Top Three Villans

post your top three villans. they can be from anime movies or tv showsv or books. plz explain why
1. The Joker from Batman -- I don't really think this needs any explaining. He's easily one of the most iconic, instantly recognizable villains in modern pop-culture. His recent (and absolutely amazing) portrayal by Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight only served to cement him as one of the best villains of all time.

2. Pegasus from Yu-Gi-Oh! -- Simply because he was so creepy and only thinly veiled as being a pedophile. lol

3. Ganondorf from the Zelda series -- Pretty self-explanatory! Everyone knows and hates him! haha
Saint Dane, Pendragon series, by Dj Machale. Saint Dane was the arch nemesis to all travelers, he was once good like everyone else but then he wanted to fix the worlds of Halla in his own way which led to his own corruption and downfall.

Melgor or Morgoth the enemy, LOTR, J.R.R Tolkien, One of the original beings created that was corrupted and led Middle Earth into it's first ages of war. The master of Sauran, who was the master of Sauruman.

Ganandorf, TLoZ, Ganandorf has been the immortal and evil arch nemesis of all links at one point. He is the holder of the triforce of power and has the tendancy to make people uneasy.

Garden Knolls, Everything, many books, Their just creepy stalkers who eat your flowers! < don't include this one
1( Dain from deltora quest because he is a shapeshifter. he is the guy from my avatar.
2(reegie from mfb because he is creepy
3( bowser from mario who dosent like a oversized turtle
(Dec. 24, 2010  5:53 PM)scipio132 Wrote: post your top three villans. they can be from anime movies or tv shows. plz explain why

You should probably contribute to your own thread...

1) The Joker from Batman. Not only is he one of the most iconic villains ever, he is extraordinarily chilling because he's not of supernatural origin. He is simply a man driven mad. In his own words, he is what could happen to anyone if they suffer just "one bad day".

"I've demonstrated there's no difference between me and everyone else! All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day."

This is what makes the Joker such a harrowing character, and thrilling to watch. He is simply the reflection of one of the darkest and most unsettling features of the human condition: insanity.

2) Magneto for the X-Men. Again, this is an iconic character, and while he is supernatural, it is not his (relatively lackluster) powers that make him such an excellent villain. His motivations and backstory are far more effective than his control over magnetism.

Max Eisenhardt, more commonly known later in life as Erik Lehnsherr and then Magneto, was a Jewish child who was raised in Germany during the height of the Holocaust. He was thrown into a concentration camp, and watched as his family was put to death. Magneto learned firsthand exactly what humanity is capable of. When he later manifests his mutant powers and is subject to persecution once again, is it any wonder why he becomes tired of humanity?

All he wants is to live in a world where he isn't persecuted. A world where he and his family and loved ones can live as they are, without the fear of injury or death hanging over them simply for being who they are. It is a cruel twist of fate that Magneto grew up with the terrors of the Holocaust and seeks to stop its terrors from occuring again by demonstrating the same twisted ideals as those who wrought them in the first place.

Magneto is at his core a confused human being who just wants to be himself. It is this aspect of his humanity that makes him relatable, and terrifying at the same time.

3) Dr. Horrible from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you really should. Billy is just your average run of the mill shmuck. He wants a higher position job, has a crush on a girl, has an awesome sense of humour, and is troubled by the condition of the world. He is also a supervillain. Like everyone else mentioned thus far, Dr. Horrible is irrevocably human, and it is that aspect of him that not only makes him relatable, but a powerful character.

Who among us hasn't occasionally reviewed the state of the world and shaken their heads? Dr. Horrible only wants to help the world, to "fix it." He is considered a villain, only because he wants "to destroy the status quo, because the status... is not quo."

EDIT: Wow, three people posted in the time it took me to write this up.
(Dec. 24, 2010  6:31 PM)Jacksonian Wrote: Well you poured your soul into it, lol.

Which is why I usually avoid these types of threads. More often than not, it'll just devolve into people posting lists with no real explanation, which in my opinion is just spam.
(Dec. 24, 2010  6:33 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Dec. 24, 2010  6:31 PM)Jacksonian Wrote: Well you poured your soul into it, lol.

Which is why I usually avoid these types of threads. More often than not, it'll just devolve into people posting lists with no real explanation, which in my opinion is just spam.

Don't worry, it won't be long until that isn't a problem anymore. Wink
1) Joker from Batman's comic series. Mentally insane and pretty much NEVER DIES. He also killed a woman in front of some babies that crawled all over her. Yum. Also, he did gross things in front of young children. Refer to picture.
[Image: 7]
2)Reverse Flash (aka Professor Zoom). Iconic madman from the future in the Flash comics. He went insane after he found out his cherished and most beloved hero, Barry Allen (the 2nd Flash), would kill him.
3) Cyborg Superman. Too much to explain how awesome he is, go to this link:
Cyborg Superman
If you want to know what started his hatred of Superman, read this:
[Image: File:Hank_henshaw_origins.PNG]
the descopticons cool name ftw plus pritty cool anyway
egg man the fat man in red
jermiry kyle hes so evil
Joker: I can't really say anything that hasn't been said.

GlaDOS: I'm not gonna spoil it. Play Portal for yourself.

Tough, Psycho Mantis because: He does all these horrible things to you, and in the end, you just feel sorry for him. Or Victor Zsasz. Or Dolores Umbridge. There is more, but I can't decide.
1. Joker from Bat Man: He is one of the most iconic and most recognized villains in the urban media industry. His evil smile, his witty but creepy personality and his delirious mind is one of the main reasons I think he deserves to be the most iconic villain in the villain community.

2. The guy who shot Bambi's mum: He is the most evil guy on earth, he shot the mother a child who hasn't even adapted to the harshness of the world and forced him to grow up and adapt to the harshness of the world by himself without the help of his father (he show's up a couple of times in the film but he hardly does anything) he has also been marked on wikipedia as one of the top ten villains.

3.Ryuga: He is just so wrong, he destroy's a young bladers father just so he can have a bey, which is just selfish and corrupted.
People say the Joker an awful lot, don't they? Well, I can understand.

1) Duke, from Tales of Vesperia.

I love this guy because he's not actually a bad guy. He lost the trust he once had for the human race, since they keep messing up the Earth (Or Terca Lumireis, in the game) So, once the end of the world comes around in the form of a giant octopus that wants to eat the Earth, he chooses to sacrifice all human life to kill it. It's insanely evil, but he wants to protect the world, too. He just has more radical ways. Furthermore, he's voiced by Jamieson Price, which makes him awesome.

2) Aizen Sosuke, from Bleach.

Those who know me know that I'm a huge Bleach dork, but this guy...He is just about the worst person ever. He lied to everyone in the world, he betrayed those that deeply trusted him, he's a mass murderer, he planned to kill Ichigo's friends just to make him mad. And he did all that for what? So he could become God, pretty much. "From now on, I will be the one to stand at the top." sums up what he thinks nicely.

3) Walter Bernhard, from Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.

I think the poor guy is awfully underrated and under-used. This immortal vampire, which was probably the strongest, at the time of the game, grows incredibly bored after a bunch of years. What does he do, then? He kidnaps women, watches their husbands/fiances/lovers fight their way through his castle and, once the lover reaches him, returns the woman but as a vampire, which usually results in a nice old suicide. That's just sick and twisted. Also, he's once again voiced by Jamieson Price, and that makes him awesome. Again.

Also, while the Joker has cheated death quite often, he also died a bunch of times, too (Pretty much like every single major character in the comic book industry)
these are the ones i know and think are evil:
Cyrus: im a massive Pokemon fan and this guy is ridiculously evil to my standers. he tried to destroy the universe, make a new one, and make him the only one living there. that my biggest villain.
voldermort (aka you know who): he doesn't kill people for revenge, didn't have an aim for killing (unless you count getting rid of every muggle and half blood), he just kills because he can. even if he dies he comes back more powerful then before, and kills more then before. truly evil.
finally megatron: i think i can replace this guy but he has a lust of power that destroys not just hundreds of lives, but planets. then there is his ability to keep coming and coming and coming back, he just doesn't die.
the 3 greatest villans of all time huh...
well my choices can't realy be called the greatest people at all but rather a the real villans who can't be forgoten due to the horror entailed by their sinister lives these people may not even be forgivable of their sins as their hands are forever stained in the blood of innocients.

1. adolf hitler: he whom was a large part of wwII and who tortured many inocent people during the holocaust.

2. osama bin ladin: the man behind the war in Iraq and the fall of the twin towers on 911 who killed many inocent people.

3.the escence that drives people like those above and others to psycologicaly see that it is ok to hurt someone, to tease or murder rape and torture inocent lives. or even the insanity and harshness that causes the weak willed to become the ones who hurt themselves and commit suicide.

I don't want you to ever feel like its hopeless or to hurt yourself or others. but take what I said to heart. oh and by the way all these things and people can be found on tv, in books or those dramatic movies out there, remember just because villans can be fictional does not mean they can't exist in the real world.
i have another one

orochmaru from naruto

he is the creepyist scariest ninja i have ever saw he takes over peoples bodys. and his true form is a giant white snake made from smaller snakes
(Jan. 23, 2011  3:31 PM)tenshinshinobi Wrote: 1. adolf hitler

2. osama bin ladin

3.the escence that drives people like those above and others to psycologicaly see that it is ok to hurt someone, to tease or murder rape and torture inocent lives.

Of course, if we go out of fiction, there are those that commited actual crimes. How about Mussolini or Stalin?

Considering most answers up 'til now are fiction (The Joker, Orochimaru etc.) I think we should stick to fiction.
1 ] The Joker :

Joker is the best villan ever till now the sarcastic talk , his unpredictability is really awesome , although i am not a huge Heth Ledger joker fan so i just erase the memory of Batman :the dark night , but the jokers in the old movies & now the most two favorites i like are from , Batman Beyond : Return Of The Joker & Batman : Under The Red Hood [ I Felt this joker was EPIC ]

2 ] Since they work in a team sometimes i would choose these ,

Shang Tsung , Quan Chi , Scorpion

The most despicable , sinister & conniving trio i ever seen , i never seen so many people backstab each other after they are done dealing with their enemy , how the 1st two killed Lu Kang was really speecless

3 ] Itachi Uchiha , Kakuz

The best Uchiha i ever seen , hah Sasuke is nowhere itachi is , the guy was the best villain in naruto , his skills were awesome , the way he remained cool in the toughest of the situations is really admirable , also being a hero actually in a villains disguise , he acted very well in helping naruto grow in skills & same time protected him a bit , he & kisame could have defeated jiraiya long back & taken naruto but itachi was well aware of that & saved naruto & Kakuzu apart from being a skillful ninja , he actually looks like a ninja with the proper getup & his stiching technique is really handy for many of his allies

4 ] Randy Orton

Since this thread stated you can include a tv-show character & the viper had to go in this list the , from the ddt of the 2nd rope to the injuring knee shot to the head he really is a awesome villain & unlike the usual wwe storyline he kicked carp out of every McMahon even though they were chairmen & owners etc

i just want to say sorry for adding a forth one but it should be at least top 5

anyway i am really not that of a villain guy , i like the heros more
The Joker- erm everybody said why
Venom- easily one of the most iconic villain in marvel,next to the joker,plus he has epic powers and he looks epic Joyful_2
Galaticus - did I spell that right? Anyways the dude is huge and controls what's cosmic energy? How can you not like him?
1 lord voldemort - i mean come one one he acts like amassive villian ; haevv you seen his nose?!
2 the "faceless ones) from skulduggery pleasent these massive god things that destory everything in its path
3 king septiumus from sebastian darke a really good book. he has a deformed king ands really sneaky
Team Rocket! Stupid useless and dumb. everyone tries to shoot them in the sky err sumthin. lol

Magneto. an evil villan who can use magnets to kill people. Whos more evil than that?

My own villan, Electro Dude! puts people in electric chairs for no apparent reason!
According to me:

Itachi Uchiha - from Kakuz
Duke - from Tales of Vesperia
Joker - from Bat Man
(Jan. 24, 2011  6:18 AM)peterb Wrote: According to me:

Itachi Uchiha - from Kakuz
Duke - from Tales of Vesperia
Joker - from Bat Man

the OP states that you should say why like "he really scary " "he acts odd and wierd"
(Jan. 23, 2011  8:54 PM)Gloomy Wrote: The Joker- erm everybody said why
Venom- easily one of the most iconic villain in marvel,next to the joker,plus he has epic powers and he looks epic Joyful_2
Galaticus - did I spell that right? Anyways the dude is huge and controls what's cosmic energy? How can you not like him?

Uhhh... I'm pretty sure is from DC comics, he's not a Marvelite.
Venom is from Marvel.