[Toronto, Canada, 05/29/10] BEYBLADE REVIVAL CUP @ ANIME NORTH 2010

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

Events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: brclogofinal2.png]

BEYBLADE REVIVAL CUP
SATURDAY, MAY 29, 2010
Anime North 2010 @ Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel

Golden Delicious Room
STANDARD (MFB/BMF) FORMAT

9 AM - Free Battle and Set Up
10 AM - "Beyblade 101" Workshop
11 AM - Free Battle and Registration for Beyblade Revival Cup
12 PM - Beyblade Revival Cup Tournament

In 2008, we hosted the BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! tournament- which was planned well before we knew that just one short year later MFB would be launching in Japan. However, now the time has come for Bladers all across the nation to celebrate the launch of BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION in Canada! Thus, for the third year in a row we will be hosting our marquee event at ANIME NORTH 2010, hosted by ANGaming, this year under the title; BEYBLADE REVIVAL CUP!

No Beyblade? No problem! We're going to try to obtain Beyblades to bring with us so you'll be able to draft the parts to form a full Beyblade (for approx. $10), then you can play and trade with other Bladers before the tournament to hone your skills!

A Blader Passport is not required for this tournament, as AN does not allow event organizers to charge entry fees for events within the convention, however if you want to support the WBO so we can host even better tournaments, with even better prizes in the future, and also participate in our world ranking system, the BeyPoints System, then you will need one!

We encourage all Bladers, both the brand new and the old to attend! With Beyblade becoming mainstream again, this has the possibility of becoming the largest tournament we have ever hosted, which means that competition will be fiercer than ever! You don't want to miss it! Hope to see you there!

If you think you'll be able to come, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
Khel
Valentin
Daegor42
Minion
jamie
BladingBrian
Blue
Matrix
PhoenixHiwatari
asterisk93
dannyto3
PegasisStorm100
theblademasters
ubertristan
PC Dan
RaitonLDragon
ダン
Aries-Gasher
beybladerulz
Branflakes

Possible Attendees:
SonicDaMan
Crimson
Zone51
Kye
kool-kid9980
jopjoejop
BeyKing
beyblade007
To
hydrus11
hydrus19
DragoonX D2
Romeo
IceRyu
trinidevil
Gadget
raykonsgirl
loyd87
Beyconomics
Tysongranger25
beyguy
XDBeyblade
xXDragon25Xx
Pockyx3
AF025
ripcord
DarkWolf
KittyFields
mizu

Also, in case you are wondering, prizes will be awesome, as they have been in the past. Wink

BEY MEET-UP - FRIDAY MAY 28TH
6pm @ Doubletree Lobby

For those of you who can make it on Friday, we're planning on having a small meet-up. It shouldn't be too hard to find us; stadiums will be strewn about the floor, and I'll try to get a BEYBLADE BATTLE STATION poster up.

If there is enough people, we could potentially have a single elimination tournament as well (don't want to complicate things for something small like that).

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

i guess i could try
I've been practicing like 4 hours a day with Storm Pegasis for this tournament. Excessive?
(May. 24, 2010  2:41 AM)MBStormPegasus Wrote: I've been practicing like 4 hours a day with Storm Pegasis for this tournament. Excessive?

Yes, LOL By the time of the tournament, your RF will be really worn out.
(May. 24, 2010  2:43 AM)Aqua Wrote:
(May. 24, 2010  2:41 AM)MBStormPegasus Wrote: I've been practicing like 4 hours a day with Storm Pegasis for this tournament. Excessive?

Yes, LOL By the time of the tournament, your RF will be really worn out.

Yeah i guess your right. 1 hour a day should be enough. xD
@KeiAhh, I know that you said that you won't allow talk of the tickets but I see no other real way of re-wording this =/ so, sorry but:

Isn't the line like 3 hours long unless your talking about not buying the tickets?

Aqua: I would but I have no idea of what to erase or not,unfortunately. ._.
(May. 23, 2010  1:05 PM)Triggy Wrote: Sorry just to get this out of the way but I HAVE to pay 40 dollars just for saturday right? is there anyone who isnt paying?

I'm not paying, if you wanna meet up pm me.
So they give you parts to build a blade or do you bring your own? Either way I'm coming!
Guys is storm aries good?
(May. 24, 2010  1:34 PM)gurugulu Wrote: So they give you parts to build a blade or do you bring your own? Either way I'm coming!

You should try to bring your own MFB, especially now that it is released in Canada and is fairly easy to get. But if for some reason you can't, you can draft a Beyblade for about $10 at the tournament.

(May. 24, 2010  1:34 PM)gurugulu Wrote: Guys is storm aries good?

It depends on the track and bottom being used of course.

This is not the place to ask this though. Questions regarding Beyblade the toy should be asked in the Ask a question, get an answer thread.
(May. 23, 2010  8:07 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: You're on.
(May. 23, 2010  8:40 PM)Khel Wrote: I might be able to head down for Friday night, but I really can't make any guarantees.
(May. 23, 2010  11:06 PM)HardcoreLilChic Wrote: If I can convince him, by all means, I'll be there.
(May. 23, 2010  11:42 PM)To Wrote: Depending on what time Kei, I could be able to make it.

LOL we could almost have a tournament on Friday night if around eight of you show up.

(May. 24, 2010  3:46 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Isn't the line like 3 hours long unless your talking about not buying the tickets?

On Saturday morning? I've never had to stand in that line, so I'm not sure, sorry! Hopefully someone who has can enlighten us.
On Saturday morning? I've never had to stand in that line, so I'm not sure, sorry! Hopefully someone who has can enlighten us.
[/quote]

Any lineup, especially the one on Saturday is completely obnoxious and long.
Mercifully, I've never had the misfortune of standing in that line for more than 20 minutes. If you're really cute, or if you have a sick-arse costume, you might be able to weasel your way into line with someone. If they ask to take your picture while they wait, use that opportunity to ask if you can stand in line with them. My boyfriend did that one year. Saved him a lot of time, and he still spent a while waiting.

Hope that gives you all an idea. =)
What kind of parts are in the draft? and how does it work will the person whose doing the drafts(ie. Kei) be picking your parts for you or will you be allowed to just make a blade from the parts box and pay the 10$
I really hope everybody who wants to enter the draft is not somebody who did not go to their local stores to see if Beyblades were sold ...
What kind of parts are in the draft? and how does it work will the person whose doing the drafts(ie. Kei) be picking your parts for you or will you be allowed to just make a blade from the parts box and pay the 10$

Quote:LOL we could almost have a tournament on Friday night if around eight of you show up.

Would it count for bey credit?

*clears throat* Kai-V that would be ridiculous.
(May. 24, 2010  4:02 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 23, 2010  8:07 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: You're on.
(May. 23, 2010  8:40 PM)Khel Wrote: I might be able to head down for Friday night, but I really can't make any guarantees.
(May. 23, 2010  11:06 PM)HardcoreLilChic Wrote: If I can convince him, by all means, I'll be there.
(May. 23, 2010  11:42 PM)To Wrote: Depending on what time Kei, I could be able to make it.

LOL we could almost have a tournament on Friday night if around eight of you show up.

(May. 24, 2010  3:46 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Isn't the line like 3 hours long unless your talking about not buying the tickets?

so where is this agian?

and kie how much is the EXACT price for the draft parts?
and if i bring my HMS to friday night can i use it? not for the actual tournement just for friday night...
Bskull read OP?
plus it says 10$ multiple times throughout the thread. =/
(May. 24, 2010  5:03 PM)RaitonLDragon Wrote: What kind of parts are in the draft? and how does it work will the person whose doing the drafts(ie. Kei) be picking your parts for you or will you be allowed to just make a blade from the parts box and pay the 10$

Would it count for bey credit?

People who draft a Beyblade will get a random selection of parts from our pool along with a shooter. The point of this is to encourage Bladers to converse and trade with each other before the tournament.

I was being partially sarcastic, but if we have a small amount of people (as in 8-10; I wouldn't want to try and manage anything more than that in the lobby haha), we could make it an "official" tournament for credits and BeyPoints.
SO just out of curiosity, in order to attend, you have to pay enterance fee for AN?
(May. 25, 2010  5:33 PM)firekid115 Wrote: SO just out of curiosity, in order to attend, you have to pay enterance fee for AN?

dude u might get warned cause it says on the first post, its 40 15 and older 15 and yunger 20
(May. 25, 2010  6:37 PM)bskulldragon100 Wrote:
(May. 25, 2010  5:33 PM)firekid115 Wrote: SO just out of curiosity, in order to attend, you have to pay enterance fee for AN?

dude u might get warned cause it says on the first post, its 40 15 and older 15 and yunger 20

Bskull idk if you should even be the one to tell him that because a couple posts ago you asked the same silly questions that were answered in the first page too...
(May. 25, 2010  6:37 PM)bskulldragon100 Wrote: dude u might get warned cause it says on the first post, its 40 15 and older 15 and yunger 20

WOAH SERIOUS????
I didn't Know that it was 20 Bucks for kids 15 and younger!!!!
That helps me out Sooooo Much!!
It is.... right?
Oh well, 6-13, Half Price. Thanks for the link even though my stupid self couldn't have gone to the OP and get it x.x
I should really start practicing bey soon. Have hardly used Galaxy Peg and Ray unicorno. I'll do it later.
Hey Khel off topic question but do you speak spanish? ur little message thing says beyblade aficionado and i dont know what it means but sounds spanish xD If you do happen to speak spanish i'd love to talk to you at the brc on saturday!