[Toronto, Ontario, 12/14/14] FROZEN BEYS

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: XliHFbZ.png]
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2014 - 1PM
High Park (map) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
STANDARD FORMAT

Hand, Feet, Heads ... our entire bodies have been frozen. Now, the Beys are next ... unless you keep them spinning! Toronto Bladers, please come join us at High Park on Sunday, December 14th, 2014 at 1PM for FROZEN BEYS!

Since we were able to gather enough participants in the Toronto WBO General thread, this will be an official WBO tournament! Make sure to get your Blader Passport if you haven't done so already! Or, simply pay $5 if you plan on only attending FROZEN BEYS. Aside from competing for Faces, BeyPoints, and Credits, the prizes will of course be good!

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. Once everyone gets there, we'll move down to the other end of the shelter, as we usually do for these December tournaments. This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

"But it will be too cold!"
For anyone who is concerned: I am going to do my best to get through this tournament as quickly as possible. I'm pretty sure none of us want to be outside playing Beyblade for more than a few hours on a cold December day (but that doesn't mean we can't have fun!). As a result, I'd like to ask for everyone to please arrive at 1PM sharp or earlier.

If you're interested, please let us know here so we can start building an attendance list. Hope to see you there!

Attendance List:
Kei
OldSchoolâ„¢
Shido
Spectral
Phantom God

Possible Attendees:
Carterblader14
Spectral
Hato-Bokkun
des!re
1234beyblade
Priscient
JesseObre
LMAO
The Sponge
pyrus10000

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Have fun guys! I'll just be here... watching youtube... crying... Crying
Is it okay that I'm a bit late?

Ive git some stuff i need to do

oh and I'm not bringing all my stuff
Yup, that's okay as long as you'll definitely be there eventually!
My mom is just getting ready now

Ill be there by 2:00 or 2:30 latest
Hey, can you bring your BB-10 @[Spectral]?
(Dec. 14, 2014  7:16 AM)Kei Wrote: Alright. @[Carterblader14], @[1234beyblade], and @[pyrus10000], can you guys please confirm for us ASAP if you'll be able to make it tomorrow?

I'll check this thread as early as I can in the morning and will update everyone on the status of the tournament based on whether we get one of the three people above to confirm or not.
sorry, i was working from 9am, so there was no way i could possibly make it...
(Dec. 14, 2014  7:37 PM)Kei Wrote: Hey, can you bring your BB-10 @[Spectral]?
Last time it got really mashed up and no one really respected the rules I put down + its just to much of a hassle to bring it

and I'm going to the mall after so thats extra time
1st: OldSchoolâ„¢
2nd: Kei
3rd: JesseObre

Congratulations to OldSchoolâ„¢ for placing first for the first time! And thanks to everyone who showed up today.

Photos:

The next tournament will likely be in a few months from now, so I look forward to seeing all of you again in 2015! With 20 tournaments in total since April, we tied our record set in 2011 for amount of tournaments in one year. Smile
Wow! Congrats to OldSchool! and all the others of course..
Did Shido's father beat Kei? I know he did :3
I can't wait for the next tournament and I could probably come Smile
Welp,Now I have a sprained thumb and a bruise on my knee,But IM A MAN!

I really wanna thank Oldschool for helping me out today

welp I'm off to order some stoofz like Fusion Hades
(Dec. 15, 2014  1:04 AM)Spectral Wrote: Welp,Now I have a sprained thumb and a bruise on my knee,But IM A MAN!

What happened? Confused

OldSchoolâ„¢ helped a lot of people today haha.
Just got home and had a pretty awesome day today, though I did only go 3-4. Tongue_out

Hato-Bokkun Wrote:Did Shido's father beat Kei? I know he did

He actually did, using a Left Spin LTSC, placing fourth, too! Huge congrats to him for the accomplishments he made on his first tournament; you guys should acknowledge him for that! He did get a lot of help from other members, though. He managed to beat me, Phantom God and Spectral, aside from Scott, losing against Jesse in the tie for third and fourth, as well, so as a result, he went 4-4, slightly better than me. I believe my records are now 82-97, lol.

Spectral Wrote:I really wanna thank Oldschool for helping me out today

He helped like all of us, haha. Every second, we heard someone whispering for something.

Kei Wrote:With 20 tournaments in total since April, we tied our record set in 2011 for amount of tournaments in one year.

It was actually twenty one, no?
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Got a little video, it'll be uploaded as soon as I get off school.

This sure was a nice way to kick off the year, I really enjoyed today. Hope to see you all comes the Spring!
Wow! Congrats to everybody!
Wow, this seems like a great tournament! I can't wait for the next one and I hope OldSchool can give me some wisdom too Wink
Loads of fun today! Time went by quickly for me since everyone was asking for parts/grips/launchers between rounds. Classic, you still have my clear red H145 and RF. I'll grab it the next time = )

I beat Kei, finally! and 1st place! First time for everything I suppose hehe

My winning combo's
(Dec. 15, 2014  1:11 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2014  1:04 AM)Spectral Wrote: Welp,Now I have a sprained thumb and a bruise on my knee,But IM A MAN!

What happened? Confused

OldSchoolâ„¢ helped a lot of people today haha.
Somehow I messed it launching or something
Wait, what are you talking about, I believe I gave it back? As for the H145, I never asked you for one, either. Confused

Edit - Do you mean BD145 and RSF? I was able to find them in my tackle box, actually.

My dad's literally the Spinster of Toronto, lol.
(Dec. 15, 2014  1:32 AM)Shido Wrote: It was actually twenty one, no?

If you count The Leaves Have Fallen and Frost Approaches, yes. That one likely will not count, though.

(Dec. 15, 2014  2:09 AM)OldSchoolâ„¢ Wrote: My winning combo's

RS? That thing was super aggressive on Flash!

(Dec. 15, 2014  2:30 AM)Shido Wrote: My dad's literally the Spinster of Toronto, lol.

spinster is the spinster of toronto
(Dec. 15, 2014  2:30 AM)Shido Wrote: Wait, what are you talking about, I believe I gave it back? As for the H145, I never asked you for one, either. Confused

Edit - Do you mean BD145 and RSF? I was able to find them in my tackle box, actually.

My dad's literally the Spinster of Toronto, lol.

Sorry, I meant to say Classic. You guys change ur names too often xD
Midnight, I got everything back from you already = )

(Dec. 15, 2014  3:41 AM)Kei Wrote: RS? That thing was super aggressive on Flash!

Sorry, RF not RS xD

Here's the list again without the errors

MSF-M Genbull Dragoon F230CF
MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF
MF-H Flash Orion WD145RF

As a side not, since Jesse has yet to reply, one can only assume that he is dead. So I get his beys like he said Joyful_3
Darn whenever i try to come back im always a bit late lol, hopefully ill remember to sign up for the next tournament.
(Dec. 19, 2014  7:48 AM)ali12345456 Wrote: Darn whenever i try to come back im always a bit late lol, hopefully ill remember to sign up for the next tournament.

Yo, sign up on the BeyMap and activate email notification for your new private messages. That way, whenever we add a new event to the BeyMap in Toronto, you will get notified both by private message, and if you do not come here on time, you also get a notification by email. You cannot really miss things with those features, hah.
Hato-Bokkun Wrote:Shido, if your dad can beat you, this is sad..

Ohh, it's pretty sad, haha, although quite funny thinking about it now. Tongue_out

The match was between my Duo 90BWD setup and his - I mean Kei's MF-M Duo Cygnus SA165EWD. I haven't seen Kei pull out that combo for him or anyone else (as in my father) in a pretty long time; all he uses generally uses now is Black Dragon setups, lol. The reason why I used that, too, was because I thought he'd continue going for the low track Genbull Dragoon EWD setup of Jesse's.

Dragoon F230 wrecked the tournament royally, by the way. I don't remember or hearing about one match where it lost one match against Stamina - Dragoon-based Stamina. The matches where OldSchool won using it were all because of CF being able to stall, though.
I'm so behind on the meta, i did not know dragoon came back lol
(Dec. 20, 2014  1:56 PM)Bitix Wrote: Possible
Tournament is over. But above, Kai-V mentioned you can subscribe so you know when the next tournament is Smile
Yeah, @[ali12345456] and @[Bitix], you should definitely sign up on the BeyMap and turn on e-mail notifications for PMs. That way you won't miss the next time we have a tournament. We could have used you this time!

(Dec. 19, 2014  2:20 PM)Shido Wrote: The match was between my Duo 90BWD setup and his - I mean Kei's MF-M Duo Cygnus SA165EWD. I haven't seen Kei pull out that combo for him or anyone else (as in my father) in a pretty long time; all he uses generally uses now is Black Dragon setups, lol. The reason why I used that, too, was because I thought he'd continue going for the low track Genbull Dragoon EWD setup of Jesse's.

I hadn't used it a lot lately because it's relatively risky to use, but excellent when you get the right match up against something that isn't aggressive. What you ended up using ended up being perfect because I've found that SA165EWD can beat lower Stamina combos as long as you're spinning the same spin direction as your opponent. You might have had a better chance had you been using the Dragooon 90EWD set up.

Also, Jesse 'stole' the Genbull Dragooon 90EWD set up from me ... which I 'stole' from UltimateOrion lol.