This board is full of ingrates.

I'm really just at my wit's end with this.

I'm sure most of us here remember getting the news back in 2004. Beyblade will be going on an indefinite hiatus. The final releases, Shining God MS and Bloody Devil MS, were the very definition of underwhelming. And then, silence. Beyblades continued to circulate in North America for about a year after, but there was little reason to continue. The anime had ended, there were no tournaments, and most importers already had the tops that were being released. In the end, Hasbro neglected to release many major Beyblades, and it died off.

I'd disappeared from the internet around that time due to personal circumstances. In the interim, there were some half-hearted attempts to keep the community together, but until Beywiki/WBO they weren't very successful.

Then we continued to chat about Beyblade, but there was little we hadn't discussed. And then ...

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-t...orthcoming

We heard. We heard that a new Beyblade series was coming. Most of us never expected to see it happen, let alone after a mere four years. It was the best news the Beyblade community could've ever hoped for. And where are we now?

This board is full of whiners who can only compare MFB to the new series. I'm sick of it, like really sick of it. "ohhh i like plastics more, oh this new series is lame, why aren't they using the old characters, blahblahblah" Shut up. Seriously, just shut up. It's a miracle that Beyblade came back at all, and if all you can still talk about are Beyblades from over a decade ago I have to question how much you like Beyblade in the first place.

So, I'm asking all of the MFB-hating, drowning-in-nostalgia ingrates to just keep their mouths shut about it because nobody is interested in hearing how much you dislike the new series and how much better the (rather poorly designed) plastic series is. Let us enjoy the revival of our favourite game of all time in peace.
I agree with Brad. MFB may not be developed yet, but hell... We've got our Beyblades back. Where is your spirit? Don't you see?..
(Mar. 14, 2009  1:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm really just at my wit's end with this.

I'm sure most of us here remember getting the news back in 2004. Beyblade will be going on an indefinite hiatus. The final releases, Shining God MS and Bloody Devil MS, were the very definition of underwhelming. And then, silence. Beyblades continued to circulate in North America for about a year after, but there was little reason to continue. The anime had ended, there were no tournaments, and most importers already had the tops that were being released. In the end, Hasbro neglected to release many major Beyblades, and it died off.

I'd disappeared from the internet around that time due to personal circumstances. In the interim, there were some half-hearted attempts to keep the community together, but until Beywiki/WBO they weren't very successful.

Then we continued to chat about Beyblade, but there was little we hadn't discussed. And then ...

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-t...orthcoming

We heard. We heard that a new Beyblade series was coming. Most of us never expected to see it happen, let alone after a mere four years. It was the best news the Beyblade community could've ever hoped for. And where are we now?

This board is full of whiners who can only compare MFB to the new series. I'm sick of it, like really sick of it. "ohhh i like plastics more, oh this new series is lame, why aren't they using the old characters, blahblahblah" Shut up. Seriously, just shut up. It's a miracle that Beyblade came back at all, and if all you can still talk about are Beyblades from over a decade ago I have to question how much you like Beyblade in the first place.

So, I'm asking all of the MFB-hating, drowning-in-nostalgia ingrates to just keep their mouths shut about it because nobody is interested in hearing how much you dislike the new series and how much better the (rather poorly designed) plastic series is. Let us enjoy the revival of our favourite game of all time in peace.

I am looking forward to the new series and am looking forward to the different tops that will be produced. However I dont think its wrong for people to enjoy the older tops or the older character more then they would the new one. I have not seen the new series of course but I am not saying its bad or it will be bad, I did however admit that I like the plastic beyblades more. Just becouse its old does not mean its not just as good or better. Thats like saying "dont buy an old car becouse its old, or dont play retro video games becouse its old", old things can still be good. I as of right now prefer the older tops becouse thats what I grew up with, thats what I played with and talked about. I like the way the tops were designed better and I liked the battles better. Its all preference. I dont think you should get mad becouse people like the older series and the older tops more then the new stuff. Your right we are all happy beyblade is back, some of us just wish they had gone back to plastic blades. No they dont spin as fast, no they are not metal, no they are not new, but why change something that has already proven to be good? (ps. dont flame me for this) Joyful_3
I also agree, we should all be grateful that beyblade even came back instead of complaining and wining about the new series. I remember when it ended and people were all like "Nooo. I can't believe beyblade ended, I want it back.", and now we have it back so be thankful. MFB just started and I'm sure it's going to keep better as time goes on.
Believe me I am gratefull! I cant even believe it! I am buying as much as i can just to make sure I put my 2 cents into keeping it alive. :p I cant wait for the anime!!!
I can't say I'm surprised this topic showed up, I was expecting it.

I'm somewhat baffled to see how much Plastic blade talk is going on, I would think there would be more MFB talk (or at the very least, HMS talk). But it seems everyone has focused on plastics.

I think everyone needs to talk a step back, calm down, and enjoy this hobby. Instead of arguing over how good the old days were.
(Mar. 14, 2009  1:18 AM)Crimson Wrote: I can't say I'm surprised this topic showed up, I was expecting it.

I'm somewhat baffled to see how much Plastic blade talk is going on, I would think there would be more MFB talk (or at the very least, HMS talk). But it seems everyone has focused on plastics.

I think everyone needs to talk a step back, calm down, and enjoy this hobby. Instead of arguing over how good the old days were.

I agree partially. I dont think people should get so worked up (including myself) however I think its perfectly fine to talk about "the good old times".
Yeah guys everyone should be grateful that Beyblade is coming back, not too many games make comebacks like this. What would be the point of them releasing new blade that are exactly similar to the old ones? People should be happy that theyre making new designs for beyblades
Yes, but can you stop comparing them to MFB? There's no need for it.
I agree wholeheartedly with this topic. I'm not even that into the hobby, and I'm fed up with it. Especially since so many of the people talking about how much better the previous generation was have either never handled or played with an MFB, or really understand very little of the strategy relating to the previous generations. It's astonishing how few members are using the incredible resource that Brad and his team have put together in the form of the BeyWiki.
Completely agree. We should fully support this new series everyway we can and be grateful it has actually come back. It's a fricken dream come true.
I feel like making a video of libra vs plastic and shoving it in anyone's face who makes another comparison stating plastic is better. I like my Driger S as much as the next guy, but seriously there is a limit on nostalgia. Thank you Brad for saying what was needed.

If you have not had the chance to play with MFB yet, fair enough. The exchange rate does not make it easy to purchase for everyone. You just don't have a valid opinion to make comparisons. This is a chance to bring the game back, support it. I too am guilty of buying old plastics for collection; but I am allocating all of my funds for MFB now since there is no practical reason to spend absurd amounts of money on stuff that can be beaten easily by equipment at much lower price levels.

I really needed to get that off my chest

PS. Even if I did make the video the people would still rant, and I might be out of a plastic. So that would not be so great a deal for me.
i haven't even played with MFB yet and i'm sick of it sooo
I would make a pegasis against plastics. I don't really care if I lose some plastic parts (or don't think I will). Problem is, I don't have alot of the strongest parts (such as HMC, Wide Defense/Survivor, etc.). I would be willingto do it, though. =)
(Mar. 14, 2009  1:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i haven't even played with MFB yet and i'm sick of it sooo

It's all good, you have seen the light and have realized that MFB is the way of the future. XD
(Mar. 14, 2009  1:34 AM)Arjun Wrote: I feel like making a video of libra vs plastic and shoving it in anyone's face who makes another comparison stating plastic is better. I like my Driger S as much as the next guy, but seriously there is a limit on nostalgia. Thank you Brad for saying what was needed.

If you have not had the chance to play with MFB yet, fair enough. The exchange rate does not make it easy to purchase for everyone. You just don't have a valid opinion to make comparisons. This is a chance to bring the game back, support it. I too am guilty of buying old plastics for collection; but I am allocating all of my funds for MFB now since there is no practical reason to spend absurd amounts of money on stuff that can be beaten easily by equipment at much lower price levels.

I really needed to get that off my chest

PS. Even if I did make the video the people would still rant, and I might be out of a plastic. So that would not be so great a deal for me.

Who ever said plastic was better in battle? Im saying I like plastics better and i like the battles better, no one that I know of has said plastic was better performance wise.
There have been people.
I just thought I would add some more of my experience to this matter. I have spent close to $250CAD in the past month buying blades. Over $150 for MFB and the rest were plastic and HMS. Having received my MFB already I can safely say that if I could go back in time and make those purchases again, I would omit most of those plastics and HMS (save Driger V2, Dranzer V2, DEMS, and Dragoon G). In hindsight I honestly think the rest of those purchases were poor decisions, and could have been better allocated to MFB like Storm Pegasis. I like the new series that much. Don't make the same foolish mistake I did and let pure nostalgia blind you. You WILL regret it.
yeah i spent a lot of money on some HMS just before the launch of MFB and i really regret it and will probably try to sell it off or give it away
(Mar. 14, 2009  1:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: yeah i spent a lot of money on some HMS just before the launch of MFB and i really regret it and will probably try to sell it off or give it away

Sell them, be a hypocrite lol
(Mar. 14, 2009  2:00 AM)Arjun Wrote: Sell them, be a hypocrite lol

hahaha in the end, if there's still a demand for it i will sell them

though i may keep some for an event that i won't be able to afford MFB for
Great topic Brad, stop living in the past guys....Tongue_out_wink
I personally love the new MFB, I have yet to see them in person, but I love the new designs, stadiums, and preforms that the tops offer to the hobby.

I have the money ready to slap down on Japan-Toy's PayPal account as soon as Storm Pegasus is released and the Attack Stadium is back in stock...

But for the people who are comparing the different series, that's the point they are different series. They were not meant to be compared, and yes I know the plastic tops are what I grew up with as well, but we should be happy that Takara-Tomy decided to give our game another chance on the market, especially in the economy we are in.
The MFB were my dream for a long time, and now it's come to fruition people are comparing it to the inferior plastic and HMS? I don't understand that. So I'me with Brad on this. Stop the hating. I find it amazing that new players pick up Plastics and HMS when MFB are much more affordable. It makes no sense. Anyway
/rant
Yea, some of you need to move on, I don't see why some people complain about there being no Kai, Rei or Takao...I mean atleast the game is back out.