Think Like a Camera. photo topic

Composer of Requiems Wrote:[Image: 4730e665.jpg]

I especially like the checker board, nice composition.
Here are a few photos i took from Marwell Zoo and Twycross Zoo. I'm not too good at Photography, even though i do enjoy it and i love taking photos of animals.

[Image: leopardcubzz3.jpg]

[Image: leopardri1.jpg]

[Image: snowleopardii6.jpg]

[Image: penguintj4.jpg]

[Image: yellowmongoosegp3.jpg]

[Image: dwardmongoosevt0.jpg]
Alice Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:An Olympus E510 that my dad bought on impulse and ended up not bothering to use at all =D

Did you shoot that swan? It's awesome, especially the ripples! How did you get it to stay there and not run away?

Haha, cool. Grin

It was at a Widfowls & Wetlands Trust that I went to at the weekend - you can get really close to most of the birds there and they'll eat out of your hand if they're gutsy enough - but this particular Swan was in an enclosure. I just threw some food into the shallow water and managed to get a good shot.

[Image: mandarinduckcolouroi7.th.jpg]

This is a Mandarin Duck. They're originally from Asia and so ornate and pretty!

=O was the water colour natural?
Composer of Requiems Wrote:=O was the water colour natural?

Rainbow water would have been ace, but alas, I added that in. =) Here, have a Mallard:

[Image: duckwn7.th.jpg]
Alice Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:=O was the water colour natural?

Rainbow water would have been ace, but alas, I added that in. =) Here, have a Mallard:

[Image: duckwn7.th.jpg]

Nice use of colour and contrast! You might want to enhance the shadows though...
[Image: dsc4122xa9.jpg]

Taken with Nikon D70.

Testing it out, as I haven't used this as much as I have (previously used a handicam Kodak.. This Nikon is obviously much better, but it is much more complicated to use rather than "point-click-shoot")
and how is the car in this this topic? but i know what the some pics mean but Serious why is there a car? Eee bird
Roxas Wrote:and how is the car in this this topic? but i know what the some pics mean but Serious why is there a car? Eee bird

It's a photo of a car, right.
bugturtles Wrote:[Image: dsc4122xa9.jpg]

Taken with Nikon D70.

Testing it out, as I haven't used this as much as I have (previously used a handicam Kodak.. This Nikon is obviously much better, but it is much more complicated to use rather than "point-click-shoot")

How'd ya get revolver hades? zero 2 b-daman ain't sold in the US
devitoman Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:[Image: dsc4122xa9.jpg]

Taken with Nikon D70.

How'd ya get revolver hades? zero 2 b-daman ain't sold in the US

*Gatling Hades

Hades line is Japan only.
nvm because it just his car or something like that.
LOL i took that pic
BCUZ its a model car. I hope it fooled you. I was trying to get it to look real
it was a macro and i always expirement.
I don't really have a porsche ;(
Blue Wrote:LOL i took that pic
BCUZ its a model car. I hope it fooled you. I was trying to get it to look real
it was a macro and i always expirement.
I don't really have a porsche ;(

Damn, I didn't notice.

Anyway, since I'm in this thread...

(click them to view the larger version on deviantart)

[Image: Crimson_shells_by_ComposerOfRequiems.png]

[Image: A_dying_bottle_by_ComposerOfRequiems.png]

[Image: Ragged_remains_by_ComposerOfRequiems.png]

If you're wondering what they are... I'll be posting the end result sooner or later.
(Jul. 17, 2008  9:27 AM)Nic Wrote: If you're wondering what they are... I'll be posting the end result sooner or later.

DRUMS! dew i get a coooookie
(Aug. 25, 2008  10:42 PM)Elmo Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2008  9:27 AM)Nic Wrote: If you're wondering what they are... I'll be posting the end result sooner or later.

DRUMS! dew i get a coooookie

I already posted pictures of the final product. So, no, you do not.

(Aug. 25, 2008  10:27 PM)Kei Wrote: Thread revive time. Here are some of the scenic pictures I took while in Vancouver. I think I took around 200 photographs over the entire week.

I took about 600+ photos while I was in Melbourne for a holiday. Compared to one of my teachers, though... every time there's any event in school she goes crazy and shoots off over a thousand until the memory card packs up. We usually hide somewhere if we ever see her holding a camera.

Anyway, was it really dark there?
I took the following pic when I was at my sister's friends university. We were right next to the river, and it was a nice sunset so I snapped it Joyful_3
[Image: sunset.jpg]
(Aug. 26, 2008  10:20 AM)Nic Wrote: I took about 600+ photos while I was in Melbourne for a holiday. Compared to one of my teachers, though... every time there's any event in school she goes crazy and shoots off over a thousand until the memory card packs up. We usually hide somewhere if we ever see her holding a camera.

Anyway, was it really dark there?

Yeah, I remember you said that on dA or something. Haha, I try not to go crazy with my camera.

Sadly, yes. It wasn't the best week we could have chosen, it was a somewhat gloomy week weather wise except on the first and last days.
Here is a couple pictures of My cat. It took a while to get it so the flash wouldn't reflect. His name is Boomer. He snores. And he's very fuzzy. =3

[Image: DSCF0653.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0688.jpg]
Is that the cat that thinks your beystadium is a bed? XD
Picture of sunset from my porch. I love where I live; there's so much open field, great for sunsets. Smile

[Image: picture002jh8.th.jpg]
[Image: A_Safflower_Stands_Out____by_DomoVe.jpg]
One of my personal faves that I shot sometim early this year. Makes me uber proud of my camera being only a Samsung NV-10

the flowers are wooden btw XD not real.
Caro Wrote:Here are a few photos i took from Marwell Zoo and Twycross Zoo. I'm not too good at Photography, even though i do enjoy it and i love taking photos of animals.

I'm going to Twycross tomorrow! Taking aload of shots will be priority.