Tournament Report: Dynamite Battle 2 The Legend Of Curly's Bey 4-2-22

This is a tournament report for Dynamite Battle 2 The Legend Of Curly's Bey. This was a burst standard tournament located in Beaverton, Oregon on April 2nd 2022.

Although the meme this event is named after died out more than 2 weeks ago, the passion for spinning tops at this event was alive and well. We had 18 players show out. Our first event here, back in December, only had 9 people. Thanks to everyone who traveled and made it out to the event! We had a lot of the players from the first event return and a lot of new players as well.

The weather was nice. However it seemed to switch between cold and hot every hour or so. I like hosting at this park, it is clean and very scenic. Hopefully we can play again here in the near future. This was also one of the longer events we had. One of our judges Ebeanzy2 was preoccupied and unable to judge. We started at 12:40 and cleaned up around 5pm. Thanks to all the parents and guardians for being patient with us (especially during endless lad games).

This was our first event following the release the b-196 booster. I saw more than a few people trying to make ultimate work to no avail. Although it did see play in the top 8 it could not break into top 4. Imo the softer rubber is not enough to put it on the same level as guilty. Prominence was by far the most played beyblade at the event, at least 6 people played it as their first stage combo. Raphael also had a decent amount of representation.

In my first match I played Dmaster1292 . He used a master combo on Zone'+Z. I played my Vanish Longinus over bearing' for 4 out of 5 of my first round matches. We had a good match and he built some mean combos. I won the match but Dmaster did awesome for his first time in a wbo event.

Greatest Raphael stock, in opposite spin match ups, is actually kinda scary. For my second match I was up against A powerful young blader called Keeganhake2013 . I thought my vanish combo would win with no problem but after my first point he also got one. The points went back and forth until he eventually took the win. On my last pull I realized I should have been in high mode. I dont mode switch that often but I think it could have saved me from a loss in this situation.

Next up I played Callanmehlberg . I cant remember what bey he had but I took the win in the end. He did a great job at his first tournament!

ItzMJ was my next opponent. This was the match I was worried about. ItzMJ did very well at the last Oregon tournament. I used Devil Perseus Over Bearing'. I think he used Dynamite Valkyrie over bearing' but I could be wrong. We had a close match but my devil was able to squeak out the win. ItzMJ is a skilled up and coming blader in Oregon state.

I played one of the judges for my last match. Oblivion Crysis should never be underestimated in a match up. His combos and skill level are night and day from the last time we played. He used his Roar Bahamut metal drift stock. I switched back to Vanish for this match and it proved to be the right choice. I won the match but Oblivion is one of the best bladers in Oregon state without a doubt.

We had a four way tie for the first 4 spots in top 8. Keeganhake2013 smashed into first with 4-1. Oblivion crysis came in second with 4-1 surprising no one. I got 3rd with 4-1. And another first time player in the wbo, Whiskeytango, earned the 4th spot with a record of 4-1. Next we had another four way tie for the last remaining spots in top cut. Jake Jones took 5th with 3-2. Diamond Blader charged into 6th with another score of 3-2. ItzMJ placed 7th with 3-2. And finally Cameron Downs got 8th with his 3-2.

Every blader in this top cut was very skilled. Alas there can only be four. The supreme four for this event were Keeganhake2013, Jake Jones, ItzMJ, and I. Jake Jones defeated Keegan moving himself into the finals. Although Keegan got 4th its important to note that he only used stock Raphael and was significantly younger than the other top players. I wont be surprised if i see him in the top cut again. I played ItzMJ. This was a very tough match for me. He took the first 2 points leaving me in the dust to try and catch up. Luckily prominence on mobius is clutch. It caused many ties but earned me back 2 points. My devil was by far the mvp of this match. The small weight difference between our two dynamite/devil combos gave me the slight advantage to win. ItzMJ is a seasoned player and will likely be in the top 4 again.

The final match. Zektor VS Jake Jones. Our flare from this battle shook the earth and caused storms in the sky. But seriously, Imo, Jake Jones is the best blader in Oregon currently. He also took 2nd place at the last event here. Our battle was long and he had the point advantage for a while. But somehow it turned around and I got the win with 5-3. Great job to Jake and thanks for the epic match.

This event was a lot of fun. I am never disappointed when I travel to Oregon for events. Once again Jake Jones had constructed a massive Quad Level Stadium. I loved it so much I tried to buy it from him. The size is amazing and the beys move much more like what you see in the show. Because of the low side guards beys flew out of the stadium when they would ring out. This stadium felt like anime irl. Jake Jones is a wizard at making jumbo stadiums.

My biggest thank has to go out to the beybladebonanza crew for co-hosting with me as well as our team of judges. Oblivion Crysis PokeLynx and Ebeanzy2 did a legendary job judging.

See you all next time. I cant wait for the next Oregon Event. This is a great community of people and players.

[Image: clip-tirm.jpg]
Big up Jake that stadium looks phenomenal and great report Zektor!
I gladly say this yet again was again one of the most fun times I've had since I've been in Oregon, Being able to experience other individuals Beybladeing perfecting and mastering combos, and going all-out to see what could happen on the Fly. Pokelynx and I had a blast
Holy hell that stadium is AMAZING

Always love your write ups Zektor, man, your tournaments always seem like a blast.
I didn't get the chance to enter this time around, but even as a spectator it was super fun. I tagged a long with my friend Dmaster1292 who played against Zektor in the first round. Shout out to BaybladeBonanza, Zektor, Oblivion Crysis, PokeLynx, and Ebeanzy2 for making this happen! We look forward to the next one!
What a great first tournament! I can’t wait till the next one! Hopefully we can get to doing them regularly!