The WBO Writing Standards

(Oct. 30, 2011  2:44 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: so we split them?

Advanced WBO Writing Standards:
maximum mistakes: 3/200 words
minimum chapter length: 300 words?
and accept reviews and criticism, even the really super harsh ones.

Beginner WBO Writing Standards:
Maximum mistakes: 3/100 words
minimum chapter length: 150 words
be open to criticism, even the harsh ones.

we also should have a special writing committee that gives the real reviews so that the new writers don't get bad encouragement. I propose for the committee:
- Sparta
- Temporal
- TITAN
- Izuma Inzori (BIG MAYBE, wy writing still kindda sucks, no?)
- Mushy
- BeybladerPotter
- NoodooSoup
- Nwolf
- Ink.
- SDC
- RowDog

anything else?

Again. I love how nobody know that I'm a writer.

Sigh.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ga-s-sto...ragonHeart

It's not like anybody realizes I'm good or anything. [/rant]

EDIT: Sorry, realizes how harsh that sounds. I've had a bad day, and despite my efforts to make myself recognized as something on here, I'm still not well known. But I can honestly say that I write better than some of the committee, my spelling is flawless, and my grammar is mostly flawless (no one's reviewed my story. Even the people who thought it sucked in poll never said WHY it sucked.) Plus, this was my first story. My one-shot will be much better.
You're better than a lot of writers on that list, to be honest. Including me.

Just let it be, man. One day it'll be your time to shine. If I hadn't posted in this thread, I probably wouldn't be there either...
Actually, you're one of the people I thought was better than me. You make really nice plots, they get me hooked in easily.
Eh, I wasn't very well known until I used the distinctive name that is Temporal. Nobody remembers me as Megablader9, really. But that's neither here nor there. Frankly, be thankful. This way, you can legitimately give criticism without people ignoring you as an elitist. As long as you know you're good, and you're actually good, it's not an issue, is it?
(Nov. 01, 2011  2:33 AM)Temporal Wrote: Eh, I wasn't very well known until I used the distinctive name that is Temporal. Nobody remembers me as Megablader9, really. But that's neither here nor there. Frankly, be thankful. This way, you can legitimately give criticism without people ignoring you as an elitist. As long as you know you're good, and you're actually good, it's not an issue, is it?

I knew you when you were Megablader9, and I was very dissapointed with your name change. But I'm used to it now Joyful_3
I was fine with the name change actually, but I remember when you were Megablader9 pre-Kid Dragoon avi too.

Anyways, I guess. It could be good if one's invisible, but every action has its pros and cons.
Eh, I've been writing on here since...I had a Sandile/Meguroco avatar? That's, like, October LAST year.
I believe I'm a good writer, yet I've never written on here before (until now). A way to determine skill should probably be established. Just because someone is new here, doesn't mean they are a bad or new writer.

((The linky is to my story here.))
The fact is guys, this isn't more for getting your head on the list as a good writer but you need to give more criticism on other stories. It says "you should listen to the writers *list*" but if you don't comment there isn't much point in listening to someone who never posts on their story.
(Oct. 31, 2011  8:00 AM)Temporal Wrote: This deserves its own guideline: Never use your age as an excuse.
Ah..the man of the hour. True. Age isn't an excuse. Like how being 10 doesn't mean you can't beat 7th graders at their game.
I'm 8th grade BP, 8th grade..... so we use the format AND the Temporal Age isnt an excuse k?
(Nov. 01, 2011  12:11 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: I'm 8th grade BP, 8th grade..... so we use the format AND the Temporal Age isnt an excuse k?
What does that have to do with anything? And yeah. I suppose you could now edit the OP to announce the 2 formats and the age excuse ban.
Just general excuses should be banned. There is absolutely no reason to have an excuse. If it isn't good don't post it until it's ready. You may want to point out what you were trying to do but in general never use any excuse. You don't have to post the second after you write it.
(Nov. 01, 2011  12:14 PM)BeybladerPotter Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2011  12:11 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: I'm 8th grade BP, 8th grade..... so we use the format AND the Temporal Age isnt an excuse k?
What does that have to do with anything? And yeah. I suppose you could now edit the OP to announce the 2 formats and the age excuse ban.

Did you beat him at writing recently? I think you did.
...You guys do writing competitions here??
Yup. We have a tournament going on, too. (My team will win.)
Hm... Could I challenge you??
(Nov. 01, 2011  11:48 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2011  8:00 AM)Temporal Wrote: This deserves its own guideline: Never use your age as an excuse.
Ah..the man of the hour. True. Age isn't an excuse. Like how being 10 doesn't mean you can't beat 7th graders at their game.

Was this directed in my general area?

I don't really deserve to be on the list, as most of you guys are way better than me...
(Nov. 04, 2011  1:19 AM)Last Memory Wrote: Hm... Could I challenge you??

As soon as the tournament ends, sure. Just so you know, I AM the defending champion of WBO writing. Apparently, I am universally agreed on being one of the best. I don't like that kind of talk, but I just thought you might want to know. Anyway, why don't you sign up for PenPad? We can have our battle there soon.
(Nov. 01, 2011  12:37 PM)RowDog Wrote: Just general excuses should be banned. There is absolutely no reason to have an excuse. If it isn't good don't post it until it's ready. You may want to point out what you were trying to do but in general never use any excuse. You don't have to post the second after you write it.

Deikailo thinks otherwise. In fact, she thinks we're full of it. (And that I have my head up my arse. Where did she get that idea? I'm as respectful as anyone.)
(Nov. 04, 2011  1:22 AM)TITAN Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2011  11:48 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote:

Was this directed in my general area?

I don't really deserve to be on the list, as most of you guys are way better than me...
Haha...no. This was directed at some stupid people who can't even find the square root of 5.
Durrrr...42?

It's weird, there haven't been any bad stories lately...
There have. It's just less evident. Trust me, I haven't hung up the cape yet. The Writing Crusader lives!
True. I haven't seen bad carp lately. We might have influenced them or something...

Meh, outsmarted by a ten year old girl (who we all know is smarter than me).

Temporal - There have been?
Nah...The post was directed at a girl who challenged me to a private Math battle before...LOL. Never told anyone 'bout it. Anyways, we might have to teach some people "nicely" the basics/fundamentals of writing instead of posting criticism right ahead no?