Thunder Cyngus 230 D

Ever since the talk of Legend Wheels still being to outclassed for Limited, I've been trying to find something to disprove it.

Here it is- Thunder Cyngus 230 D.

Parts:

Tests-

Attack kills this thing. 'Nuff said.

Defense:
Stamina

These tests surprised me. If anyone else wants to test, go right ahead. Tongue_out
I've not had any trouble KOing 230 stamina with Scythe GB145RSF, but then my RSF's are rather aggressive. Aside from that, though, those are some impressive results. I would like to see a Thunder Discussion thread, just to get an idea of how it works at different heights and so on, as well as defensively, but yeah, this is interesting and it does have a pretty good weight distribution and decent weight to it. Very surprised it managed to draw Scythe though, would suggest redoing them with Scythe Cancer instead as Kronos isn't that great on Metal Fury Scythe but yeah.
Nice testing! May I ask if you have a F230 for MLD F230CF? I don't remember seeing people saying Legend Wheels weren't good, haha.

I'd be happy if you could test with more HTSC. It's up to you though.
I'll try redoing them soon.

My RSF is mint and not very aggressive, at all.

Thunder would be thrashed around a lot, but wall saves came into play.

(Feb. 03, 2014  5:54 PM)" L Wrote: Nice testing! May I ask if you have a F230 for MLD F230CF? I don't remember seeing people saying Legend Wheels weren't good, haha.

I'd be happy if you could test with more HTSC. It's up to you though.

I'll test that later on.

I've seen a few posts saying that they're too light, etc.
(Feb. 03, 2014  5:35 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Meteo L-Drago CH120 WD

How did a Right-Spin Wheel on 230D manage to out-spin Meteo L-Drago CH120WD 100% of the time?

Was Thunder in Left-Spin or something? I've never heard of something like this lol...
(Feb. 03, 2014  11:13 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:

How did a Right-Spin Wheel on 230D manage to out-spin Meteo L-Drago CH120WD 100% of the time?

Was Thunder in Left-Spin or something? I've never heard of something like this lol...

I'm sorry... Tongue_out

A lot of the matches were really close.
If you want, I can test again or do a video when I have time.
I'd love to follow up on the Meteo testing, but I can't find either of my L-Drago II clear wheels.

Here's some other tests (don't have Cygnus, so I used Cancer):

Thunder Cancer 230D vs. MF-H Scythe Kronos GB145RSF
Thunder: 10 wins (All OS)
Scythe: 10 wins (All KO)
Thunder win rate: 50%

You must launch Scythe aggressively of course.

Thunder Cancer 230D vs. Scythe Cancer 230D
Thunder: 0 wins
Scythe: 10 wins (All OS)
Thunder win rate: 0%

I'm not a big fan of this combo. I'd much rather use Scythe.
(Feb. 04, 2014  12:15 AM)Tri Wrote: I'd love to follow up on the Meteo testing, but I can't find either of my L-Drago II clear wheels.

Here's some other tests (don't have Cygnus, so I used Cancer):

Thunder Cancer 230D vs. MF-H Scythe Kronos GB145RSF
Thunder: 10 wins (All OS)
Scythe: 10 wins (All KO)
Thunder win rate: 50%

You must launch Scythe aggressively of course.

Thunder Cancer 230D vs. Scythe Cancer 230D
Thunder: 0 wins
Scythe: 10 wins (All OS)
Thunder win rate: 0%

I'm not a big fan of this combo. I'd much rather use Scythe.

Thanks for the tests, actually.

Scythe is obviously a better wheel, but this isn't necessarily supposed to be better than a Scythe counterpart of this combination. It's just a different combination.

Just out of curiosity, did you alternate the launches betwee Scythe and Thunder?

My RSF is new and I launched aggressively, so as I mentioned before in other topics, my Scythe was not one of the better molds, so that's probably the issue. Not to mention, during my testing for it, I mentioned how wall saves came into play. I'm not sure if anyone is implying or thinking this, but no, these results I had are not "fudged".

Either way, I appreciate your feedback, even though it's not too positive. Tongue_out
I always launched Scythe first, actually. My Scythe is mold 1, which apparently is the worst, so I doubt that's why, haha.
(Feb. 03, 2014  11:34 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2014  11:13 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:

I'm sorry... Tongue_out

A lot of the matches were really close.
If you want, I can test again or do a video when I have time.
i'd like vids plz, mainly the meteo tests. Also Libra tests.
MLD CH120WD is generally going to lose to most stamina customs, MLD/Gravity etc all need to have better LAD/Precession than their opponents to OS them, and while WD is good, the difference between it and D isn't very large. Also, MF-H Libra TH220CS outspins MLD CH120EWD/B: D reliably, by force smashing it down and then trapping it under TH170's upper part, which continues to force smash it (IIRC 230 is capable of this as well) so that could be part of it too.
Alright, to adress some doubt:

I redid some Meteo battles, they were about 50%-60% for Thunder now, so I'm honestly admitting I don't know what went wrong yesterday. I sincerely apologize for that.

As far as Scythe GB145 RSF goes, I was able to do a quick 11/12ish round video, for the most part, Thunder does well. I'll post it once I'm on my actual computer.

Tongue_out
I hope no one minds if I post this rather than edit a previous one, just so people who wanted to can notice this sooner, rather than later.

If not, a mod can feel free to delete this post, if so, my apologies for bumping. Tongue_out

These are just some informal battles, really. I didn't have time for 20 rounds; so I figured I'd do an "informal" video, just showcasing a few battles.

Again, be in mind, this is a very mint RSF.
How does thunder work on other stamina setups, by the way? Is 230D the only thing for it? Also, I'd really like to see some tests against Libra on otherwise identical setups, haha.

As for that scythe video, Scythe doesn't seem to be making much contact (and also it is a lot less aggressive than how mine acts).
(Feb. 08, 2014  1:43 AM)th!nk Wrote: How does thunder work on other stamina setups, by the way? Is 230D the only thing for it? Also, I'd really like to see some tests against Libra on otherwise identical setups, haha.

As for that scythe video, Scythe doesn't seem to be making much contact (and also it is a lot less aggressive than how mine acts).

I've been working with BGrin, not great results. I'm trying to do something with LTSC, but no such luck yet. Tongue_out

I don't know if it's the (non) wear of the tip, or what, but that was what happened. Tongue_out
B: D isn't great for same-spin stamina anyway. It's basically TH170EWD with no height change + losing to TH170 1v1, at least that's how it played out when I retried it fairly recently. Was thinking just the ol' W145(E)WD or whatever, like a Thunder Discussion thread, just to see how it does on various setups.
(Feb. 08, 2014  3:38 AM)th!nk Wrote: B: D isn't great for same-spin stamina anyway. It's basically TH170EWD with no height change + losing to TH170 1v1, at least that's how it played out when I retried it fairly recently. Was thinking just the ol' W145(E)WD or whatever, like a Thunder Discussion thread, just to see how it does on various setups.

I've tried it on W145 WD for a few rounds, it lost to Earth most if not all of the time.

Once I get more testing (on other types/setups) done, I'd be happy to make a discussion topic. Tongue_out
Interesting. I'll do Libra 230D vs Earth Eagle 145WD tests today to see if that's the same for Libra, though Thunder's underside is based on a mold 1/2 libra, not mold 3 (which is more aggressive/recoil prone), as if that is the case, those 145 results are likely due to force smash or w/e from the underside.

Are you able to do Thunder 230D vs Earth 230D tests (same CWs, I know it doesn't quite fit the combo thread but it's the best approximation of how this would do against Earth without having two Cygnus')? Would be interesting to see IMO, even with those Scythe tests - plus Earth is better for testing against given the noted variations in Scythe's stamina performance.
(Feb. 08, 2014  3:52 AM)th!nk Wrote: Interesting. I'll do Libra 230D vs Earth Eagle 145WD tests today to see if that's the same for Libra, though Thunder's underside is based on a mold 1/2 libra, not mold 3 (which is more aggressive/recoil prone), as if that is the case, those 145 results are likely due to force smash or w/e from the underside.

Are you able to do Thunder 230D vs Earth 230D tests (same CWs, I know it doesn't quite fit the combo thread but it's the best approximation of how this would do against Earth without having two Cygnus')? Would be interesting to see IMO, even with those Scythe tests.

Definitely.

I can do them tomorrow morning, hopefully have them posted soon after.
I just gave it a quick shot, and Earth was winning reliably aside from the rare KO by Libra, and it's all down to Mold 3's underside being too recoil prone. MF-H seems to improve things so I'll do my tests with that, once I've got some caffeine in me.

Awesome, thanks! It may also be worth retrying the Earth 145 tests with something less recoil-prone than Aquila on it, and perhaps a better track. I really like Sagittario II on Earth for dealing with the recoil of its slopes, so if you have it, that would be a good idea. Just because when I played around with MF-H Libra 230CS Aquila was taking some very hard hits and now is a bit beat up, so on the off chance that played a part in your results we should check just to be careful.
thunder cynus 230 d isn't really a great combo no offense, but the reason for that is because thunder is way to light, and when you put thunder on 230, it will tip over easily so this is a great idea, like i said before, no offense
(Feb. 27, 2014  2:07 AM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: thunder cynus 230 d isn't really a great combo no offense, but the reason for that is because thunder is way to light, and when you put thunder on 230, it will tip over easily so this is a great idea, like i said before, no offense

So, it's a great idea, but it's not a great combo?

Did you review the tests and look at the video? It's not as bad as you'd think, honestly. Many Stamina wheels are relatively light, but when put with a tip such as D or SD on 230, it won't tip over as easily as you say.
(Feb. 27, 2014  2:07 AM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: thunder cynus 230 d isn't really a great combo no offense, but the reason for that is because thunder is way to light, and when you put thunder on 230, it will tip over easily so this is a great idea, like i said before, no offense

Clearly you've never tried this yourself to say something like that.

Where did you get the impression that if its light, it'll tip over easily? Thunder is pretty well balanced actually, so it'll start tipping when spin velocity slows down, not because of Thunders light weight.
IIRC Thunder is in the 32g weight range so it's far from light. Even if it was, Burn isn't exactly a heavy wheel and it's won at least one limited tournament on 230.