[Toronto, ON, Canada]

Poll: What place would you rather have our meeting?

Dufferin Grove Park - Across from Toy 'R Us
53.33%
Pacific Mall - find a designated area.
33.33%
Other.
13.33%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Quote:Decided, its at dufferin grove park.
Saturday July 10th, 2010 @ 2PM.
This is NOT a tournament, just a hang out.

Buy blades with us, if you haven't already.
I was thinking of maybe making a group of people who just come play beyblade frequently in a designated area locally. Anyone up for it? If so, post a place where we should do it.
Edit: added poll, for 10 days.
haha I tried to start something similar last year, but I think it was a bit premature. It was called the Toronto Beyclub.
Dan where do u live like the area(street and such)because i can help you look for a place i just need to know if u can go pretty far
I'm interested. Tongue_out maybe we can try a library or something so that way there is no fee? There are libraries in Toronto which do a youth adversity group(YAG) and they host hobby events like yugioh once a month. I don't see why we couldn't do one for beyblading since the new anime is out and a lot of younger kids would want to play we might even get a bunch of new WBO members. In fact the members of YAG have like complete say in what is done. My friends and I asked if we could do yugioh and now we do it like every month. We asked for gaming event now the library has a 360,Wii,PS3 just for the events. I could bring up blading in my next meeting. I'm 70% sure we could get it going in the summer.
(May. 30, 2010  9:54 PM)RaitonLDragon Wrote: I'm interested. Tongue_out maybe we can try a library or something so that way there is no fee? There are libraries in Toronto which do a youth adversity group(YAG) and they host hobby events like yugioh once a month. I don't see why we couldn't do one for beyblading since the new anime is out and a lot of younger kids would want to play we might even get a bunch of new WBO members. In fact the members of YAG have like complete say in what is done. My friends and I asked if we could do yugioh and now we do it like every month. We asked for gaming event now the library has a 360,Wii,PS3 just for the events. I could bring up blading in my next meeting. I'm 70% sure we could get it going in the summer.

U said once a month by that do u mean we blade once a month just that one day?
Not necessarily, basically what I'm trying to get at is these things can be done. Also once a month is a lot better then once every two/three months. Forgot to include that we had anime nights which occurred twice a month.
Im all up for this, how about around once per..... week? 2 weeks?

wouldn't be bad if we could get a tourney like that too... Wink
Also you guys should see if you guys have a YAG group in your area. You can get community hours for setting up a beyblading event.
Well i have a near by library in my area that has a room that i see sometimes that is unoccupied and im guessing its as big as the Anime North War room 2009 . But i dont know if it has YAG ill check it out more and see if we can use it. Oh and also its called Bridlewood Library by warden and finch in bridlewood mall .Tell me if ur near that area and wanna blade =)
Well I would love to blade but you live in Scarborough so ye... but maybe you can set something up in your area.
(May. 30, 2010  10:52 PM)RaitonLDragon Wrote: Well I would love to blade but you live in Scarborough so ye... but maybe you can set something up in your area.

Where do u live?
Etobicoke. Around the Albion Mall Area.
(May. 30, 2010  11:00 PM)RaitonLDragon Wrote: Etobicoke. Around the Albion Mall Area.

AWww lol just looked it up were basically from end to end =( is there anyone that lives in scarborough?
I think it would be perferable for everyone if the location is actually in Toronto, rather than one of the surronding areas, just for transit, and ease of arrival.

This seems to be a list of participating YAG libraries. They want High School students to run YAG programs, of which to my knowledge, none of the Toronto based committee are. If I was a regular to my local library, I'd ask, but I'm far from that, haha.
Is there any other parks or recreation places where we can blade but is in a great location near Toys R Us Walmart and any other store that sells beyblades. With the exception of the one that Dan mentioned in another topic . There is a place i know called Pacific Mall(BIG asian hang out ) where alot of people hang out and there is one store i visit regularly that is a Hobby shop where people play Yu Gi Oh and such . Last time i went there ,there were people playing beyblade and there was quite a number of them probably around 20 ( I think thats a pretty big number for people that just meet up and have no connection with each other like WBO forums ) there were young kids with their Dads and Teenagers as well so i guess its pretty balanced out in terms of age( Not sure though if they hold tournaments .Ill be checking that later) . Also if not alot of you who live in Toronto dont visit Pacific Mall there are a number of Stores with Japanese Beyblades ( Takara Tomy and such) and they are pretty active in keeping up with the latest beyblades . Its just like a regular mall with the food courts and other shops but with an Asian Theme
(May. 31, 2010  12:52 AM)Corny Wrote: -snip-

Pacific Mall is bootleg central. I wouldn't trust buying things that have been heavily pirated, such as Beyblades.
Sorry To But not all the beyblades are bootleg yes i admit ive seen some fake ones but there is one store that isnt and its probably the only store thats not fake lol
O.K guys. I'd like to start this in summer, with exams out of the way for most.
I have to go to Florida for the first week or two, but when I get back, or earlier you can try and set something up.
Like I said earlier, lets discuss an area. I have no problem with people surrounding Toronto, as long as you get to our meet dates on time and what not. Although, I do not really want to set up meeting areas outside of Toronto just yet (ex. not square one, yet.) But sooner or later a lot of people might want it, and then some of us can go to their area. So please, lets just find a first meeting place. I'm thinking; High Park or the park parallel to Dufferin Mall. Please, brainstorm areas IN toronto for now.
EDIT: Pacific Mall, east markham, possibility. I agree with both of you, there are fakes and some real ones. I don't want to guide anyone into fakes, unless you want to make a fake spotting 101 during the meeting I suggest we just see who else wants to go there.
Pacific mall is probably best if there are 20+ people already there. I'd be willing to take a 1 hour bus ride there if it were on a weekend.
Lucky for me, I get lifts from my parents. But then they want to come along. What can you do?
It says its a half-hour drive from my place to pacific mall.
Well if its pacific mall were going to then thats good because i can talk to the owner and see what we can do but ive just looked up Dufferin Mall and i have never been there so it would be pretty cool to blade there so im up for both and it would only take me 30 min to go there so its all good...oH and is the park called Moss park or something?
Dufferin Grove Park.
It is also a great place to go, seeing as they have mfb stock.
Thinking of making this thing SERIOUS.
Well i would love to try because beyblading is a great past time and choosing the Park beside Dufferin Mall is great so its sort like a supply base with a battlefield(park) and if we get alot of people to come possibly we can try every saturday that would be good (keeping it consistent).The whole keeping people coming thing would be even better if its more of like a inside area like Anime North War room and Revival Cup but i doubt that would be possible for now seeing we dont know who would come or not( Haha im thinking to far sorry for that its just that thinking of this reminds me back in my Yu Gi Oh times when i would go every saturday to a store filled with players and basically was a big Yu Gi Oh shop but now thinking it for beyblade would be so awesome)baby steps haha =P
Well, I am trying to start up something of good size. So why not? and yes, Dufferin Grove is a optimum place.
I'll soon make an attendance list after we decide a date.
Alright well count me in