The future of video

(Jan. 04, 2009  7:46 PM)Kei Wrote: Video looks great. Grin

I hope that isn't the final logo though
Hehehe...That was mean...XD

Anyway, nice video Brad;

Now let me see if I've got this right: you're going to have a wiki review on the Beyblade then show a video of its battle performance, kind of like how Beydamashii would?
yes something like that Smile
Yeah, Beydamashii was a good, informative site. It would really help all bladers to have another site that took up where that one left off. Which, obviously, you people are doing. I'll try to contribute with videos if I can get an aquario, because I don't think anyone reviewed it. Though by the time I get it, that'll probably change.
(Jan. 04, 2009  11:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgk1VwtqI...annel_page

Click Watch in HD.

Wow, really great quality. I literally said "Woah, am I on Veoh?".
Good job.
(Jan. 05, 2009  12:34 AM)Slammin Wrote: Yeah, Beydamashii was a good, informative site. It would really help all bladers to have another site that took up where that one left off. Which, obviously, you people are doing. I'll try to contribute with videos if I can get an aquario, because I don't think anyone reviewed it. Though by the time I get it, that'll probably change.

I have all the MFB coming and I'll be doing vids Grin
(Jan. 04, 2009  10:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2009  7:46 PM)Kei Wrote: Video looks great. Grin

I hope that isn't the final logo though

why Unhappy

The Pegasis Wheel outline is too transparent, I think, and it would be better to use the Brawl font with the words "WBO Video" than the current font and "Beyblade Channel". And instead of saying "presented by worldbeyblade.org", putting "www.worldbeyblade.org" would be just as efficient, only in less words.

Basically, I think it should be in the same style as the Beywiki Video logo, just updated to reflect the new design of the WBO (in other words, something similar to what I did...).
It was my intention to give Beyblade Channel a feel of "associated with but not the same as" the WBO. Since it will be primarily used for instructional video and analysis, the logo and chime have a sort of BBC official-ity to them rather than the technological, competitive feel of the WBO.

If anything, this is far more similar to the Beywiki Video logo than the one you did.

Here's the logo Kei designed, for anyone who's wondering:

[Image: wbovideologo2ot1.png]

And here's the one I'd designed previously:

[Image: wbovideologo.png]

IMO the Beyblade Channel logo is superior to both of them.
(Jan. 05, 2009  1:18 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It was my intention to give Beyblade Channel a feel of "associated with but not the same as" the WBO. Since it will be primarily used for instructional video and analysis, the logo and chime have a sort of BBC official-ity to them rather than the technological, competitive feel of the WBO.

If anything, this is far more similar to the Beywiki Video logo than the one you did.

IMO the Beyblade Channel logo is superior to both of them.

Hmm, if that was your intention, I can understand your design choices. That makes a lot of sense actually. But taking into consideration how many viewers we will get who are not members of the WBO, I think having a logo such as the ones we originally designed would be best. Even though both the website and the Youtube Channel are not necessarily the same thing (especially now that the focus of the WBO has shifted from the Wiki to the Community), both (will) have important informational and analytical content that Bladers should be aware of.

Perhaps putting a link to the wiki instead of the forum would be an option to consider, but that again would shift the focus away from the community, so I am not sure.

Both logos are similar to the Beywiki Video logo, but both mine and your original design reflect what the WBO is better than the current Beyblade Channel logo, and that is the most important thing in my mind. Maybe it is just me, but something about the current logo really feels off. If you don't want to change it, try taking away the "presented by worldbeyblade.org" text and putting simply "www.worldbeyblade.org", like I suggested earlier.

Also, I made the Pegasis Wheel transparent on my version of the logo, maybe you will like it better?

[Image: wbovideotransparentas5.png]
you're the only one to complain about the logo to be honest, everything else has been compliments

i think you just really want me to use your design :\
(Jan. 05, 2009  4:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: you're the only one to complain about the logo to be honest, everything else has been compliments

i think you just really want me to use your design :\

Well, yeah, that was mostly on the quality of the video though (which was great). I wonder what they think of the logo specifically though, in comparison to the other two designs.

Because I think it represents the WBO better! While I prefer my design over your original design, I think either would be an improvement over the current logo.
(Jan. 05, 2009  6:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: how about this?

Now, that looks a lot better.
good leave me alone
So I've registered the username Beybladechannel (some tool already registered "beyblade" but his account doesn't exist BOOO). The username "beywiki" is just irrelevant now and we'll get more hits with the word Beyblade in our username. I plan to inform subscribers to move over to this account once we start posting some videos.
yo i retract my comment about HD
it looks sick and was way affordable. kudos brad

makes me think I want one toooo. how much light does subject need to come out clean like that?
You need pretty significant lighting. This is what I'm using:
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Still, it looks freakin wicked. Its worth it.
(Jan. 06, 2009  1:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You need pretty significant lighting. This is what I'm using:

Nice set up man! My camcorder (even though it's worth like $150+) is just too old. I'll see if it's possible to edit around in Premiere to make it wide screen.
Now I'm worried about the Cam. Somewhat. Smith
(Jan. 06, 2009  11:07 AM)Werkbau Wrote: Now I'm worried about the Cam. Somewhat. Smith

As long as you have strong lighting it's fine. It's like $140, what do you expect?
When do you think the first videos will be coming up?
Also may i suggest filming bottom motions? Having the Weel and track be the constants.
(Jan. 07, 2009  12:19 AM)Maz Wrote: When do you think the first videos will be coming up?
Also may i suggest filming bottom motions? Having the Weel and track be the constants.

Probably within a few days. First video will be how to perform Sliding Shoot.
Yes, I'm in desperate need to find out how to do that.
(Jan. 05, 2009  9:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQO110B5NG4&fmt=22

Awesome job man, nicely done nothing bad about it.

I'd just say the music inbetween the battle needs to change tbh.