The X Files: I Want To Believe

Today, I decided to try and get back into using Photoshop; I really want to get so much better at it with practice, so I created this:

[Image: xfilesposterou5.th.jpg]

Comments and criticisms much appreciated! It took me a while to complete but I'm quite happy with it. Smile Original stock is here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/M.../Alien.jpg

(Who is going to see this film by the way? Because I almost pissed myself when I saw the trailer on TV)
Looks good to me! I love the background. You used brushes for it, right?
great picture

terrible title for a movie
Bey Brad Wrote:great picture

terrible title for a movie

You are an carp;

[Image: i-want-to-believe.jpg]
Other than the font, this could well be official promotional art for the movie.
Kei Wrote:Looks good to me! I love the background. You used brushes for it, right?

Thanks Kei! Yeah, I used a fractal brush, a couple of 'nebula' brushes and any smudging was done with Photoshop defaults - the balls of black and white light were also just photoshop soft default brushes. I want to create my own brushes in time so I can feel like the work is fully my own but for now, I'm just practicing technique.

Composer of Requiem Wrote:Other than the font, this could well be official promotional art for the movie.

Wow, thanks Nic! Smile
Alice Wrote:Thanks Kei! Yeah, I used a fractal brush, a couple of 'nebula' brushes and any smudging was done with Photoshop defaults - the balls of black and white light were also just photoshop soft default brushes. I want to create my own brushes in time so I can feel like the work is fully my own but for now, I'm just practicing technique.

Just go ahead and make your own brushes now. I never downloaded any brushes, I've a prejudice against using other people's work xP just create them as and when you need a particular effect.