The WBO Writing Standards

The problem is, ignorance is bliss, and most of these people write to achieve bliss. It's like how you think your voice sounds good, but it really sounds horrible. As long as they're happy with it, they won't fix it.
Which is why we must sound nicer But once the age excuse drops, I'll be there. If they ignore advice: I'll be there. If they have a billion Mary-Sues and a bad plot and still think it's epic: I'll be there. If some guy says "This is awesum!" and the story is bad: I'll be there. When there is distress in writing: I will be there, for I am...THE WRITING CRUSADER! (Kidding.) Also: Beyblades of Destiny from rydetwan or soemthing like that. It sucked SO HARD.
Oh yeah. I'm surprised he hasn't even veen warned yet for all his SPAM.

But remember what it was like when we were somewhat nice? Chaos. If they have skill, they can take criticism, no matter how harsh, and improve. You shouldn't be offended when someone states the obvious.
(Nov. 04, 2011  10:38 PM)Temporal Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2011  12:37 PM)RowDog Wrote: Just general excuses should be banned. There is absolutely no reason to have an excuse. If it isn't good don't post it until it's ready. You may want to point out what you were trying to do but in general never use any excuse. You don't have to post the second after you write it.

Deikailo thinks otherwise. In fact, she thinks we're full of it. (And that I have my head up my arse. Where did she get that idea? I'm as respectful as anyone.)
There is never a valid excuse for poor writing. You have as much time as you want and shouldn't post it until you know it's ready.
just generally the writing on here really makes me feel like smashing my head against a brick wall for several reasons:

1) All of the bad stories are getting way more publicity then really good ones because people post on it saying how bad it is.

2) really good stories aren't getting viewed because of bad ones, herefore good writers are giving up.

3) people continuously use excuses to make up for poor planning and skills. and can't take a single bit of criticism.

4) writers are getting a really bad image because of the bad ones, and everyone keeps having the impression we're jerks, not pointing at anyone in general.
I think the list should be much more exclusive, and take me off since all I do is come on randomly at night and bash someone for misspelt words.
(Nov. 05, 2011  7:24 AM)TITAN Wrote: The problem is, ignorance is bliss, and most of these people write to achieve bliss. It's like how you think your voice sounds good, but it really sounds horrible. As long as they're happy with it, they won't fix it.

So it's kind of like American Idol or some of those other reality tv shows. We're the judges and there are a bunch of people that stink and think they're good, but whenever we tell them otherwise they just won't listen. They just think that we're mean or crazy because we won't agree with it.
i'm honored to be classed as part of the writing commitee, but limiting the amount of words is a bit harsh, it should be up to what type of chapter it is...
(Nov. 05, 2011  7:10 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: BTW, the square root of 5 is 2.23606798. Tongue_out

Technically, the square root of 5 can't be found without a calculator. You could start when you were born (if that were possible), and you'd still be doing math until you died. But, since you obviously can't, it'd be 2.23606798... Can't forget the ellipsis when you're doing math; it makes a difference.

Sorry if this is off topic Confused
You need to fix the [align=center] at the start. Also, shouldn't Beginner Guidelines go before advanced? It just seems the way it usually is. I can't believe I'm pointing out something so small.