Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

I fully tabooli-ma-habib want that game!
Does anyone already have it? If so, is it as good as all the video game review thingys say it is?
sorry, we only play rpgs, nintendo and valve here
i heard that the more tony hawk games that come out, the less they are like real skateboarding
Fleetscut Wrote:i heard that the more tony hawk games that come out, the less they are like real skateboarding

Tony Hawk games have never been like real skateboarding.
Fleetscut Wrote:i heard that the more tony hawk games that come out, the less they are like real skateboarding

Well its never actually been real skating ever lol. Most of the stuff u do in the games are unbelievably hard or impossible to do in real life.
It looks alright. I'll try it out once I'ved payed for my new computer.
It's actually quite realistic, this TH game, and this is coming from my point of view with me being a skater. It's nice, fun to play. Lot of things to do that aren't "Overboard stupid". Which means, not that many unreal things in the game that were in the previous.

I want to try out Skate which is by EA, and not Activision nor under Tony Hawk.
Tony Hawk is fun because it isn't like real skateboarding. I mean, Christ Air? Pizza Guy? It's a hell of a lot more interesting.
Mr. Toto Wrote:Tony Hawk is fun because it isn't like real skateboarding. I mean, Christ Air? Pizza Guy? It's a hell of a lot more interesting.

Dude.. Christ Air does exist.
Teikger Wrote:
Mr. Toto Wrote:Tony Hawk is fun because it isn't like real skateboarding. I mean, Christ Air? Pizza Guy? It's a hell of a lot more interesting.

EXTREME
Teikger Wrote:

Yes, but only a steroid case could do it on flat land. But not in Tony Hawk games, coz they're fully sick!
Teikger Wrote:I want to try out Skate which is by EA, and not Activision nor under Tony Hawk.

People have told me that the storyline for that game is carp.
Big surprise. A game about skateboarding has a bad story line.

Anyway, I'm so burnt out on Tony Hawk games. That series needs a refresh and fast.
Game is fine to me, how refresh can you get..?

Turn the game into.. A GTA version..?
Now actually that would be quite good.
This game honestly just seems like more of the same..and that sounds pretty boring to me.
I don't know how they should improve it. But that's what they are payed to do, not me.
Man, EA's Skate rapes Proving Ground, PG is just like Project 8 with a pile of carp placed on it, can't wait for Skate 2 in the future.
NB:
Tony Hawk Proving ground is an ok game. I played on DS and PS2 a few times.
After Downhill Jam they went back to classical tony hawk style.

But personally, i found the NDS version of Downhill Jam to be ne of my favs on NDS. It's an extreme amount of fun, the music is great (a requirement of a good skateboarding game) and the direction they took it with cell shading etc works a charm.
Yea I have to agree, I think Skate rapes TH too. Played it the otherday, liked just crusing the city on my board laidback. tricks are HARD to perform and the perspective focuses on the board which is imo part of what i liked so much