Things you should know about spin stealing beyblades

This is a guide to using a spin stealing beyblade from MFB to Burst generations.

1. Weight.
Spin-stealers like to be moderately heavy so they don't get bullied around the stadium by attack types (example: Fang Pegasus W105R2f in counter mode vs Meteo L-Drago 105HF. The result of that battle was with pegasus winning 4 battle thanks to brute force and smash attack which made the rubber on Meteo bounce back and generate recoil on L-Drago giving Pegasus 4/10 wins, implying that when using a left spin stealer, always make it heavy enough to hold it's ground.

2. Height (This applies to MFB beyblades and certain burst beys only!).
Giving a Spin Stealer the right height to do it's job is very important because if it is too low to the opposing bey, then it's rubber will prove to be useless in a battle. Too high, and the Rubber will still be rendered useless as there isn't anything for it to make contact with. Furthermore, The opponent's beyblade spin track or performance tip is random depending on the blader, meaning you cannot anticipate the size of the other beyblade. but the good news is there are spin tracks and tips that can work either way, one of them being TH170. Thanks to it's Three mode changes, it can adjust to any beyblade's height, giving the spin stealer an advantage in three sizes. for burst the height isn't always an issue, meaning Spin Stealing is Possible depending on the opposing beyblade's layer, not the height.

3. Rubber placement.
Beyblades like Meteo L-Drago or L-Drago Destroy are good at spin stealing, but that all depends on where their rubber is placed. Too Little rubber (like in attack mode.)
and the beyblade will have little to no effect. Too much rubber and the friction will overcome the spin stealer itself if it scrapes the stadium floor. Burst beys like Drain Fafnir or Spriggan Requiem have a good stealing effect on other beyblades but both Spriggan and Fafnir have a small amount of rubber which is partly exposed, making it hard to steal from beys like Maximum Garuda or Blaze Ragnaruk or even Nepstrius in a Stamina Combo if launched hard enough (yes, Nepstrius actually did Beat Drain Fafnir by spin finish). Always remember to use A Spin Stealer with an acceptable amount of rubber.

4. Combos.
Any combo for a Spin stealer can be made, but for the Gimmick to truly do it's job well, you need to know what Combos are recommended for the beyblades.
For beys with this type of ability, a Defense, stamina or maybe a balance type Combo is in order to maintain spin long enough. Attack type Combos Are Not the best choice due to short-lived contact and lack of Stamina for the gimmick to work properly. Spin stealers like to stay where they can spin the longest. One good combo for MFB is Meteo L-Drago or L-Drago BD145WD. For best results in Burst, Drain Fafnir/Spriggan Requiem/Polish/Spread/Yell/0/2/4/5/7/Cross/Glaive/Orbit/Atomic/Bearing/Destroy should do the trick.

Extra things. 
Nightmare Longinus can catch into the spikes and protrusions of other beys, giving it spin steal potential.
Giving a Stamina or Defense spin stealer some parts with LAD factors make them a good strategy in competitive play.
Spin Stealing is a technique best used on Beyblades that stay in the middle.
Attack can be a good spinstealing combo as long as you don’t have a beyblade that can be bounced around. Example: if you were to hand spin a defense or stamina type against a beyblade that likes to hang around edges of the stadium then the defense or stamina type would run out of stamina and lose. With an attack spin stealer that minimizes a loss for the spin stealing beyblade. With defense and stamina type beyblade your most likely gonna rely on a spin out finish. But with an attack spinstealer you can rely on spin outs and stadium out finishes and a bigger chance at a burst! (Not saying that can’t happen with a defense or stamina spinstealer). My recommended attack spinstealer combo is: Drain fafnir 7 bump Ultimate reboot. (It can be any attack disk but my favorite is 7 from duo eclipse).
(Apr. 27, 2018  1:29 AM)Jetty Wrote: Attack can be a good spinstealing combo as long as you don’t have a beyblade that can be bounced around. Example: if you were to hand spin a defense or stamina type against a beyblade that likes to hang around edges of the stadium then the defense or stamina type would run out of stamina and lose. With an attack spin stealer that minimizes a loss for the spin stealing beyblade. With defense and stamina type beyblade your most likely gonna rely on a spin out finish. But with an attack spinstealer you can rely on spin outs and stadium out finishes and a bigger chance at a burst! (Not saying that can’t happen with a defense or stamina spinstealer). My recommended attack spinstealer combo is: Drain fafnir 7 bump Ultimate reboot. (It can be any attack disk but my favorite is 7 from duo eclipse).

I didn't know that. i was just using info from the Philadelphia tourney i went to. thanks for the tip though
(Apr. 27, 2018  1:35 AM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2018  1:29 AM)Jetty Wrote: Attack can be a good spinstealing combo as long as you don’t have a beyblade that can be bounced around. Example: if you were to hand spin a defense or stamina type against a beyblade that likes to hang around edges of the stadium then the defense or stamina type would run out of stamina and lose. With an attack spin stealer that minimizes a loss for the spin stealing beyblade. With defense and stamina type beyblade your most likely gonna rely on a spin out finish. But with an attack spinstealer you can rely on spin outs and stadium out finishes and a bigger chance at a burst! (Not saying that can’t happen with a defense or stamina spinstealer). My recommended attack spinstealer combo is: Drain fafnir 7 bump Ultimate reboot. (It can be any attack disk but my favorite is 7 from duo eclipse).

I didn't know that. i was just using info from the Philadelphia tourney i went to. thanks for the tip though

Just adding on to your information is all
Also, any bey can steal spin, as long as it is going up against an opposite spinning bey. Just, without rubber, it is an miniscule amount of spin being stole.
I guess i don't know as much about spin stealers as i thought. :/ I need to do more tests
(Apr. 27, 2018  1:29 AM)Jetty Wrote: My recommended attack spinstealer combo is: Drain fafnir ...

dF is not attack type.
(Apr. 27, 2018  10:50 AM)iiggoor Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2018  1:29 AM)Jetty Wrote: My recommended attack spinstealer combo is: Drain fafnir ...

dF is not attack type.
Just saying, not every part of an Attack type has to be an Attack type part. On Ultimate Reboot, especially when it switches to the rubber mode, would be an offensive zombie and thus at least partially Attack type by nature.

The entire combination matters more than individual pieces.
The reason i said attack type weren't recommended for spin stealing is because i made an attack drain fafnir with 7 vortex and all of my attack tips and zephyr. it lost to even god valkyrie by burst finish.
(Apr. 27, 2018  11:49 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Just saying, not every part of an Attack type has to be an Attack type part. On Ultimate Reboot, especially when it switches to the rubber mode, would be an offensive zombie and thus at least partially Attack type by nature.

The entire combination matters more than individual pieces.

That's true. I did not say anything about Ultimate Reboot. That definitely turns every layer to attack mode ;)
I think "Spin-Stealer" isn't the appropriate term in current use. Spin-Stealers were coin'd by a bunch of folks for left-spin combos in MFB that can survive and outlast their opponents. Zombie also, for example, was a term used in plastics to denote combos that could topple over and still remain spinning. While these terms are technically correct for their era, it doesn't represent all of the possible combos that exhibit the same traits.

It is more accurate to classify them with the term: Spin Equalizer, since these Beyblades don't technically steal spin, they equalize spin.

Spin Equalizers are Beyblades that are specifically designed and/or has traits that enable it to beat opposing spin opponents by equalizing spin (resisting KO while slowing-down/speeding-up-to the opponent to match or equal it's speed) and then winning by using a combination of Precession (the Beyblade's ability to pick itself up and prevent itself from falling on low RPM) and LAD (Life After Death - The ability to keep revolving after topping/falling over). This term is more accurate because it properly represents both left (counter-clockwise) and right (clockwise) Beyblades battling opposing spin opponents.

It is not designated to a specific Beyblade type (meaning you can have a Spin Equalizing Attack type or a Spin Equalizing Defense Type for example). While you mentioned things like Weight/Height/Rubber Placement, Spin Equalization is more based more on: Tip Shape, weight distribution, shape, and low recoil.

@[FIREFIRE CPB] has a really neat write-up here if you're interested in another explanation (though there are things I would rewrite in this since I don't fully agree on certain points).

Spin Equalizers are some of the most restrictive and specific Beyblade combos in the game and require a lot of tinkering, but once you get a solid combo it's tough to beat and opens up the game to it's fullest competitive potential!
Man I didn't see the "spin" in the title and was like" the heck". Thought it said "Things you should know about stealing beyblades" lol.
(Apr. 27, 2018  12:50 AM)ultra destinus Wrote: This is a guide to using a spin stealing beyblade from MFB to Burst generations.

1. Weight.
Spin-stealers like to be moderately heavy so they don't get bullied around the stadium by attack types (example: Fang Pegasus W105R2f in counter mode vs Meteo L-Drago 105HF. The result of that battle was with pegasus winning 4 battle thanks to brute force and smash attack which made the rubber on Meteo bounce back and generate recoil on L-Drago giving Pegasus 4/10 wins, implying that when using a left spin stealer, always make it heavy enough to hold it's ground.

2. Height (This applies to MFB beyblades and certain burst beys only!).
Giving a Spin Stealer the right height to do it's job is very important because if it is too low to the opposing bey, then it's rubber will prove to be useless in a battle. Too high, and the Rubber will still be rendered useless as there isn't anything for it to make contact with. Furthermore, The opponent's beyblade spin track or performance tip is random depending on the blader, meaning you cannot anticipate the size of the other beyblade. but the good news is there are spin tracks and tips that can work either way, one of them being TH170. Thanks to it's Three mode changes, it can adjust to any beyblade's height, giving the spin stealer an advantage in three sizes. for burst the height isn't always an issue, meaning Spin Stealing is Possible depending on the opposing beyblade's layer, not the height.

1. While enough weight to avoid regular KO's is a must, weight is actually detrimental to spin stealing because a lot less kinetic energy/momentum has to be transferred to keep a light beyblade going than a heavy one. This can most easily be seen when pitting a keychain beyblade against the large, electronic version of Lightning L-Drago. The battle will end in either a KO of a draw every time and, even if it looks like the mini bey is slowing down, it'll pick right back up with the next collision.

2. In MFB, there are small nubs around the performance tip of every bey to provide grip for its unlocking tool. These provide extremely low impact contact points that are perfect for prolonged grinding against. Provided that you can get to them, they're great for spin stealing and will be at the exact same height, regardless of the opponent's spin track.
To this end, I developed the combo L-Drago Destroy 90 EWD, using the lightest possible combination of the Hasbro and TT L-Drago Destroy moulds. It has not been competitively recognised but has done well in tests against 4D and earlier, using its tendency to scrape to prevent KOs against heavier attack types and its CS-like reactive motion to force the second collision needed to balance it. Its spin equalising ability negates most of the effect of that scraping and its round profile makes for decent LAD, despite the rubber.
Against tornado stalkers, it can be launched aggressively in an attempt to KO them but it can struggle if it fails to get an early KO or make regular collisions.