’s mG has very weak slopes, making it easier to burst. 

Hasbro’s mG (G3)’s burst resistance has a huge buff with strong slopes.

However, Hasbro isn’t always better than TT, and vice versa. And like you mentioned, their parts can’t be mixed.
Gosh, tired. I think I fixed my other post to be right now, but I need to go to bed, haha.

(Apr. 24, 2018  9:15 AM)leosama Wrote: However, Hasbro isn’t always better than TT, and vice versa. And like you mentioned, their parts can’t be mixed.

Yeah, I think that's good to keep in mind. There's not one right answer. Many try to stick to one side and take whatever comes with it, and that's fine. Some like to do some combination of both, and that's fine, too.

We're all in different situations and with different perspectives. Everyone's opinion varies, but after some consideration, you figure out what yours is and go with it.
Yeah I guess I've definitely picked a side. I just feel a bit dirty because I am not supporting my local stores and giving them incentive to buy more beyblades lol. Seems like California would also sell Hasbro, but the Beytubers from there seem to primarily use TT as well. Honestly though the biggest deciding factor for me was the plastic quality. There are some bey layers I want to keep and collect, some I don't ever use. I think pretty much every TT bey looks better mostly due to plastic quality. Aside from the pretty new G3 recolored in green. But even then if it was in TT plastic I would love it even more.
(Apr. 24, 2018  9:08 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: If it helps, you can find all the rules and things under the "More" option at the top of the forum. Here is a shortcut.

Thanks for the shortcut. Maybe I missed it, and I will read it again, but do you happen to know if you can actually dye the plastic of a beyblade and have it be legal in tournament? Some people dye the colors of a bey but it doesn't actually change the performance at all.
(Apr. 24, 2018  3:32 PM)Arcosst Wrote: Yeah I guess I've definitely picked a side. I just feel a bit dirty because I am not supporting my local stores and giving them incentive to buy more beyblades lol. Seems like California would also sell Hasbro, but the Beytubers from there seem to primarily use TT as well. Honestly though the biggest deciding factor for me was the plastic quality. There are some bey layers I want to keep and collect, some I don't ever use. I think pretty much every TT bey looks better mostly due to plastic quality. Aside from the pretty new G3 recolored in green. But even then if it was in TT plastic I would love it even more.

Since you're getting a different item they don't carry at all, I don't think you should feel bad.

Best thing you can do is support others in buying them from local stores if they want Hasbro. If you have any kid relatives that you think might like them, there's a birthday, Christmas, or whatever present right there: a couple Hasbro Beyblades and a cheap stadium. Get them started or help grow their existing collection.

(Apr. 24, 2018  5:00 PM)Arcosst Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2018  9:08 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: If it helps, you can find all the rules and things under the "More" option at the top of the forum. Here is a shortcut.

Thanks for the shortcut. Maybe I missed it, and I will read it again, but do you happen to know if you can actually dye the plastic of a beyblade and have it be legal in tournament? Some people dye the colors of a bey but it doesn't actually change the performance at all.

I don't think it's allowed since it's applying a foreign substance to the parts. Dying itself isn't specifically mentioned, but that also means it's not listed in the exceptions. This was the one discussion I saw on it, though not much said.

In the least, it's not legal by the current rules, though you could ask if dying has been considered at all.
anyone got times and dates for district tourneys in denver or aurora colorado? age ranges : 10-15 & 16+ plz
(Apr. 24, 2018  9:42 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote: anyone got times and dates for district tourneys in denver or aurora colorado? age ranges : 10-15 & 16+ plz

Any upcoming tournaments can be found with clicking the Tournaments button up at the top of the page.

This appears to be the most recent Colorado thread in the community forum, which makes it seem like there are no current plans. I suggest posting there and let your interest be known, and then subscribe to the thread and adjust the settings so that you're emailed when someone posts there. (Once subscribed, you can make edits to how they work within your account settings, shortcut here.)

As an extra piece of advice, I would also express an an interest to help with/support getting tournaments going, rather than go in there asking if someone else is interested in doing the work. "Let's have a tournament" vs. "Give me a tournament", you know? Just nicer that way.

WBO tournaments are for all ages, by the way. :) I hope this all helps, good luck!
Oh.. Sweet! is it like, divided into age groups so that the participants will only receive teases by people in their own age range or what?
(Apr. 24, 2018  10:06 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote: Oh.. Sweet!  is it like, divided into age groups so that the participants will only receive teases by people in their own age range or what?

Everybody plays together, the young and the old. "All-ages Beyblade tournaments. All around the world." That's what the WBO does.

Basically, it's all about helping the community set up and run its own tournaments with a standardized set of rules and whatnot. So there's no waiting for Hasbro or the WBBA or whatever, you just get enough people together, have someone become an organizer through the WBO, and then do what's needed from there.
what is the WBBA official website?