The UFO

Kiewzy Wrote:Perhaps I'll buy one first and test with someone with proper blades..

I reccomend getting a Death Gargoyle MS. With this beyblade I'm sure it will be easier for you to see what I mean.
Kiewzy Wrote:Perhaps I'll buy one first and test with someone with proper blades..

Exactly what i thought when my friend got one... i got one but i still prefer plastic, but u might be differant than me.
Kiewzy Wrote:I mean in the past Bey Ultimate Stadium (the stadium with a spinning plate in the centre) were used from the Semi-Finals onwards, Spin direction of the disc will affect the spin of Beyblade and thus, with HMS, it's useful as it could spin longer. I never used a HMS before but it looked small and I think with a right shooting technique, ordinary Beys should have no problem beating a HMS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is wrong on so many levels. HMS are leaps and bounds stronger than plastic Beyblades. Being smaller is not a disadvantage; it allows them to maintain their spin for a longer period of time. The max RPM is twice that of plastics, and the metal frame of the AR is a significant advantage. Wolborg MS would destroy these UFO customs easily.
Imagine this:

Plastic = Spread out nuclear bomb secquence makes a less powerful explosion

HMS = mor compact nuke, making it have an explosion with a TON of force

But its not that wide of a difference. more likr 6 to 8 in a scale of 10 (HMS is 8)
Gotruto Wrote:Imagine this:

But its not that wide of a difference. more likr 6 to 8 in a scale of 10 (HMS is 8)

This is either the best post I've ever seen or the most ridiculous post ever.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
Gotruto Wrote:Imagine this:

This is either the best post I've ever seen or the most ridiculous post ever.

And what determines if its the best or ridiculous?
Wolborg MS can't. UFO would spin till the other stops. It relies upon the strength of another Bey to keep spinning. I saw it beat Wolborg MS before. Wolborg MS was released around the same time where Driger MS and stuff came out when MS blades are not conventional.
Kiewzy Wrote:Wolborg MS can't. UFO would spin till the other stops. It relies upon the strength of another Bey to keep spinning. I saw it beat Wolborg MS before. Wolborg MS was released around the same time where Driger MS and stuff came out when MS blades are not conventional.

Wolborg MS will have a higher potential to steal spin than this UFO Beyblade, especially with proper customization and seasoning.
Kiewzy Wrote:Wolborg MS can't. UFO would spin till the other stops. It relies upon the strength of another Bey to keep spinning. I saw it beat Wolborg MS before. Wolborg MS was released around the same time where Driger MS and stuff came out when MS blades are not conventional.

Assuming your combo can beat a Wolborg MS by stealing its spin (which I doubt) that is not to say that your combo will always beat Wolborg MS. In your post you said that this combo is in left spin. The only way to steal spin like the way you just explained would be if the opposing bey was in right (or the opposite direction of your own beyblade). Being that you can select your spin direction with Wolborg MS before you launch, Wolborg MS easily beats this combo. All you have to do is launch it in the same spin direction.

Maybe you are confused as to which beyblade is Wolborg MS. Wolborg MS was not released at the same time as Driger MS.

This kind spin stealing style of play is what most players refer to as a zombie. Here is our Zombie article:
http://beywiki.com/index.php/Zombie
They were those 2004-2005 blades, this is what I know at least though Driger and guys was much earlier and everyone was looking at them with suspicion on whether they could really perform.
Kiewzy Wrote:They were those 2004-2005 blades, this is what I know at least though Driger and guys was much earlier and everyone was looking at them with suspicion on whether they could really perform.

Why didn't they just try using them?

It was pretty obvious from the outset that HMS was in class of its own compared to plastic. While the early HMS couldn't beat Endurance-kings like tuned Zombies, once Wolborg MS came along that all changed and there was no use for plastic Beyblades anymore.

I'm sorry, but you've never owned or used any HMS Beyblades, so I don't think you are in a position to be making claims to their ability.
I honestly can't understand why anyone would prefer plastic to HMS. I've tried liking my plastic beyblades, and have even considered buying more to have a bigger selection of parts. When it comes down to it, after playing with plastic vs. plastic, I always end up going back to HMS. They are smaller, less clumsy, much easier to launch, have far more power, spin longer, and offer WAY more intense battles. Also, I have no fears of any of my HMS parts breaking anytime soon. Wolborg MS is probably the only complaint I have about HMS - it's just too damn powerful.

Even though some plastics are more aesthetically pleasing, that doesn't even come close to the differences in power, and efficiency. Outside of aesthetics, there's really no reason to prefer plastics to HMS.

Everyone who dislikes HMS beyblades should own Death gargoyle MS and Wolborg MS before doing so.
Kiewzy Wrote:AR: Gaia Dragoon V attack ring, cut off all protruding edges and sand the cut edges till it's smooth. Next, placed a cut-edged, sand Dranzer V2 Support part under it. This forms the Attack Ring of UFO, which is a perfect round shape.
I thought any other sub-ring-able AR could work, or even Bound Defencer?

Kiewzy Wrote:Weight Disk: "Golden Weight Disk" but with removed/filed protruding edge.
Just for the record, this part is called "Wide Defence"

Kiewzy Wrote:Base + Support part: Wolborg 2 base but with 4 holes cut at sides in order to install a modified Dranzer V2 Support. Careful with the 4 holes. Fix the Spin gear to it.
It was Dranzer S, I'm pretty sure about that.

Kiewzy Wrote:Yes. I wonder what the referees were doing to allow many such illegal mods years back. But it made Beyblading more competitive somehow and this config was even allowed to go into Asia Championships even though the competition was halted due to SARS.

I wondered too. It didn't make it more competitive, it just made construction of UFOs more competitive.

Anyway, the point is that the rules said "original parts must be allowed". So people just said these were original parts, just that they were worn down.

Gotruto Wrote:thats dumb, i can pretty much make a non-released beyblade from the show... wtf...and it would still be legal...

You cannot, because you're MAKING it. It was a loophole.

I can pass you some. It's insanely hard to find them in stores nowadays. PM me or something.
OK i have bin reading this and the 3 letters UFO stand for Unidentified Flying Object was this beyblade flying?Confused
rkayd Wrote:OK i have bin reading this and the 3 letters UFO stand for Unidentified Flying Object was this beyblade flying?Confused

No. It just looks like a UFO.
Yeah it's Dranzer S.. sorry. I got mixed up. But I saw people using Wolborg 2 as the base before but Dranzer S is heavier and could do more.
Personally, I like Dranzer S life after death capability. It's a pity that its other survival characteristics are not very practical.
Dranzer S is my first Beyblade and mine is a transparent black limited edition.
flashfox Wrote:Color me shocked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y42vBw1hp_A&NR=1

UFO in action.

I posted this video here before, I think, in the "illegal customizations" thead that time. This video is not very well done. This is very poor performance for UFO.