[Toronto, Ontario, 7/19/15] HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 7 - New Start Time: 12PM

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: GmbzdaM.png]

High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Standard Format
Time: 12PM (Logo needs to be updated)

The WBO's longest running annual tournament returns once again! Toronto Bladers, join us on Sunday, July 19th at 1PM for HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 7, just one day after Beyblade Burst officially launches in Japan!

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

Entry Fee + Prizes
As always, to participate in the tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport for $12 CDN, or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament. And aside from competing for Faces, BeyPoints, and Credits, the prizes will of course be ... legendary! Dumb Rimshot

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you're interested in attending HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 7, please post here and I will begin building an attendance list for each tournament! Please specify whether you are confirmed or possible.

Attendees:
Kei
LMAO
Mitsu
1234beyblade
Blasterjoker01
The Sponge
Suntailhawk
JesseObre

Possible Attendees:
Hato

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Can't come early I'll be there at 11:45!

Good luck to everyone! See you all there!
Where is everybody?
The winner of the tournament were as follows
1st: 1234beyblade

2nd: Kei

3rd: LMAO

This was another crazy tourney haha! We bought an ice cream cake for Kei's birthday haha, it was a great time, since we didn't finish the cake Mitsu decided to put his face into the cake haha. I made the list of first places in the HTP series of tourneys, very happy about that haha.
or
Congrats on the win, 1234beyblade! Grin

Mitsu didn't place?! Mitsu, I'm killing your pink bunny

Can't believe you got a cake for Kei, and I need pictures of Mitsu with his cake filled face..

Glad it was a fun day, sorry I couldn't come. Smile
Hi everyone! Here are the complete final standings:

1st: 1234beyblade
2nd: Kei
3rd: LMAO
4th: U wot m8 (AKA The Sponge)

I was happy to rebound after my poor performance at Forget About F230 last week, and despite a controversial call made by Priscient in the finals against 1234beyblade that might have cost me the tournament, I was still happy to have done well throughout the day! And 1234beyblade continued to tear up the Toronto community with an excellent final record of 11-1, so he certainly deserved it! It was also nice to LMAO earn a top three finish again for the second time in three months. We were all happy to see @[Priscient] make an appearance today for the first time this year as well! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I hope you can make it again sometime this summer.

But what made me even happier was seeing the effort you all put in to wishing me a happy birthday with the cake and donuts today! It was quite well executed as well with Jesse pretending that he didn't know where you all were when we supposedly arrived at the same time as I did and walked with me to the shelter. When you called me this morning, @[JesseObre], that 'errand' you were running was for the cake, wasn't it?! I was literally half asleep, so you caught me at a good time hahaha. I certainly was not expecting you guys to do something like that at all, and I can't remember another time in my life when people have tried to 'surprise' me like that for my birthday, so it was really touching! Smile Thank you all so much. You're the best!

I just posted the few pictures I took today on the WBO Facebook. Click the picture or link below to check them out:

[Image: d1SQeLb.jpg]

3 .. 2 .. 1 .. BLAST-OFF!
People who didn't attend: you'll know what this is referencing when I make the BeyChannel video for this event someday. Wink

BLAST OFF

Great tournament, probably one of my favourites of this year. Thank you for such smooth hosting and judging everyone! It was nice to finally place after so long, hopefully getting out of the slump I've been in recently can change completely, and thanks to winning today, it's starting to happen!

Final record was 8-4, not too bad, but it was extremely fun!

I LIKE IT!
Forgot to post last night, but I had a lot of fun yesterday! I got a record of 6-4; not so good, not so bad either. Smile

Jesse, 1234beyblade, Blasterjoker1, Pyrus and I met up at around 10:00, hung out a bit, got food and then bought the cake, which was soon to be shoved into my face. Wally.web had also brought doughnuts, which was also a plus!

BD145RDF (even with Gravity, @[Angry Face]!) was also used a ton, too! Kei and I legit played in a match between right-spin and left-spin synchrome paired with it, with like 7/8 ties and many close calls. Luckily, I pulled through that match and got a 3-2 win!

It was good to see David again as well. Not expecting to see him for another while, but it was great when we did!

See you all next tournament! Kind of happy we're just experimenting with Burst, haha.
Hey guys here are some pictures i took at the tournament!

https://www.facebook.com/hubert.wadelski...661&type=1
(Jul. 21, 2015  1:01 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Hey guys here are some pictures i took at the tournament!

https://www.facebook.com/hubert.wadelski/media_set?set=a.532223423594431.1073741825.100004203330661&type=1

Nice! Would it be possible for you to upload the high-res versions of those and PM a download link to me so that I can add them to the album on the WBO Facebook?
(Jul. 21, 2015  1:11 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2015  1:01 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Hey guys here are some pictures i took at the tournament!

https://www.facebook.com/hubert.wadelski...661&type=1

Nice! Would it be possible for you to upload the high-res versions of those and PM a download link to me so that I can add them to the album on the WBO Facebook?

Most of those are screenshots from videos so unfortunately they will not be much better quality. But if you still want them i can certainly send them to you!
(Jul. 21, 2015  1:16 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2015  1:11 AM)Kei Wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/hubert.wadelski/media_set?set=a.532223423594431.1073741825.100004203330661&type=1

Most of those are screenshots from videos so unfortunately they will not be much better quality. But if you still want them i can certainly send them to you!

Ah, really? Well, they're still good enough to post. Thanks!
Here is a video of Kei's birthday celebration! (I kept the video unlisted so only people with the link can see it so Kei can have his privacy)

The ending was the worst. XD

I was kinda quiet put aside the face-in-cake bit though, haha.
Man you guys are young. Now I feel like the creepy old dude. Haha
Beyblade has no age limit, you shouldn't feel that way!

One of our active members Suntailhawk is 28, and its not weird at all!
Thanks. I am a kid at heart anyway. All I do is work, hang out with my gf, shoot guns and play with toys. Lol. I also am a huge b-daman enthusiast. They need to come out with
b-daman burst. That would be awesome. B-daman that burst when they get hit.
(Jul. 21, 2015  7:02 AM)LMAO Wrote: Beyblade has no age limit, you shouldn't feel that way!

One of our active members Suntailhawk is 28, and its not weird at all!

That's right, I am the senior in the group Tongue_out

But I blend right in Smile
(Jul. 21, 2015  3:04 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Here is a video of Kei's birthday celebration! (I kept the video unlisted so only people with the link can see it so Kei can have his privacy)

Thanks. Smile

Who was the mastermind behind everything?
I believe it was Daniels idea to get the cake, and then Jesse made the plan, and then Hubert, Raymond and Kyle all went a long and helped.

I was informed the morning of, so it was somewhat a surprise for me as well haha
Lol. How much was the cake?
It came out to around 25 dollars, I believe.
(Jul. 24, 2015  6:44 PM)Mitsu Wrote: It came out to around 25 dollars, I believe.
Not too bad. I would expect it to be much more expensive seeing it is a ice cream cake.
The actual cakes at Dairy Queen were more expensive, haha.

Anyhow, I really do hope you enjoyed the surprise, Scott. Smile