[Toronto, Ontario, Canada] October 30th, 2010 Things That Go Bump King in the Night

Man, the title is really a mouthful.

If nobody has anymore suggestions, I'm going to submit a proposal soon.
(Sep. 10, 2010  8:54 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Man, the title is really a mouthful.

If nobody has anymore suggestions, I'm going to submit a proposal soon.

Just refer to it as "BKN" Tongue_out
I just counted the weekends and AGAIN ON MY WEEKEND TO WORK!! UGH!!!
(Sep. 10, 2010  9:34 PM)Train Wrote: I just counted the weekends and AGAIN ON MY WEEKEND TO WORK!! UGH!!!

Oh, COME ON! Seriously?
(Sep. 10, 2010  9:36 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2010  9:34 PM)Train Wrote: I just counted the weekends and AGAIN ON MY WEEKEND TO WORK!! UGH!!!

Oh, COME ON! Seriously?

If I counted correctly. Yes. I'll find out for sure Monday when I go back (I have a weekend off this week!)
(Sep. 11, 2010  12:37 AM)Train Wrote: If I counted correctly. Yes. I'll find out for sure Monday when I go back (I have a weekend off this week!)

Man, that sucks.
You know that I'm free.
And I actually prefer the cold, so I'm okay with whatever date your're going to put up.
(Unless it's plastics/on school hours obviously.)

Don't care about the location as long as it has a subway near it, and the ground is flat.
For the time, are we going to be hosting it around night time or during the day cuz I can provide some tarps, candy and flashlights depending.
Ps. I can do a halloween coloured bey if you want, I like Train's idea for LLDrago.
Hm, I'm not sure if parents would be fine with their children going to a stranger's tournament at night.
We know you're not a stranger.
IDC IF ITS COLD THE COLD MAKES MY BLADERS SPIRIT HOTTER!! if that makes sense
(Sep. 11, 2010  5:19 PM)gurugulu Wrote: We know you're not a stranger.
However, the conversation will most likely go as this:

"Parent:Where are you going at this time?
Kid:To a Tournament!
Parent:Who's?
Kid:A guy named Daegor42 we found on a forum!
Parent:....."

Which is why you don't host tournaments at night.
(Sep. 11, 2010  9:29 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2010  5:19 PM)gurugulu Wrote: We know you're not a stranger.
However, the conversation will most likely go as this:

"Parent:Where are you going at this time?
Kid:To a Tournament!
Parent:Who's?
Kid:A guy named Daegor42 we found on a forum!
Parent:....."

Which is why you don't host tournaments at night.

I'm sure his dad, saw what Daegor looks like.
I wonder how much a banquet hall is for rent... Winter should be no reason to stop hosting tournaments, the only problem is we would probably need donations to rent a building, along with the building having open times for rent and people being able to make it on those times... I think if we had around, what was it, 40 people at the last Toronto event? Then we should be able to cover the cost of something like that for a day.

I will definitely put some money aside for this, I'm not sure if I can go though. I'll try to rustle up a few other people from Kitchener as well. The one I know is a bit of a stoner though, and I'd rather not have him owing me money for bus fair... I haven't seen those Mangas I lent him for 3 months...
(Sep. 12, 2010  4:01 AM)CherryICG Wrote: I wonder how much a banquet hall is for rent... Winter should be no reason to stop hosting tournaments, the only problem is we would probably need donations to rent a building, along with the building having open times for rent and people being able to make it on those times... I think if we had around, what was it, 40 people at the last Toronto event? Then we should be able to cover the cost of something like that for a day.

We're not going to rent a space for a tournament, we only do that for the AN tournaments.

(Sep. 11, 2010  10:08 PM)Pyro Wrote: I'm sure his dad, saw what Daegor looks like.

Well, I'm talking about the majority of the bladers coming.
Pocky, how dare you dismiss this idea entirely! The tournaments are fan run, if a fan so chooses to cover the costs of an indoor location, what rule is stopping them? If a fan was not able to cover the costs by him/herself, of course it wouldn't go straight to the proposals, but perhaps they would ask here if anyone else was willing to help! I am outraged by your negativity!
I vote for it to be fall time, and here's a name for the tournament: bey-scream XD
(Sep. 12, 2010  4:10 AM)CherryICG Wrote: Pocky, how dare you dismiss this idea entirely! The tournaments are fan run, if a fan so chooses to cover the costs of an indoor location, what rule is stopping them? If a fan was not able to cover the costs by him/herself, of course it wouldn't go straight to the proposals, but perhaps they would ask here if anyone else was willing to help! I am outraged by your negativity!

....Just wondering, is this sarcasm?

If not: Of course a fan can do that, however, what makes you think daegor will want to cover costs for a rent of a location? Some places cost $100.00 to rent, which is double the amount of the costs for prizes.

Sure,You can ask, but as a host it's outrageous to ask tournament contestants for money to hold a tournament, surely you understand this?
I'm not being negative at all; I'm being realistic, or what I would do.

I never said you couldn't rent a space, it's just that it most likely won't happen, and that's reality.

EDIT:Also, if you want to further discuss this matter, PM me.
Don't want to derail this thread. I won't respond to you if you ignore this request.
"We're not going to rent a space for a tournament, we only do that for the AN tournaments."

That sounded pretty definitive to me. I understand where you are coming from on a cost perspective along with prizes, but there are some places that are very low cost. I'm most likely not going to host a tournament in Kitchener, that would just be silly, but there are many community centers in every city that I'm sure have relatively similar prices to that of mine. I will call around on Monday for a quote, if you or others would so like to hear then go ahead and read my bio after Monday.

Thank you for further explaining yourself, but I found your original choice of words to be extremely aggravating and dismissive to my comment. I believe for the sake of possibly generating hostility towards eachother I will end this here: which I believe to be the motive of your PM request.

I am sorry for 'derailing' this thread as Pocky put it, but I thought that some of this content might be relative to some people's interests, if I am incorrect, please tell me and I will remove my posts to save space and time.
Not going to rent an indoor location. I'm not that rich.
I've looked into renting space before and it really just never makes sense. If someone had a free space like a community center or a hobby store, that could work, but we just don't have the numbers to rent a real space. We may get there though. The last few tournament have had a decent turn out.

I would expect people to pay a fee on top of their blader passport though, not only to cover the cost of the space, but also for bigger prizes.

I think having a list of definite attendees at the last tournament smoothed things out a bit. If someone were to rent a space for a tournament, there would have to be a cap on the attendees and people would likely have to buy a ticket beforehand to ensure everything was payed for.
Maybe, but I certainly don't want to be the one responsible for renting an indoor location, hahah.

EDIT: Anyways, I'll be submitting the proposal later today.
Can acknowledge me for the halloween idea? hah Smile
i like october 30 its a good day
wat will the age arrangements be?
me and my blade will shred the competition
id want to go but where would it be held in toronto im hoping
if it is email me a location and ill sign up