The State Of the Creations Forum: Help it.

This is acceptable when one's original thread gets cluttered. But people should deal with it, seeing as many of us never enjoy such fame.
here are some things that made this forum a bit organizedUnhappyfor me at least XD)

1. the GFX thread: it made a few GFX-makers to post their creations their, unlike other guys who makes threads to clutter this forum

and that's it.

now here are some thing that helps this forum to be cluttered(for me at least XD):

1. the GFX tournament: this threads cluttered this forum
2. the sprite contest: this threads cluttered this forum
3. sig shops: this. I was thinking who and how did a sig shop started. seriously, why not use the old "request" thread?
4. stories: this. it has hit me that stories here are relatively bad(no offense intended)

wow, 1-over-4. here are my suggestions:

1. we need to "necro" the request thread XD XD
2. there was someone who suggested to "split this forum"

and now i heard this:
blah said they changed the off topic forum: there must be confirmation before the thread is actually posted(may someone clarify this?)
You know what else clutters this forum? 'My Drawings' threads. Why do you need your own thread; there's already a 'DRAWINGS' thread! Why do you need to have 'Noodoo's Drawings', 'Noodoo's GFX' and other useless things.
(Aug. 01, 2011  12:24 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: You know what else clutters this forum? 'My Drawings' threads. Why do you need your own thread; there's already a 'DRAWINGS' thread! Why do you need to have 'Noodoo's Drawings', 'Noodoo's GFX' and other useless things.

true. but i haven't seen any drawing lately Uncertain

EDIT: point proven
I do not think that this thread is the answer to any of this. Right now this is just a bunch of complaints that are never going to get to the ears (eyes really as this is written posts) of who we are complaining to. What we should have is more threads like the Writers Handbook for all areas of the 'Your Creations' forum like sig shops etc. and then stickied so everyone reads them before going to post something horrible. Or have one big guide with all the necessary things for the big topic threads on the same stickied guide in spoilers.
With this encouraged we should be able to end this rubbish crisis happening in this part of the forum.
I just wanted to say that I have made a thread on how to make a good story for the same reasons of this. people don't think before they post, they need to know exactly how the plot goes, or a story will go on and on and on forever with no good end.
(Jul. 31, 2011  9:15 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Sparta is only a teen, I presume, but he writes likes a pro.

15, but that's still a teen, eh?

One recurring thing thing I really, really hate is character requests. I understand this has been mentioned quite a few times, but it really needs to be elaborated on. It's annoying. People need to create their own characters and stop being lazy. The truth of the matter is, people do these because they want to give their story more popularity, but in reality it just makes the story look pathetic. Remember, you are writing your story, not some fans who want their characters to be the highlights. Even me, I used to give character requests, and in one story I accepted them. It's really something that should be changed, because when people copy and paste requests from one story to another it's really SPAM.
good point, i think you can do it for a while, but if you leave it too long the threads gonna be out of control
(Aug. 01, 2011  4:43 PM)Nwolf Wrote: good point, i think you can do it for a while, but if you leave it too long the threads gonna be out of control

I don't even think it should be used in the first place. It should become a rule, just like GFX shops, that if you copy and paste a request, you will be WARNED. Just like copy and pasting sig requests.
Keep the suggestions coming, I plan on making a thread for the Your Creations forum, similar to this one, except it will be the standard "rules" per se, and I'd love to have some help on it. Similar to th!nks, How To Be A Good Member, thread. Hopefully it will be good enough to be stickied.
(Aug. 01, 2011  4:38 PM)Sparta Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2011  9:15 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Sparta is only a teen, I presume, but he writes likes a pro.

15, but that's still a teen, eh?

One recurring thing thing I really, really hate is character requests. I understand this has been mentioned quite a few times, but it really needs to be elaborated on. It's annoying. People need to create their own characters and stop being lazy. The truth of the matter is, people do these because they want to give their story more popularity, but in reality it just makes the story look pathetic. Remember, you are writing your story, not some fans who want their characters to be the highlights. Even me, I used to give character requests, and in one story I accepted them. It's really something that should be changed, because when people copy and paste requests from one story to another it's really SPAM.

This is true, and has been said so many times around the forum, it is obvious that people are simply ignoring this, and it's not that they don't know. They know, all right. Hah, in my older story, someone pasted their character from their story, AND FORGOT TO TAKE OUT THE 'Rate and Comment" part, and looked like a total fool.