[Toronto, Canada 7/17/10] HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 2

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: highparkthrowdown2logo2.png]
High Park (map) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
STANDARD (MFB/BMF) FORMAT

Fresh off the exciting BEYBLADE REVIVAL CUP is HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 2! If weren't able to make it to BRC, or are simply looking for some redemption against a certain opponent, we encourage all Toronto-area Bladers to come down and join us!

Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport if you haven't done so already! Or, simply pay $5 if you plan on only attending HPT2. Aside from competing for Faces, BeyPoints, and Credits, I may donate or purchase a small prize, but don't expect anything like AN haha.

The date/time is still tentative, but for now I tried to make it as close as possible to last years date. 7/17 sounds cool too, so hopefully we don't have to change it!

If you're interested, please let us know here so we can start building an attendance list. Hope to see you there!

For those of you who were there last year; we've decided to use the same location once again to avoid any confusion.
[Image: tornamentgrounds.jpg]
[Image: tornamentgrounds1.jpg]
On the day of the tournament, all of us will be meeting at the Bloor entrance of High Park at 1pm (as shown on the map here) and we'll walk to the location. Anybody who shows up a little late can just use the map and pictures to find their way.

Attendance List:
Kei
Blue
Valentin
WindLeone
SagittarioDude
KyoAkiyama
Beyonomics
To
Train
jamie
MBStormPegasus
Skymadromi
kool-kid9980
BladingBrian
ldragoeatsfood
johnnylime
Pyro
sharksfan19
HYDRANOID3
Kevin7555
StormPegasus12
~Kenji~
Daegor42
stormey
nov1c3
nightleone4227
L-Drago
ali12345456

Possible Attendees:
beybladeheart
bskulldragon100
firekid115
beyandy
LanceV
beyGrade
coolsid006
madden610
AwesomeAnthony
bey_reaper
Pockyx3
RoCk_LeOnE-
ldragopwns
Crabby114
Skymadromi
DomoBoi
Kevin7555
nick1117
FlameDragon25

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I did not expect people to still be signing up for this event on the day it happens hah.
wow i got 8 wins with Dark GasherStupid, awsome
Ahhh that was a blast.

I can't imagine what AN'10 was like Smile also 4th place!, Was my first tournament too.
Kool-kid, you are now my official rival. Wink

Had fun, expect me at bey fray!
man it was SWEET! almost made top 8 with LDrago but 4-1 is preaty SWEET
Rankings:
1) Marco
2) Kei
3) Kool-Kid
4) Pocky
5) To (ugh)

Moral of the story: I need to get myself a metal face, and an earth wheel.
I had SO much fun guys, honestly I can say last time at AN I bladed for the prize this time I did it for fun and it all worked out! Thanks to Kei, Daegor for organizing and everyone else I had a great time!
Hmm, I just checked, and the (miniscule) amount of footage I recorded isn't appearing...
Ugh... this is my disappointed face. I didn't even make it to the second round. Still, it was fun. Congrats Marco.
the mach was fun even tho i lost Tongue_out
Congrats Marco, nice to see someone new once again take HPT.

(Jul. 17, 2010  10:46 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Ugh... this is my disappointed face. I didn't even make it to the second round. Still, it was fun. Congrats Marco.

Sometimes you need to use your Bey-Heart and not your Bey-Mind or your Bey-Wallet. Granted, if you didn't use your Bey-Wallet and picked up a Metal Face my Rock Leone CH120 WB wouldn't have done so well, hahaha. Thanks, and don't forget there's always a next time.
(Jul. 17, 2010  11:13 PM)To Wrote: Sometimes you need to use your Bey-Heart and not your Bey-Mind or your Bey-Wallet. Granted, if you didn't use your Bey-Wallet and picked up a Metal Face my Rock Leone CH120 WB wouldn't have done so well, hahaha. Thanks, and don't forget there's always a next time.

My Bey-Wallet weeps. Must place first at Fray...

EDIT: I just realized I was in the same block as the first and second place winners. =/
Thanks To! Also, my bey wallet was at 0xp points. Kool Kid saved me by trading me a DF145 and a Virgo for a Metal Face. I couldn't have done it without my trusty marketing skills. Grin
I just needed that metal face xP
I'd say its better trading what you dont need for something you do need, then buying it for 10 bucks.
Anywho, i gotta work on getting my other parts off Ebay and deciphering Keis attack combo.

It was a lot of fun, i made a couple of bad choices in the second round robbin, but everythign else couldn't have gone better.
Better then last HPT aswell. Was fighting just to get a tournament.
Congrats to everyone for another successful tournament and to those who placed! It's good to see that everything went well Smile
Good job to everyone!!!! It was my first tourney and im glad i competed!!! although i was the oldest one, i felt not a day older lol. I need more metal faces!!! And kool-kid...we still need to battle ldrago vs pegasus...its a counter thats sure to work if you play it properly lol
My Metal face and Earth wheel, MINE. Joyful_3

I was so happy that I wasn't with Kei, very cheap strategy, is stealing it Tongue_out
And yes Daegor my wallet weeps too. </3
Hi everyone! I just got back in. Thanks to everyone who came, it was a bit difficult getting everything set up, but we got through it. BeyPoints and Faces should be added in the coming days. We also doubled our attendance from last year with 24 Bladers in total! Grin

I honestly didn't have time to shoot footage myself for a BeyChannel video ... but we did record the two final matches. Perhaps I will put a short video together with both of them and post it on BeyChannel, and if not, I will just upload them here for everyone. Once the video is uploaded, I will talk more about what happened haha.

However, I will mention right now; for anybody who doubted it before, MF L Drago 100WF is a beast. I believe I won 4 or 5 matches with it. Just ask Daegor and whoever else faced it. Wink

Biggest disappointment of the tournament: Valentin not making the top 8! I'm ashamed of him. He's with me right now and we're still not speaking.

Okay, I'm just kidding about that, but I was still shocked!
I'm so sad I missed it!!! I can't believe my parents canceled on me at the last second.
glad to hear it went well.

What did marco use to win the tourney?
(Jul. 18, 2010  2:39 AM)Khel Wrote: glad to hear it went well.

Virgo DF145SD, I believe.
(Jul. 18, 2010  1:42 AM)Kei Wrote: However, I will mention right now; for anybody who doubted it before, MF L Drago 100WF is a beast. I believe I won 4 or 5 matches with it. Just ask Daegor and whoever else faced it. Wink

Eee

I only bet that thing with Rock Leone CH120WB because your launch in the deciding match wasn't 100%.
(Jul. 18, 2010  2:39 AM)Khel Wrote: glad to hear it went well.

Also Khel it had an average spin time of about 4 minutes and 20 seconds around there, I tested it after I got back.
(Jul. 18, 2010  6:22 AM)Marco Wrote: Also Khel it had an average spin time of about 4 minutes and 20 seconds around there, I tested it after I got back.

Daaaaamn... good mold.
(Jul. 18, 2010  2:40 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Virgo DF145SD, I believe.

Virgo is now the bane of my existence.

(Jul. 18, 2010  4:11 AM)To Wrote: Eee

I only bet that thing with Rock Leone CH120WB because your launch in the deciding match wasn't 100%.

I don't even know why I did that! Maybe someone was near my arm, I really have no idea lol
Kei, when I saw it, it looked to me as if the cord was twisted prior to launch and it launched all wonky. Also Kei I got beat by a snot green aquario DUncertain *Goes and cries in a corner*