Tournament Report: Spinless In Seattle 1-29-22

This Is a tournament report for "Spinless In Seattle 1-29-22" a burst standard tournament.

We had our first double tournament day here in Seattle this past weekend.

Random Starter Hasbro Event:
We had a fun hasbro event with random beys. This event had 13 people and was a great time. Because all the random beys are right spin we did not have to worry about long LAD games. Bursts happened every other match.
Lowquality29 came in third although I cant remember what bey he had (I think kraken K4). Loki666 came in second place with Gargoyle G4. And Plot Armor snagged the first place win with Surtr S4. Plot Armor used S4's tip to ride the tornado ridge at extremely high speeds and ko/out spin the opponents consistently. 

Spinless In Seattle:
We had 20 players turn out for Spinless In Seattle. A few bladers from the recent Oregon tournament showed up! We had a lot of familiar faces and a few new ones.
For this event we were back at Seward park. We got very lucky with the weather. It was slightly cloudy but we actually had a good amount of sun for a while. Not much wind. overall a very nice day to play beyblade.
The first event put us about 15 minutes behind schedule. The second tournament lasted a little more than 3 hours, We started around 1:50 and finished cleaning/packing up at 5 on the dot.

For my first match I was up against Loki666 and his Guilty combo on wave'. I was using my Vanish Longinus over bearing'. I got two points in the first games but then his guilty managed a spin finish. on the next launch I pulled too hard and he ko'd me easy. It was 2-2 but luckily I out spun him in the last game. Loki666 is a powerful up and coming blader in the state.

Next I played Akajumo and his Guilty combo. I believe it was stock but I could be wrong. I switched to my devil Valkyrie over zone'+z for this match. I cant remember the exact final score but I got the win. This was also akajumo's first WBO event and he played very strong. I would not be surprised if I see him in the top 4 next time.

For my third match I played Hpyher. The only thing I can say is that I should have stayed with my Vanish combo. I got a little too confident in my Valkyrie combo and hpyher's Vanish on drift combo checked me hard. 3-0 hard. Well played sir well played.

Plot Armor was my opponent for the 4th round. I lost again. Even with spin direction in my favor it was not meant to be. Plot armor played skillfully with his combo. At the end of it sometimes your combo is just out classed and/or out played.

Finally I played against CodyDragonLane for my 5th match. It was cool playing against Cody in the event because we talk a lot on the WA threads. He plays well and has a lot of fighting spirit. I think our match was a close 3-2 although I cant remember what combo he was playing. He is also an up and coming blader to watch out for.

I ended with a score of 3-2. This was not a great sign for me because another good blader here had gotten that record at a previous event and barely missed the top 8 due to buchholz. I thought that was about to happen again because we had many people with a 4-1 record and about 5 more with a 3-2 record after them.

Plot Armor steam rolled into the preliminary rounds 1st place spot with 5-0 (foreshadowing a soon to be 8-0). UnseenBurst came in 2nd place with an impressive record of 4-1. Hpyher took the 3rd spot with another 4-1 record. Then we had a new player (and brother of anna2011) Nikitarusev make 4th place with 4-1. I was relived to hear I made 5th place with my 3-2 record. For 6th place we had another first time player Anna2011. She was beating players triple her size and triple her age using a powerful infinite achillies combo. Then Xorn23, a first time player and dad, took the 7th place spot . And last but not least Lowshki earned the final spot in the top 8. There were so many good players and high records at this event but there are only 8 spots in the finals.

After the dust had settled only 4 bladers remained. In the top 4 It was Me vs Plot Armor and UnseenBurst vs Hpyher. Unseen and Hpyher practice together. This made for a good match between friends. Hpyher ended up moving on to the finals.

I would like to take this space to explain how I got destroyed in the finals. lol Plot Armor got a 5-0 in the finals against me. This was slightly due to a few blunders on my part. But Plot Armor built mean combos and earned his win 100%.
First: DO NOT PLAY WITH A NEW MOBIUS DRIVER. I used the new blue one from the random starter and it destroyed whatever same spin stamina my previous mobius had in comparison. It tornado stalled several times. Not a smart move.
Second: Zone'+z can beat drift in opposite spin. A few bladers in our community have a hypothesis that the more you play on zone'+z the smoother the spin gets (yet to be confirmed) and can beat drift in opposite spin. I knew this was true for my own Zone'+z but I did not factor another player having the same part and doing the same thing and that's what happened.
Third: Change your combos. This was the third event I played this combo line up at. For the other two events it worked great. However this time I could have benefited from a little more "spice" in my line up.

Finally it was time for the finals. Plot Armor vs Hpyher. Both of these bladers are seriously good players. However in the end Plot Armor took home the gold. (He got 1st place in both events!) I got 3rd and UnseenBurst got 4th.

I think this was a great day of beyblade. We had players new and returning show up. I see many players forming friendships and training to be better. It makes me proud to see players in our community growing and succeeding at a game we all love. I think for the next double event day I want to try out the team battle format/ 3v3 format.

[Image: 272402795-364161298464957-5710575142771849139-n.jpg]
Could we get the top 4 combo's posted?
(Jan. 31, 2022  9:43 PM)Xorn23 Wrote: Could we get the top 4 combo's posted?

Yeah I posted them in the "winning combinations at organized play events" thread. It is on page 208 but might be buried in the other posts, somewhere in the middle of the page.
Yeah. I need to buy some better Parts with the Gift Card you sent me, Zektor. Anyways, I did pretty well for my Second Tournament and I hope to see you all in a Potential March Tournament if there is one. I'll probably not make it to the February one but we'll just have to wait and see. Overall, everyone in this Tournament was Very Powerful, and getting 4th Place with that many powerful Bladers is a Wonder to me lol. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next Tournament I join that is hosted by Zektor and I hope everyone enjoyed the Tournament as much as I did.
(Feb. 01, 2022  2:52 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Yeah. I need to buy some better Parts with the Gift Card you sent me, Zektor. Anyways, I did pretty well for my Second Tournament and I hope to see you all in a Potential March Tournament if there is one. I'll probably not make it to the February one but we'll just have to wait and see. Overall, everyone in this Tournament was Very Powerful, and getting 4th Place with that many powerful Bladers is a Wonder to me lol. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next Tournament I join that is hosted by Zektor and I hope everyone enjoyed the Tournament as much as I did.

Great job, man. You did amazing, and better than I would have ever dreamed of doing at my second tournament. I’m impressed 👍
Great write up! Excited to experiment and come back stronger next time! Smile))
it was a good mach and evere one did thare best