Three-For-All!

SexyMichael Wrote:Weight is a huge factor in battles with multiple bey because withing the first few seconds one or more of the opponents is usually pushed out and the others are heavily damaged. It's just a hectic mess of beyblades most of the time.

I think the "hectic mess" is what makes it fun. I'm not sure if weight is any more important here than in another Beyblade match.

Elmo Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:I think your friend's attackers losing is probably due to a lack of shooting technique and a stadium that was too large. I'm sure, especially if they knew how to shoot, your survival Beyblade wouldn't be sitting so pretty for long.

SLIDE SHOT!!!???

Slide shots allow for more erratic movement, correct? The blade would bounce off the sides and come across the middle of the stadium to hit the other side or hit another beyblade =)

Sliding shot will have a different effect depending on the tip. You can use it to have the Beyblade sweep through the center of the stadium instead of going in complete circles.
Tamer Brad Wrote:It would do terribly, because once it KOs one Beyblade it's stuck with another.
If two people were working together it would work well! Because they could take out the Beyblade they want to lose. xP

Anyways, I still stand by what I said; the types which have the majority (if there is one), will most likely win. This depends on different things though, like which stadium is being used.
I don't think we can generalize so simply as saying what type would win. We have to be more specific.

For example, think about this:

AR: Eight Spiker
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Left
BB: Full Auto Clutch

This could do some serious damage very early on, but would definitely be able to outlast attackers in the long run.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I don't think we can generalize so simply as saying what type would win. We have to be more specific.

For example, think about this:

AR: Eight Spiker
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Left
BB: Full Auto Clutch

This could do some serious damage very early on, but would definitely be able to outlast attackers in the long run.

I'm not saying that the majority would win for certain each time, but I am saying that most often I think that would be the case. It does depend on a number of factors though, like I said.
But what consitutes an "attack" type?

Look at the Beyblade I just posted, and compare it to this:

AR: Upper Dragoon
WD: 10-Heavy
BB: Grip Base

Of course, they're both "attack" Beyblades, but they have entirely different uses.
I see Smash Attackers dominating this scene. What about compact types?
SexyMichael Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:Seems like a complete misconception to me, simply because the battle seems more violent. I'd say the likelihood of it breaking is barely increased at all.

More collisions+more collisions in rapid succesion=broken parts. I'm sure Elliot could explain this in more complicated terms.

It doesn't make sense though. Beyblades can go through hundreds of battles and never break. I can't see this raising the probability that much. The succession of the collisions wouldn't matter much, I imagine; Beyblade parts don't "heal" over time.

Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I see Smash Attackers dominating this scene. What about compact types?

I mentioned compacts already. I think they'd do quite well against everything but the purest survival types.
OKAY, SO I MADE A COPY OF THE SANE POSTS IN THIS TOPIC AND AM RESTORING IT.

No more arguing about breaking, please.
Tamer Brad Wrote:But what consitutes an "attack" type?

Of course, they're both "attack" Beyblades, but they have entirely different uses.

They both are "attack" types, and even though they may have different uses, the fact remains that they are attack types.

Let's say there was two attack types and some form of an endurance in a battle; which type do you think would win most of the time? I would go with one of the attack types because since attack types tend to move around a lot that would make the probability of at least one of them ending up hitting or knocking out the endurance Beyblade much higher. Another exception to all of this though is compact Beyblades; since they have a balance of different attributes, and I think they would have an advantage in some situations.
Kei Wrote:

They both are "attack" types, and even though they may have different uses, the fact remains that they are attack types.

Let's say there was two attack types and some form of an endurance in a battle; which type do you think would win most of the time? I would go with one of the attack types because since attack types tend to move around a lot that would make the probability of at least one of them ending up hitting or knocking out the endurance Beyblade much higher. Another exception to all of this though is compact Beyblades; since they have a balance of different attributes, and I think they would have an advantage in some situations.

This is a lot harder to measure in a 3-way. I honestly think the survival Beyblade has a great chance here. The attack type may become deflected by the other attack type, or the survival type can manage to stay in by being deflected by the attack type.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Kei Wrote:

This is a lot harder to measure in a 3-way. I honestly think the survival Beyblade has a great chance here. The attack type may become deflected by the other attack type, or the survival type can manage to stay in by being deflected by the attack type.

Hmm, it really is hard to say. Things like this would have to be tested I guess. There's just so many new variables introduced when you bring another Beyblade into a battle.
That's why I wanted to discuss it. Smile
Tamer Brad Wrote:OKAY, SO I MADE A COPY OF THE SANE POSTS IN THIS TOPIC AND AM RESTORING IT.

No more arguing about breaking, please.

This is something that, as far as I can tell, we've NEVER discussed.

When I say three-for-all, I basically mean three Beyblades in a stadium, all against each other. Obviously you could use more, but I think more than three is pushing it (you could try a dozen Phantom Foxs if you're looking for fun/chaos?).

I think it's an interesting format to consider because you have to change your strategy entirely. A zombie wouldn't work in this scenario at all. You can't focus on beating one Beyblade, there's two you have to deal with, and they might be complete opposites.

I think high-speed attack types would work best. They wouldn't stand stationary long enough to get ganged up on, and they could ricochet the opponents into each other.

Kinda off subject, but I did the Phantom Fox thing.....It wasn't 12 thoughUnhappy. It was only 6 of them lol.
It's still awesome!
Tamer Brad Wrote:It's still awesome!

It was so coolTongue_out.

After that we put DEMS in there with them.....that was great to watch all those PFMS go flying into the air.
that woulda been crazy. you should tape it next time
PHANTOM FOX BATTLE AT BND

YES?
YES! i have one so im defiantly in!! but we should see about getting an extra large stadium
These things get pretty ridiculous in Hasbro stadiums, especially with all attackers. Of course, these are pretty much the most fun battles to play in. Back in the day, when my brothers and I all only had plastic Beyblades and Hasbro stadiums, we pretty much played in three-way battles all the time. Sometimes, four-ways, although one would generally be knocked out of the stadium or pocketed instantly.
I certainly wouldn't want to do this (or any battling, really) in a Hasbro stadium. Lack of Tornado Ridge kills me.
high speed attack types are however hard to control in single battles, adding more beyblades to the mix would in turn end in a likely self out, or accidental KO from one of the other two blades. How would compact combos fare in a three way battle?
dieddead46 Wrote:high speed attack types are however hard to control in single battles, adding more beyblades to the mix would in turn end in a likely self out, or accidental KO from one of the other two blades. How would compact combos fare in a three way battle?

I don't understand what you mean "accidental KO". It is a free-for-all, not team battle.

Also, the question about compacts was asked already ... I think they would do fairly well due to their balanced attributes, as long as any survival Beyblades involved took damage early.
If my brother would let me I would, but he won't let me use his camera....that carp.
What about spin stealers? If you launched it well, and it stayed in the center of the arena it could deflect most hits from attack types, and could at least survive for a little while against a defence type, which would also be getting knocked around by an attack (if we assume it's against one of each).
Well at least I think it may work, but I'm kinda a noob haha
TraceKaiser Wrote:What about spin stealers? If you launched it well, and it stayed in the center of the arena it could deflect most hits from attack types, and could at least survive for a little while against a defence type, which would also be getting knocked around by an attack (if we assume it's against one of each).
Well at least I think it may work, but I'm kinda a noob haha

I don't think spin stealers would work well because spin stealers have to be in an opposite spin direction of your opponent. Since you are facing two opponents they can both have different spin directions. Plus, spin stealers usually stop spinning at the same time as their opponent.