The Ultimate Destabilizer Storm Cancer 100WB (with good tests)

(Dec. 31, 2010  3:28 PM)Laserdude Wrote: flame lion i hate to tell you this but that combo
1.is only versing earth and burn which really arent good at all
2. i bet guys like gravity perseus and guys like him could crush that combo

1. earth is a top tier part for stamina and defence, and burn is top tier for stamina, so dont say there bad
2. i have nothing to say to that
(Dec. 31, 2010  3:28 PM)Laserdude Wrote: 2. i bet guys like gravity perseus and guys like him could crush that combo
Destabilizers aren't supposed to have a high win rate over Attack types at all...
They specialize in countering Defense and Stamina types and that's pretty much it.

Also, Beyblades are inanimate objects, and should probably be referred to as "it", not "him".
(Dec. 31, 2010  3:28 PM)Laserdude Wrote: flame lion i hate to tell you this but that combo
1.is only versing earth and burn which really arent good at all
2. i bet guys like gravity perseus and guys like him could crush that combo

lol that Quote just won a ride too: "funny things that amateurs say" ahah sorry off.topic

Earth and Burn are top-tier and destabilizer´s are not supposed to beat attack...so before post something like that search.. you know nothing...
Can I put your tests in the destabiliser thread?
Yipes...I read the test results for this combo and was rather surprised to be honest; so much so that I figured I would do some tests of my own. Here they are:

**Standard testing procedures are used when applicable (i.e. use of TT attack stadium, alternating launches etc.)

Storm Cancer 100WB vs Flame Bull 145WD
8/10 in favor of Flame Bull 145WD
* I am aware that this combo is no longer top-tier, but my Burn is out on a loan and this will have to suffice.

Storm Cancer 100WB vs Earth Bull 90WD
8/10 in favor of Earth Bull 90WD

Storm Cancer 100WB vs MF Earth Bull C145WB
6/10 in favor of Storm Cancer 100WB

This combo peaked my interest mainly as I've tried using something like this before, and in fact I was beaten in a tournament with a similar combination. Against the Flame-based stamina combo above, it managed to achieve a couple of KO's, but nothing as spectacular and common as what is mentioned in the OP. The results against a defense combo do not surprise me in the slightest. It should also be noted that the combo did not destabilize the defense combo so much as it did merely out-spin it(not surprising considering the the weight and additional frictional force acting upon the defense combo). I really hate to sound like a downer, but it does not seem that this combo is quite as versatile as it is made out to be.
Uh why not try it against attack, as it is obvious it can take down defensive customizations? Not to be picky, but why not use Earth at 145 and Flame Bull at 90? Just because of 230 and all.
Cause destabilisers are good against stamina and defence combos...
Wouldn't you want them to also do alright against Attack? OR even decent against LTSC?
Anyway have some tests against LTAC:

MF-F Storm Cancer 100WB vs. MF-H Lightning LDrago 85RF
MF-H Lightning LDrago 85RF win rate: 10/10
MF-F Storm Cancer 100WB win rate: 0/10
0%

MF-F Storm Cancer 100WB vs. MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85RF
MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85RF win rate: 10/10
0%

MF-F Storm Cancer 100WB vs. MF-H Quetzalcoatl 85RF
MF-H Quetzalcoatl 85RF win rate: 10/10
0%
Dan
I've found the wheels to simply function better with their respective aforementioned tracks. I figured it best to test them at their optimal performance. In addition, I've noticed that Earth is destabilized with greater ease on higher tracks. I don't think it will make much of a difference, but I can do some more tests taking your advisory into account. In regard to testing against an attack combination: I've found destabilizers horrid against attack types. Here are a few quick tests proving that point with Storm Cancer 100WB:

Storm Cancer 100WB VS MF Meteo L-Drago 90RF
9/10 in favor of MF Meteo L-Drago 90RF

Storm Cancer 100WB VS MF Gravity Perseus (Counter Mode, Right-Spin) 100RF
9/10 in favor of MF Gravity Perseus 100RF

Also, here are the other Stamina Tests:
Storm Cancer 100WB vs Earth Bull 145WD
6/10 in favor of Earth Bull 145WD

Storm Cancer 100WB vs Flame Bull 90WD
7/10 in favor of Flame Bull 90WD
Wonder why you only got 9? This is too easy a combo to just spit out of the stadium. It is a bunch of 3rd rate parts put together.
I would test this against CS, but hell, I can't find it.

Edit:
(Jan. 04, 2011  1:58 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Cause destabilisers are good against stamina and defence combos...
Destabilizers need to be able to defeat Attack types to be effective. Anybody who knows what they're doing with an Attack type can easily defeat something like this.
(Jan. 04, 2011  2:52 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2011  1:58 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Cause destabilisers are good against stamina and defence combos...
Destabilizers need to be able to defeat Attack types to be effective. Anybody who knows what they're doing with an Attack type can easily defeat something like this.
according to that, a destabilizer is just a balance type...
(Jan. 04, 2011  3:02 AM)Dan Wrote: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Destabilisers

ive already seen that...
Then what is your point?
(Jan. 04, 2011  2:52 AM)Dan Wrote: Wonder why you only got 9? This is too easy a combo to just spit out of the stadium. It is a bunch of 3rd rate parts put together.
I would test this against CS, but hell, I can't find it.

Two words man: Wall. Saves. That and sometimes my launch isn't necessarily ideal. Either way, I think the point was made =P I would also like to see test results against CS. I would do them myself, but I am not in the possession of one at the moment.
(Jan. 04, 2011  3:04 AM)Dan Wrote: Then what is your point?

that maybe it should be called a balance type?
No cause the traditional meaning of that is a combo that gets a relatively high win rate against all three types. Most destabilisers fail utterly against attacks.
(Jan. 04, 2011  3:22 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: No cause the traditional meaning of that is a combo that gets a relatively high win rate against all three types. Place most destabilisers against attacks and they fail utterly.

yeah your right about that, anyways i was going to test storm for destabilizing myself, but i didnt get around to it
Maybe it's unreasonable with MFB to have a combo which can defeat all three types well. I guess Lightning combos do this but it's not it has no element of defence or stamina in it really.
the problem is not WB but storm i get better results with Flame of corse Flame Cancer 100WB is better
Yeah when I tried Storm Cancer 100SF it didn't do well at all.