[Toronto, ON, Canada] High park meet up, possible Tournament.

Me and FlameDragon25 are organizing a meet-up that will become a tournament if we have enough people willing to come.

Time: 1:00PM
Venue:High Park where Kei hosted "High Park Throwdown 2"
Date: September the 4th

Tell me if you want to come or you are a possible.

Attendees List:
Pockyx3
FlameDragon25
Daegor42
Pyro
TehBrownSauce

Possible Attendees List:
T.O
Sonic19983
Bskulldragon100
Minion
Pegasis
Gurugulu
Mchlbant
High Park again?

Put me down as coming, but can we try and find a different location?
Well, not much options other than High Park or Dufferin Grove. =/
Toronto's pretty big. I'm sure some resourceful person can find another locale.
.....Christe Pits park anybody? There's a subway station in front of it, however I have never been there before.
I dislike Christie Pits.

Put me on possible because I have no clue as to what I'll be doing then (I could still be sleeping).
(Aug. 10, 2010  4:48 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: .....Christe Pits park anybody? There's a subway station in front of it, however I have never been there before.

I'll check it out soon. Maybe next week. Or whenever I get bored, lol.
(Aug. 10, 2010  4:50 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2010  4:48 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: .....Christe Pits park anybody? There's a subway station in front of it, however I have never been there before.

I'll check it out soon. Maybe next week. Or whenever I get bored, lol.

It's a fairly large park (bigger than Dufferin, but smaller than High Park, obviously) that has a lot of hills. It's the home to the Intercounty Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team.
Hah,of course T.O knows it due to the baseball.
My options so far are: High Park, Christie, or Dufferin.
Hm. If it has lots of hills, we're going to have to find a flat spot. That sounds like a lot of work.
As I said before:

"Well, I guess we're sticking to high park, It may be a not really new venue, but I have a very minimal knowledge of Downtown toronto."
Well I was thinking about Trinity Bellwoods Park, but no one really knows where it is....
(Aug. 10, 2010  4:58 AM)FlameDragon25 Wrote: Well I was thinking about Trinity Bellwoods Park, but no one really knows where it is....

How close is the closest subway station?
(Aug. 10, 2010  5:03 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: How close is the closest subway station?

Ironically, Dufferin station. Speechless
(Aug. 10, 2010  4:55 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Hm. If it has lots of hills, we're going to have to find a flat spot. That sounds like a lot of work.

Oh, it'll be easy to find a flat spot. I'm just saying that the park itself is inclosed within a bunch of hills (like every way into the park is like down a huge hill). Unless the City has done things since the last time I was there.

(Aug. 10, 2010  4:58 AM)FlameDragon25 Wrote: Well I was thinking about Trinity Bellwoods Park, but no one really knows where it is....

I've been there so many times in my life, yet I can't tell you how to get there. I remember it being a pretty big park though.
(Aug. 10, 2010  5:06 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Ironically, Dufferin station. Speechless

=/ So that would make it a further walk than DGP? That's kinda lame.
Seriously though, if this becomes a tournament, I'm going to have so much burn out... 5 in just over a month? Crazy.
Are you talking about the Toronto area or Canada or the whole WBO?
GPS says Trinity Bellwoods is about a half hour walk from my house. Not bad.

But if you guys are really looking for a venue that isn't a park, I'd suggest trying to find an interested hobby store. I'd help with that, but every hobby store I know of doesn't carry our radical spinning tops.

(Aug. 10, 2010  5:15 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Are you talking about the Toronto area or Canada or the whole WBO?

T-Dot I'd imagine. I'm also starting to feel the tournament burn out. It's because we're older, and we lose, a lot.
Errr... "Tournament burn out"?
and not really I think in the Toronto area it's around 3 tournaments, if this does become one because HPT2 was a bit early.
(Aug. 10, 2010  5:22 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Errr... "Tournament burn out"?
and not really I think in the Toronto area it's around 3 tournaments, if this does become one because HPT2 was a bit early.

It refers to one getting tired of tournaments after having so many in a short span. Too much of a good thing can be bad, etc.
HPT2, Fray, BoG, Kei's Fanexpo thing, and this makes 5.
I didn't hear of a Fanexpo =/
Coming!
Cause you know you want me too Smile