The Standard Method of Testing

I spoke with Heart earlier in regard to starting this Thread, as I've noticed an increased amount of closed Customizations Threads as they do not comply with our standard regulations as to how a test should be carried out. These closed Threads seemed to use outclassed or competitively useless parts, requested their combos to be tested out by starting a new Thread, the use of a Stadium that isn't the Metal Fight Beyblade Attack Type Stadium, etc.

Because of this, it causes clutter in one of the most vital parts of the WBO, and it frustrates the staff to have to repeatedly close similar Threads.

Therefore, I propose that we generate a standard method of testing, in written form. The senior members here are well aware as to how a proper test is to be done, but this is more for Bladers who are new to the WBO, and have little experience with carrying out tests and posting results.

Also, it seems that people pay more attention to the inner workings in the Advanced Forum, instead of the Stickied Topics in the Customization Forum, which is unfortunate; I think it would be better if this was left here, unless a staff member would like to Sticky it.

Listed below are the four simple steps on how to conduct a test:

1. Inspecting Your Test Beyblade (Click to View)

2. Preparing for the Test (Click to View)

3. How to Run a Test Based on Your Beyblade's Type (Click to View)

4. Posting Your Results (Click to View)

So, to bring it all back, you must remember to only start a new Thread in the Customization Forum if:
- You are not requesting a test of your Beyblade or theory in a new Thread; we have an appropriate Thread for this
- You have read around the Customization Forum to see if your Combo is not an incarnation of a top-tier Combo, and if your Combo is not similar to a Combo that has been posted already
- You have the necessary equipment to carry out a test as described above
- You have the Attack Type Stadium
- Your Beyblade is free of outclassed and or competitively useless parts
- You have tested your Beyblade against the appropriate top-tier Beyblades
- You have results written down, and they are good results

By complying to this handy guide, I am sure that all of you can enrich the Customization Forum, ushering in potential top-tier Combos.

To the Staff and other Veterans: please check this over if I need to make any changes to this.
Not all Sharp series bottoms are useless.

Coat Sharp.
(Dec. 15, 2010  3:29 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Not all Sharp series bottoms are useless.

Coat Sharp.

I'll edit that; I completely forgot about CS.

Edit: Fixed.
Add M145 to tracks, Q to bottoms, Gill and TT Orso to Clear Wheels (most newbs aren't going for wobblers :X), and take Rock off of Metal Wheels.

I didn't see this: might want to add a section saying not to post stuff we already know, and not to test already top-tier combos.
Sounds like some great amendments; I just edited the OP.
M145 is "Move 145", not "Multi".
This is a great thread for new members who would like to test. Thanks Momo!

Just because I'm picky though...can you put the titles as the spoilers themselves?
[ Spoiler = 1. Inspecting Your Test Beyblade ]
Great thread Momo Wink

I think it's a great idea creating this thread as like what you've already said people will tend to pay ittle closer attention to this topic then a sticked thread in the 'Customization Forum' just because this is placed in 'The Adavnced Forum'.
Thanks guys, and Oki, I think it may be less confusing for non-staff/Veteran members to view the format as is.
This is a really cool thread, but I'm a bit wary of outlining parts which shouldn't be used; you never know what potential uses a part could have.
I agree somewhat, but I don't think most new Metal Fusion tykes are going to be realizing any untapped potential they might have.
Should I remove that section all together then, just to be completely unbiased about the parts?
I just want to post this here for everyone to see, because I think it is quite important most of the time :

When you post test results for a select combination which is part of a certain type, in my opinion you should also post test results for the current top-tier Beyblade of the same type.

This way we can compare the results more accurately, because not only do percentages vary among almost everyone, but while, for instance, you could be bad with Attack Types for some reason, if you are testing a new Attack type customization, then at least the variation between the top-tier's results and your combination's results should be quite similar to the variation that someone who is skilled with Attack types would get, in theory. So, while MF Pegasis 145RF could only get 30% against MF Earth Bull GB145CS for some members and that their MF Lightning L Drago 100RF gets 70% against it, the L Drago combination should still be 40% more powerful than MF Pegasis 145RF for other people.