[Toronto, Ontario, 9/4/16] THE BEY-GINNING OF AN ERA

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

— THE BEY-GINNING OF AN ERA —
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2016
Roundhouse Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

EXPERIMENTAL BURST FORMAT - 11AM [FREE ENTRY!]
(Unranked + Credits/Faces + Automatic Hasbro Beyblade Burst Giveaway Entry)
+
BURST FORMAT - 2PM
(Ranked + Credits/Faces)

Years in the making ... the return of Beyblade in North America has finally arrived (well, hopefully by this Sunday)! In celebration of the September release of Beyblade Burst in Canada and their hopeful presence at Fan Expo in the Hasbro booth, we have decided to host not one, but two Burst Format events this Sunday, September 4th across the street from the convention!

Join us for a chance not only to improve your BeyRank in our ranked Burst Format event at 2PM, but to try new and exciting strategies while helping to shape the future of WBO Organized Play in our experimental, unranked Burst Format event at 11AM! And earn a chance to win some great Hasbro Beyblade Burst prizes while you're at it! Welcome to THE BEY-GINNING OF AN ERA! More details below.

We'll be playing at Roundhouse Park in downtown Toronto. Roundhouse Park is located directly across the street from the Metro Toronto Convention Centre where the Fan Expo will be taking place this weekend. The CN Tower and Rogers Centre are also very close by. Specifically, we will be playing in the area highlighted below near the corner of Bremner Boulevard and Lower Simcoe:

[Image: sI4LV03.jpg]

If you have any questions on the specific spot of the park, don't hesitate to post below!

Blader Passport or Entry Fee Required for Ranked Burst Format Event
To participate in the second event of the day–the Ranked Burst Format tournament at 2PM–you must purchase a Blader Passport for $20 CDN–which will grant you entry into all WBO events for an entire year, among other benefits–or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament.

The experimental Burst Format event is going to be part of a special campaign and is therefore free to play in! No fee or Blader Passport required!

Experimental Unranked Burst Format Information & Giveaway!
As the launch of Beyblade Burst internationally approaches, we would like to take this opportunity before what will likely be a huge influx of new users to experiment with new rulesets and ideas to make WBO Organized Play more fun to play, easy to organize, standardized, and timely in their execution. As a result, the first tournament at this event will be played using new experimental rules and will as a result be unranked. Credits and Faces will still be awarded, however.

The new rules for this first, experimental Burst Format tournament at 11AM will be as follows:
  • Odin Layer is Legal
  • Swiss Format w/Single Elimination Final
  • Deck Rotation for Single Elimination finals
  • 2 Point Burst Finishes/KOs.
  • Seeding based strictly on BeyRank.
All of these rule changes may or may not be implemented into our regular events in the future. We will be monitoring the results and feedback from this event to help gauge what works and what doesn't. So, by participating in this event not only are you getting a chance to play with some exciting new rules that will certainly shake up how every player approaches their battles and the choices they make, you're helping us to shape the future of the WBO!

As thanks for playing to the best of your ability in this event and helping us make more informed decisions, all participants in this event will be entered into a Hasbro Beyblade Burst Giveaway! Details to be announced soon in an announcement about this campaign for the rest of the world in the News forum.

Other organizers who'd like to participate in running experimental formats: We're doing this one first to see how it goes, but we'll roll out experimental format availability to all organizers shortly after this event.

Awakening Amaterios Prize Campaign

Quote:
[Image: hSC9Tqh.gif]

Awaken the legendary Beyblade Amaterios Aero Assault – and claim it as your own!

Prove your strength as a Blader by winning the most consecutive battles in this tournament to win an exclusive Face, the Shard of Amaterios. Collect 3 Shards of Amaterios to summon the legendary Beyblade straight to your doorstep.

What is Beyblade Burst?
[Image: gnJ23kG.png]
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in 2015 in Japan and Hasbro is set to launch it in North America in 2016. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Beyblade General Forum, and the Beyblade Burst Hasbro Topic for the most up to date information about Hasbro's release of the series internationally.

Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! It's likely that people will have some on hand for sale, and if not, we would be glad to lend one to you for the duration of the event!

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook for updates including photos and video from this event!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade | [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization | Instagram

Spread the word!
#WORLDBEYBLADE #BEYBLADE

Side Note
We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread!

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to THE BEY-GINNING OF AN ERA, please post here and I will start building an attendance list! Please also specify which of the two events you'll be participating in if

Attendees:
Kei
Mitsu
1234beyblade
ali12345456
Technik
LMAO
Lani

Possible Attendees:
Hato
{YT}EnderBlader
pyrus10000
JesseObre
MDK Shady

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Sep. 01, 2016  7:18 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2016  7:58 PM)Classik Wrote: You guys always pick the worst dates for me lol. Won't be able to make it out.

What sort of days usually work best for you @[Classik]?
Honestly this saturday would've been great. But I always make plans with friends before I learn about the Tournament dates. My bad.
IMPORTANT RULING UPDATE:
Hasbro Beyblade Burst Energy Layers and Performance Tips (Drivers) have been temporarily banned from WBO Organized Play events, meaning that they will not be legal for our events tomorrow. More details here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Provisi...urst-Parts

Also, here is my list of items I'll have for sale tomorrow:

Kei Wrote:

Kei's Items For Sale at THE BEY-GINNING OF AN ERA
Sales are First Come, First Served, All Prices in Canadian Dollars

[Image: aweUZyC.jpg]

B-56 Booster Unlock Unicorn .D.N x4 $19 each ($17 without BeyCode)
B-57 Triple Booster Set x2 $54 each ($51 without BeyCode)
B-58 Karabiner Grip x3 $15 each ($13 without BeyCode)
B-29 Starter Valkyrie Wing Accel Entry Package x2 $19 each ($16 without BeyCode)
B-49 06 Storm Spriggan Limited Variable (Green, NIB) x1 $15 each ($13 without BeyCode)
B-49 07 Rising Ragnaruk Boost Press (Yellow, NIB) x1 $15 each ($13 without BeyCode)
B-49 08 Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Variable (Orange, NIB) x2 $15 each ($13 without BeyCode)
BG-03 01 Evileye (Green) Layer x2 $7 each ($6 without BeyCode)
BG-03 02 Yggdrasil (Red) Layer x3 $7 each ($6 without BeyCode)
BG-03 03 Victory Valkyrie (Yellow) Layer x1 $9 each ($8 without BeyCode)
BG-03 04 Kaiser Kerbeus (White) Layer x1 $7 each ($6 without BeyCode)
B-26 Rubber Assist x1 - $10 each ($7 without BeyCode)
B-15 Spriggan Central Accel (Mint/Unused, Green) x1 - $10 each
Just want to clarify: if anyone picked up Hasbro Beyblade Burst products over the past few days and that is all you have, don't worry! We will all be happy to lend out TAKARA-TOMY Burst parts for these events. We will be making a decision about the Hasbro parts as soon as possible, so hopefully this will be the only event where they are banned.

Also, because the first tournament at 11AM may go more quickly than our regular events, there is a chance that we'll start the second event a bit earlier than 2PM (maybe 1:30PM). If you were planning to come to that event but can't make it before 2PM, just let me know.
Won't be able to make it out this time. Sry guys : (
I'm 100% as long as nothing drastic occurs, pls don't wreck me too badly
Ok so there's like a 50% chance I'll show up. I'm so sorry Unhappy
Heading out now!

ride from finch to union fun fun
Pls help I'm lost at the railway thin
Whoa, hey guys! Welcome to the final standings for today's events:

THE BEY-GINNING OF AN ERA - Experimental Burst Format
1st: 1234beyblade
2nd: pyrus10000
3rd: JesseObre
4th: BLASTERJOKER

THE BEY-GINNING OF AN ERA - Burst Format
1st: JesseObre
2nd: 1234beyblade
3rd: Mitsu
4th: Kei

Will post my thoughts on the experimental format more in this thread later (everyone who participated is welcome to post their feedback on this event in that thread if they are an organizer, or here if they are not), but there was definitely some things that worked and some that didn't. A big thank you to everyone who participated in this event.

Hope to see you again at our next events as well, @[MDK Shady]! Great to see new faces join us. Also just as great is to see old ones return, like @[ali12345456]! Can't believe it's been five years since you last played in an event! Glad to have you back. Smile
@[Kei] when am I going a get a blader passport face?
(Sep. 05, 2016  3:45 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote: @[Kei] when am I going a get a blader passport face?

Whenever we process the event or after I've put together the results spreadsheets, which should be soon. Please be patient. Smile Thanks!
WoAhHhH, HeYyY GuYsSs! Awesome day yesterday! I'm definitely glad I managed to pull a Third Place win after an unsuccessful 5-4 record from the last event.

JesseObre has been on a roll lately! Just yesterday, he won his last Shard of Amaterios to top off his 3 recent First Place wins! He is the Canadian winner of the Awakening Amaterios Campaign, which should finish it off completely. Eee

Photos!
It was really great to come back to a wbo event after so long, even though I got destroyed in the tournament I had a lot of fun! You all are a bunch of lovely people thank you for being so kind to a noob like me. Hopefully I do better in the next tournament, Unfortunately cuz of hasbro renaming the parts of the beyblades I know none of the actual terminology lol.

I made a video on the event, It was a rushed job done in one sitting so there is no polish and there is a lot of mistakes (like the win counter during 1234beyblade and mitsu's battle and the choppiness of the battle card) I mainly made it as a warm up to see what could be done in a event video. (There was also some technical errors going on with premier pro that kept me up until 5am so please keep that in mind)

Feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Awesome! A few things come to mind:

- I'd try to be careful of using shots that are overexposed because you can't really see what's going on in them (I know it doesn't help that we were using a white stadium in the direct sunlight sometimes).
- I don't know if it's just me, but hearing the sound of a clip when you use slow-mo is kind of unpleasant haha; would be better if you muted those clips and let the music be a little bit louder maybe.
- Quicker cuts for stamina battles is always a good idea to keep the video moving and engaging. The final battle was a bit long because of the longer cuts.

Anyways, thanks a lot for putting the video together so quickly! It was fun to watch. Smile Maybe in the future you can think about submitting footage for Beyblade Channel.
(Sep. 05, 2016  8:17 PM)Kei Wrote: Awesome! A few things come to mind:

- I'd try to be careful of using shots that are overexposed because you can't really see what's going on in them (I know it doesn't help that we were using a white stadium in the direct sunlight sometimes).
- I don't know if it's just me, but hearing the sound of a clip when you use slow-mo is kind of unpleasant haha; would be better if you muted those clips and let the music be a little bit louder maybe.
- Quicker cuts for stamina battles is always a good idea to keep the video moving and engaging. The final battle was a bit long because of the longer cuts.

Anyways, thanks a lot for putting the video together so quickly! It was fun to watch. Smile Maybe in the future you can think about submitting footage for Beyblade Channel.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I felt the same about the slowmo but did not want to have one shot with background sound and then the next without so next time i will fade out the background sound so that the shift isn't too jarring. I wanted to cut the final battle a bit but thought that I would get some flak for doing that to the "main event match" but now that I have gotten a response on it I will be sure to fix that next time.

Thanks a bunch!
Any idea when the next event will be? Just started school...Unhappy I picked up a few new hasbro tops today so I won't need to pick off of everyone else's pieces Wink
(Sep. 07, 2016  3:05 AM)Sukoshi Kasai Wrote: Any idea when the next event will be? Just started school...Unhappy I picked up a few new hasbro tops today so I won't need to pick off of everyone else's pieces Wink

Not yet! Please keep an eye on this thread for out latest discussions, but whenever we've decided on a date we'll probably tag you and everyone else in Toronto or post the event thread here!
Tournament Results Spreadsheets
THE BEY-GINNING OF AN ERA - Experimental (Unranked, Credits/Faces Only): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

THE BEY-GINNING OF AN ERA: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
You wrote that there were twelve participants instead of ten.
(Sep. 11, 2016  3:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You wrote that there were twelve participants instead of ten.

Thanks for catching that. Fixed. Smile
OK, all Faces and Credits were distributed, and the non-experimental format was processed for BeyPoints. Congratulations to everyone who attended!