The old days

(Oct. 31, 2008  7:50 AM)Blue Wrote: The complication however imo, does not arise from the parts or the progress but they way we these forums (BD OTC BW BBF) try to analyze and dissect the best combos and launching etc., we get/got fantical. that gets exahusting and can take the fun out of it.

I'll take those days battling in the summer again, in back yards with fake parts. You know why? Because it was fun. We didn't know better but its not really required. Beyblade is a game, and a hobby for many here, but i would think the purpose is to have fun.

There's nothing stopping people from playing outside of those ideals, though. It's one of the reasons there is ongoing work on developing a Restricted format (although it has been a little stagnant lately). I don't see how playing in a backyard in the summer with real parts would be any less fun?

I think it's more of the fact that we're adults now, and can't really get together to battle tops in a backyard Tongue_out
Quote:I don't see how playing in a backyard in the summer with real parts would be any less fun?
I don't doubt that either, I mean then we didn't have access to real parts but it still was beyblade spirit.
lol the phrase "run what ya brung" come to mind.

Anyway, I just had a thought. Theres no better way to convince people with fake beys to buy authentic parts than to battle and show how supirior they are..Smile

The last statement is entirely true too Grin
haha i used to have loads of fake parts, you're preaching to the choir here

unfortunately lots of fake parts CAN beat real parts Chief - Sigh ... so it's not all about that
yeah well me too.

well i do keep one nice fat WD lol. but yeah sunfires... I'd still try
zombie could probably take it out
I just miss having a lot more free time back then and nagging my dad to bring me to Target to get Beyblades.
(Oct. 31, 2008  9:12 PM)G Wrote: I just miss having a lot more free time back then and nagging my dad to bring me to Target to get Beyblades.

Yeah, totally, except for me, it was Walmart. I miss going to the store with my mom and brother and assembling a Beyblade on the car ride home. ;_;

I also miss when I'd battle my friends down the street from me, from day to dusk. I always used to do that. We'd trade parts, and try out new combinations. I remember I tried settling a dispute between my brother and my friends with a beybattle.

I lost

Solving disputes with beyblade is odd anyway
(Oct. 31, 2008  9:38 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2008  9:12 PM)G Wrote: I just miss having a lot more free time back then and nagging my dad to bring me to Target to get Beyblades.

Yeah, totally, except for me, it was Walmart. I miss going to the store with my mom and brother and assembling a Beyblade on the car ride home. ;_;

I also miss when I'd battle my friends down the street from me, from day to dusk. I always used to do that. We'd trade parts, and try out new combinations. I remember I tried settling a dispute between my brother and my friends with a beybattle.

I lost

KAIBA! The only way to settle this ... is to DUEL!!!
(Oct. 31, 2008  9:38 PM)Grey Wrote: Yeah, totally, except for me, it was Walmart. I miss going to the store with my mom and brother and assembling a Beyblade on the car ride home. ;_;

I used to do the same thing. Good times...
(Nov. 01, 2008  11:48 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2008  9:38 PM)Grey Wrote: Yeah, totally, except for me, it was Walmart. I miss going to the store with my mom and brother and assembling a Beyblade on the car ride home. ;_;

I used to do the same thing. Good times...

lol mine way quite difreent as i used to order takara ones but then i just went to toys r us and broght some then never see the blade again after a few days at school XD
(Oct. 31, 2008  9:38 PM)Grey Wrote:

I lost

i feel the same way. i would love going to TRU and buying some blades and couldnt wait to go home and build them.

O_O i still settle disputes with my brother with beyblade! lol XD XD i tell my bro. "hey ill beyblade you for it" lol
You never ever see kids just playing around these days. They're all clustered around their computers and video games.

Makes me feel so old.
wow!looks like u guys had lots of fun with beyblade,but when beyblade came to our country my friends wherent playing it, only kids used to play and i was embarressed to play with the kids,but i used to play them with my couzins,they used to love beyblade Smile
Lol. I remember I went to the WHF one time for a beyblade tournament! (I didn't enter my brother did)
He pwnd a bunch of uncustomized Volticapes with his combo! He didn't win sadly T^T.

What I miss most about Beyblades is the cycle:
1. You get CoroCoro
2. You read Beyblade/Beyblade Info
3. You watch the show(Monday nights @ 6p.m ch12)
4. You get new beyblades
5. Go back to step 1; after you pwn with your new blades.
I remember that in my school there would be a different craze every year.
1999-2001-Pokemon
2002-Beyblade
2003-YuGiOh!
2004-Collectible Figures
2005-Marbles
etc...

good times... (except when high schoolers stole my yugioh cards.)
marbles? really? marbles came back?
(Nov. 03, 2008  7:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: marbles? really? marbles came back?
There was this cartoon about kids who used marbles to do battle (kinda like beyblade) so kids imitated it by playing with marbles.
(Nov. 03, 2008  7:46 AM)GekGek Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2008  7:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: marbles? really? marbles came back?
There was this cartoon about kids who used marbles to do battle (kinda like beyblade) so kids imitated it by playing with marbles.

bakugan?
probably b-daman
it wasnt bakugan nor Bdaman. It was a cartoon made in my country which only had like 6 episodes, and the animation sucked.
(Oct. 30, 2008  11:49 PM)Crimson Hero Wrote: O.k. haven't been around lately

You know how old folks talk about the good old days.
Well I think I miss tha good old days. Anyone else agree.
Back when bladeing wasn't all high tech and complicated.

Yea,I guess I still do But we need to move on to the current style and tech of beyblades.
We just have to let go.
^MFB: The new generation!
Still want rollers and bearings in MFB no matter how old, outdated or useless