[Toronto, ON, Canada]

Poll: What place would you rather have our meeting?

Dufferin Grove Park - Across from Toy 'R Us
53.33%
Pacific Mall - find a designated area.
33.33%
Other.
13.33%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
(Jun. 01, 2010  11:01 PM)Dan Wrote: O.K, wonder who else voted for Dufferin...
Edit: For god sake, it was NateKilgore, who doesn't even live in Canada.
jeeezuuzzz

This.

anyways I think we can keep the date but change the time so we can arrange a double meet-up no?

I voted for Pacific but I change my mind. It's too much of a hassle to bus twice.
Unless somebody can pick me up at pacific? 8D
No, lets do it a day or two after. Do you guys still have school then?
Well you really can't put in a weekday because where you might have exams so your're off many people could have them later or too early or maybe be in elementry school.

So the only safe date I see is sunday or saturday =/
Im pretty shure pocky there are mostly takara beys since most are asian stores and Hasbro just came out a couple of weeks ago .
Hmm okay so lets find a date.
YOU come up with them, since I will have no sense when to put it since I'm off school in 2 weeks.
How about July the 4th? (It's a sunday.) around 12PM-3PM? I'm guessing 2 hours around will be used scouting for takara beys through the behemoth of a mall.

but that's if we're using Pacific.
hmm better yet. We all go to Minions thing. Then the week after July 10th we do this at Pacific. Then HPT on the 17th. This way we all get to know each other better we get to see what blades are at PC and we get 3 weeks of bey fun!!!
Actually that's not a bad idea... that is if Dan could come on the 10th, which he can't, unfortunately Unhappy
What time on the 4th I have church on sundays so ye...
I can come. I mixed it up with june and july.
June 8-17 i have exams.
I can make it any time in july. Lets d it at dufferin THEN next time at Pacific.
Dan that sounds good if we schedule something ill be there
Only reason why I disagree (sorry dan. Tongue_out) is because we already have a meet up there in the same month, why have another one?

Plus people can get things like ray unicorno,galaxy pegasis and whatever else isn't in canada if they do sell SOME takara tomy beys.

Plus pacific mall is generally cheap.
Exactly and from what corny says they do sell MFBs there I wouldn't be surprised if they did. PC Mall is known for their ability to order things online and sell them for profit.
(Jun. 02, 2010  3:46 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Only reason why I disagree (sorry dan. Tongue_out) is because we already have a meet up there in the same month, why have another one?
Do a meet-up at the beginning, then a tournament at the end ? I do not know ... We will not advertise or take into account meet-ups at all anyway, so you really should think about tournaments as well if possible.
Thats probably best. If we did would it still be a 5$ entrance fee like usual if you don't have a Blader Pass?
(Jun. 02, 2010  4:15 AM)Ken-G Wrote: Thats probably best. If we did would it still be a 5$ entrance fee like usual if you don't have a Blader Pass?
Yes.
The problem (IMO) with P-mall is that there isn't really anywhere to loiter for hours on end being loud and obvious (ie- a beyblade tournament). Where as you can run around in a park all day. Malls are just not good hang out spots.

That said, if you do plan something there, I will probably come. Getting to p-mall by the TTC (even from where I live in NorthYork) is a huge mission. I don't expect anyone who lives downtown, or anywhere West of the city will have the patience to trek out there. I like the downtown meeting spots because it is a fair compromise for everyone that lives outside of Toronto.
(Jun. 02, 2010  4:32 PM)Minion Wrote: The problem (IMO) with P-mall is that there isn't really anywhere to loiter for hours on end being loud and obvious (ie- a beyblade tournament). Where as you can run around in a park all day. Malls are just not good hang out spots.

That said, if you do plan something there, I will probably come. Getting to p-mall by the TTC (even from where I live in NorthYork) is a huge mission. I don't expect anyone who lives downtown, or anywhere West of the city will have the patience to trek out there. I like the downtown meeting spots because it is a fair compromise for everyone that lives outside of Toronto.

For this problem could we walk to highgate park? It seems like a rough 5 min walk.

My problem with downtown is that it takes a solid 2 hours (one trip!!) to get there by bus. =/
But I can see why it would be hard to get to pacific mall by TTC from downtown toronto as well, guessing 2 hours if thats one way from markham (again one trip.)
Theres a park nearby? Perfect. I will not lie getting to P-Mall is a mission for me as well but if there is a way to buy takara blades without having to wait three weeks then I would rather do that than wait three weeks and have upped prices from shipping. I'm going to guess P-Mall will probably sell stuff for 20s though because they have to pay for shipping. The biggest thing with going to P-Mall is just for the simple fact that we have access to takara items instead of Hasbro.
Nah Kenji I would be suprised actually if they costed 20$.

Pacific mall has many things that are cheap (however pirated, can beyblades be pirated?)
And I don't think pacific mall will bother checking if there's a difference between the fake and the real ones.
I expect around 5-10$, I think they have their own ways of getting beys cheap.

But that is if Corny's information is accurate (nothing on you Corny Smile)
lol. imagine 5$ for LLDrago Rawr!!!
(Jun. 02, 2010  10:27 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Nah Kenji I would be suprised actually if they costed 20$.

Pacific mall has many things that are cheap (however pirated, can beyblades be pirated?)
And I don't think pacific mall will bother checking if there's a difference between the fake and the real ones.
I expect around 5-10$, I think they have their own ways of getting beys cheap.

But that is if Corny's information is accurate (nothing on you Corny Smile)

Actually, when p-mall used to have authentic Takara HMS beyblades they cost anywhere from $15-$30, I know this for a fact, as I bought Samurai changer there for $25. I only found two shops there that ever had official bey. One of those stores actually sold both real and fake bey, so you had to know what to look for. I haven't yet heard of anyone finding MFB there yet. I think there are bootleg MFB in Toronto though, someone had one @ AnimeNorth last weekend.

Not everything at P-mall is cheap, a lot of the authentic products found there are WAY over-priced due to importing costs and the desire to turn a profit.

Other than the obvious reason of getting newer/rare bey, I don't really see the benefit of Takara bey right now when Hasbro has just released their first wave here.

All that said, I'd be up for meeting @ p-mall and traveling to a park if it happens.

I was going to move my proposed canada day event to that weekend though, probably the saturday. Should I cancel that? If everyone is more interested in doing P-mall over dufferin grove, thats fine. I just want to have a meet-up to get to know people.
I probably wouldn't be able to make a Pacific Mall meet up due to more TTC confusion, and the fact the trip would be at least an hour each way.
Quote:I was going to move my proposed canada day event to that weekend though, probably the saturday. Should I cancel that? If everyone is more interested in doing P-mall over dufferin grove, thats fine. I just want to have a meet-up to get to know people.

I guess we can leave it to the majority vote and see what happens.
So far Grove is winning.
I'm getting Galaxy Pegasis btw so ftw.
I don't think we're getting very far here, Lets see how poll pans out.
then decide a date.
It is a bit far too, so demand should be really high or this will be more of a GTA thing.
I was really just hoping to make our first one local, not far out. Speechless w/e we'll see.