The UFO

This is illegal to use in Singapore Tournaments now (at least) but the last few competitions in Singapore (2003-2004) saw the use of this Beyblade, (exactly the same) by all winners from the Quarter Finals onwards. Need a lot of work, like filing, sandpapering and cutting. Enjoy the config of UFO!

AR: Gaia Dragoon V attack ring, cut off all protruding edges and sand the cut edges till it's smooth. Next, placed a cut-edged, sand Dranzer V2 Support part under it. This forms the Attack Ring of UFO, which is a perfect round shape.

Use of Dragon Wider and a comfortable shooter grip gives it more power of course though even literally a spinning this Beyblade with you hand and launch it on the Stadium will win any other Beys. This Beyblade could even win HMS, saw it with my own eyes as it was owned by my friend, one of the top players in Singapore at that time.

Spin Gear: Burning Cerburus Core but tip replaced with Wolborg 2. It must be in Left Spin in order to "absorb force" and increase endurance. The dual ball bearings has to be put into lubricating oil or Zippo fluid to give it the less friction as possible.

Weight Disk: "Golden Weight Disk" but with removed/filed protruding edge.

Base + Support part: Wolborg 2 base but with 4 holes cut at sides in order to install a modified Dranzer V2 Support. Careful with the 4 holes. Fix the Spin gear to it.

It's done! It's very powerful but has been legal in those competition. If 2 of these Beys fight, it usually ended up in more than 1 draws and any usual Beyblade not beat it, due to its strong grip and weight. It's very stable and always end up in the centre and it does not move, at all. It also emits "Engine" sound due to the dual ball bearing which is spin excessively due to the lub. It's never stop and I saw someone using it to win a Gyro Beyblade, which is impossible for any ordinary Beys. Anyway, parts are hard to find now, try it if you would like to!
dude, this is illegal EVERYWHERE, it is illegal to purposely wear down your parts...
Yes. I wonder what the referees were doing to allow many such illegal mods years back. But it made Beyblading more competitive somehow and this config was even allowed to go into Asia Championships even though the competition was halted due to SARS.
Woah, u mean SARS, the sickness? And why did any1 allow mods? U could make the ultimate beyblade and then go there, and they would allow it... they should have u list down your parts and then check them before every battle or something like that
I've got the rule list and I think people in Singapore got away with it because it did not say no cutting and filing. It only has a rule saying no additional ball bearings for Draciel S etc.
thats dumb, i can pretty much make a non-released beyblade from the show... wtf...and it would still be legal...
Its ilegal everywhere. Ref's outside of Japan generaly dident know what the rules of the game was beyond who wins, and couldent tell apart real and fake parts to save there lives.
Refs should be volunteer bladers or something...so an idiot at the hobby wouldnt mess it up...
Thats what the IBA is for. Smile
Thanks for the post, it's nice to see the mystery of the UFO finally revealed. Obviously we don't promote this sort of play under any circumstances, but it doesn't seem to me you are doing that so much as you are just telling us about it so I appreciate that.

It's sad when entire tournaments are dominated by a single Beyblade by such a large scale (which is why I don't believe in bearing tuning that is also mentioned in the OP), but it is how it is I suppose. And I'm not surprised that it could beat some lower-tier HMS.
u guys over-estimate HMS... my friend only uses them, and i am usually even matched with them (He made Strata Dragoon MS endurance AND Attack... now that is hard to beat.)Also note that i prefer plastic
GotrutoTheCustimizer Wrote:(He made Strata Dragoon MS endurance AND Attack... now that is hard to beat.)

no it isn't, gaia dragoon ms is one of the worst hms ever
Plz explain (Im not a pro at HMS or anything NEAR it) Or atleast tell me what a Lower-tier beyblade is (As in what beyblades fit into that section, i know what lower-tier means)
GotrutoTheCustimizer Wrote:Plz explain (Im not a pro at HMS or anything NEAR it) Or atleast tell me what a Lower-tier beyblade is (As in what beyblades fit into that section, i know what lower-tier means)

http://forums.beywiki.com/showthread.php?tid=1066&pid=32037#pid32037
They know what is real parts but they simply didn't refine the rule properly that enables a loophole. The later competitions held in 2005 does not allow this anymore as UFOs are dominating the competitive scene everytime.
I don't trust really HMS, although they are useful in the Bey Ultimate Stadium because of its spin change ability.
Kiewzy Wrote:I don't trust really HMS, although they are useful in the Bey Ultimate Stadium because of its spin change ability.

What do you mean, "don't trust HMS"?

And the Bey Ultimate Stadium sucks ... that is hardly the biggest advantage of being able to change spin direction on a whim.
Beating Lower-Tiers doesnt seem too hard, especially since dranzer MS just plain sucked, but Advance Averazor is pretty good, but most of my plastics are able to beat it.
GotrutoTheCustimizer Wrote:Beating Lower-Tiers doesnt seem too hard, especially since dranzer MS just plain sucked, but Advance Averazor is pretty good, but most of my plastics are able to beat it.

Keep in mind that these are just purchasing tiers. Beyblades that are high on the list may be bad Beyblades uncustomized, but have a useful part. You seem to measure the performance of Beyblades uncustomized, which is pointless.
I mean in the past Bey Ultimate Stadium (the stadium with a spinning plate in the centre) were used from the Semi-Finals onwards, Spin direction of the disc will affect the spin of Beyblade and thus, with HMS, it's useful as it could spin longer. I never used a HMS before but it looked small and I think with a right shooting technique, ordinary Beys should have no problem beating a HMS. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bey Brad Wrote:
GotrutoTheCustimizer Wrote:Beating Lower-Tiers doesnt seem too hard, especially since dranzer MS just plain sucked, but Advance Averazor is pretty good, but most of my plastics are able to beat it.

Keep in mind that these are just purchasing tiers. Beyblades that are high on the list may be bad Beyblades uncustomized, but have a useful part. You seem to measure the performance of Beyblades uncustomized, which is pointless.

I figured that for the Plastic blades (Noticed Metal Driger...) but the other ones i wasnt sure.
UFO is sort of a proof that Defensive beyblades are better.. Attacking Beyblade may miss their Target but Defensive/Endurance Beys conserves energy and still hurts.
well actually if u use attack beyblade the right way, it can easily knock out a defensive/endurance blaede, not that i prefer attack blades or anything like that.
Kiewzy Wrote:I mean in the past Bey Ultimate Stadium (the stadium with a spinning plate in the centre) were used from the Semi-Finals onwards, Spin direction of the disc will affect the spin of Beyblade and thus, with HMS, it's useful as it could spin longer. I never used a HMS before but it looked small and I think with a right shooting technique, ordinary Beys should have no problem beating a HMS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong. HMS beys are smaller, but they also are made a lot more of metal. This makes them heavier. Also, since they are this small (and they have more metal) they have higher spin rates.
Perhaps I'll buy one first and test with someone with proper blades..