Tournament Report: Let's Play!

Hello Beyblade community,

This is my first time doing this so I hope it’s decent. Recent events have definitely compelled me to try to contribute in regards to these reports because I know how impactful they’ve been to me.

So let’s begin 😎. My family and I arrived at the park around 10:50AM. There was already a player there waiting to help me unpack the car. He’s a solid kid, local, who comes to all of our events. We got everything unpacked and immediately I was a little bummed out because the wind was CRAZY!!! The stadiums and stadium boxes (created by CrisisCrusher07 😎) were blowing all over the place. And even though the sun was shining brightly, it was quite chilly.

*Side note: I enjoy playing outside because it’s cheaper to rent the venue and we don’t have time restrictions as compared to renting indoors, but everything is dependent on Mother Nature 😩.

Around 11:30 the winds died down a bit and most of the players were beginning to show. I capped the event at 16 and ended up having 15 players show up. We have very few locals (to Jacksonville) but we get a lot of love thankfully. Players came from Virginia, South Carolina and various parts of  North Carolina to play. I wanted to get the groups even for group round robin so I asked if anyone else wanted to play. A dad volunteered and it was funny because he already had a Beyblade name ready and everything. It reminded me of myself because the first tournament I attended I just let my son play BUT if they would’ve raised the cap and ask for volunteers I would’ve jumped in INSTANTLY!

On to the event! Once the tournament started the winds died down significantly. We ran 2 stadiums, 1 for each group. There was a plethora of unique combos. One that stood out to me the most was from Questhebeast with an Ultimate Perseus combo on Metal Xtreme. He did amazing with it and we also had a double burst when I battled him with it. I think the color and design stood out to me the most.

A lot of players were running Xtreme. It was great to see the attack styles being implemented. The dad that volunteered ran a Guilty combo on Evolution’. The rubber drivers were in full effect with new and experienced played trying them out for some hard hitting action. Personally I know I’m not that great with them so I stuck to my Reboot’ which honestly did wonders for me in the 3 on 3 format. 

There were few draws, at least within my group. 3 on 3 format helps to eliminate that but also a creative player base helps as well. There were no double drifts or double bearing decks in either stage. 

2 players from each group advanced from finals. No one went undefeated. I had one lost, it was to LJ-Blader. I can’t remember his full deck but I know he ran a Vanish Longinus combo that beat my Vanish Fafnir everytime. It’s the second time I’ve battled against that set up and lost, so I quickly figured out that the extra center weight from the Longinus chip makes all the difference.

By the time finals rolled around the wind was not a factor. The sun was brighter and the day got warmer. We ended up exiting the shelter and played in the grass with the sun overhead. It turned out to be a lovely day. The finalist were very diverse which makes this game so great! Ages ranged from 7-30’s. We had a mom, a dad, a teen and a grade schooler. Mjthebest was the youngest finalist who had a tremendous amount of skill with his Metal Xtreme. I’ll say it again, the rubber drivers were in full effect and the skill was there. My son, FG Spriggan faced off against Mjthebest when they were within the same group. He spoke highly of the skill and the Xtreme combo he used.

Mjthebest lost out to Mamabey for third place. He had a tough opponent but in time I’m sure he’s gonna be an incredible force to be reckoned with. Within their battle Mj had a rough start with grasping the rules of deck with replay, switch, stay, etc. honestly it still confuses me sometimes lol. But he got it overall. I can’t remember the final score I just know Mamabey took third. She’s an incredible Blader. She may look like a cool and sweet mom and that’s because she is, but she’s also broken a lot of hearts in the Bey stadium with her skill. I had to play her to make it to finals and she’s beaten me before so I was quite nervous but I managed to squeeze a win out.

For 1st and 2nd place finals it was me vs LJ-Blader. Ive known LJ since I first began hosting and he’s one of the many Bladers i respect. I’ve never beat him. The match started 2-0 in LJ’s favor. I gained a point with my vanish Longinus combo (which I switched from Fafnir after losing to LJ in the first stage). I also had to switch to high mode to get a little more of an edge and LJ did the same. We battled it out and the score was 4-3 still in LJ’s favor. I held onto my vanish combo and LJ switched to his Savior Valkyrie on Xtreme. I managed to evade the Knockout to gain 2 more points for the overall win. Full credit still goes to LJ though for showing me again that Fafnir is highly outclasses by the Longinus chip in same spin. He did KO me earlier in the match with Savior but I was blessed to avoid it later.

[size=small][font=Helvetica Neue]Overall it was a fun event with great competition. I love competing and it’s why I became an organizer. The competitive drive pushed me and many others to host these events and create an environment for intense battles. This community, local and abroad is amazing and I’m very grateful to make so many great friends. It’s fun and events like these make it beyond worth it 😎!

[Image: IMG_8323_256x256_crop_center.jpg?v=1649728771] 

[Image: IMG_8322_256x256_crop_center.jpg?v=1649728758]    [Image: IMG_8321_256x256_crop_center.jpg?v=1649728740]

[Image: D181512A-D523-48DF-9B9A-A27EA25A9852_256...1649728561]
My savior just couldn’t get a hit in…
I learned that if you use a certain armor on vanish there is a certain way you have to put it on high mode or else.

I decided to run one attack Bey in every battle I was in because I am tired of running triple stamina. It sure makes it a lot more fun.

My one lose was to Questthebeast (who I also lost to at Summer Games) it was 2-2 and we both brought out attack beys (see the photos above for our decks). It was a close match but his ultimate manger to ko my rage last minute.

Had a great time and I will get my revenge at Dark Continent!

My savior combo was
Savior Valkyrie1 Legacy Xtreme’
The savior blade was awakened and this worked well for me that day. It could knock around right spins like no one’s business and it hit left spins (even vanish) decently hard. The Valkyrie1 core was from the Prominence Valkyrie release and my savior didn’t burst once because of that fact.
Awesome to see attack getting some time in the sun - and a fantastic read in general. I agree that Beyblade Dads are an untapped resource when it comes to filling out brackets (or making up tournament numbers) - as someone who used to play beyblade with his dad as a kid and sometimes still does, it's always great to see them getting involved. 😊