The Matter of Money in the World Beyblade Organization.

It seemed important to not only post about it as a simple update to the FAQ in the Help section, but to make a topic for this as well. Money is an issue that is very dear to me, not because I am greedy, but because it can easily be a problem, and it is something we, as an organisation, need to be completely transparent about. What I am posting here is nothing new at all, but I want it to be as visible as possible to as many people as possible, since few actually consult the Help documents.

In any case, here is the update I just did to the FAQ :

Quote:Q: Why is there an entry fee? Are you guys pocketing my money?
A: The World Beyblade Organization is an entirely not-for-profit organization. All of the staff members and all of the hosts are complete volunteers and do not get even one cent for their work. Rest assured that all the money we collect is not taken as the WBO's, it remains everybody else's, and as such, we make sure that it gets put right back into the community in one, but not limited to, the following methods:
- Paying for this site to be hosted, so that everyone can enjoy its features, its information, and its discussion platform;
- Maintaining ownership of our domain names, which isn't costly by the way;
- Paying for the development of specially designed plugins and programs to improve the website or offer new features to please our Members, such as the BeyPoint System;
- Purchasing awesome prizes for campaigns and giveaways;
- Once in a while, reimbursing some costs of prizes and stadiums to organisers of tournaments;
- Keeping some money aside for future big projects;
- etc.

Honestly, besides actually giving money back to you all, I think we are really doing our best to give back to you thanks to your donations and more or less voluntary entry fees. If we could, we would show you all of our actual transactions, but just like our conversations, there are things that must remain surprises and secrets. Believe in our good will.

The self-sufficience of this community is amazing, incredible. We form partnerships here and there when we can, but what the community needs, the community gives : if something, a mean, a fund, a content, is needed, it comes from the community, and the community appreciates it back.

As always, from the whole Committee, its past members, Brad :

Thank you.
So you mean to say we're not driving around in white cadillacs drinking expensive booze with our spinning top money?

I feel we are grossly miss-allocating funds, if this is not the case...
One tournament without fees could have good prizes. But do not count on that host to constantly provide good prizes for more than two tournaments. In other words, do not expect more than two tournaments from that host and for that area, essentially.
Apparantly no we can longer drive in fancy cars drinking the most expensive alchohol the world has woth our spinning top money.
I know i dont drive in a fancy car. But on a serious note I love how self sufficient this community is. Being a tournament organizer in my state it amazes me with the dedication i see in my local players and judges.
we can or cant keep the money we made from tournaments?
All money gained during WBO funds absolutely must be turned in to the WBO. If you need reimbursement for your expenses, it will be deducted from what you owe, or provided in addition if you did not make enough from fees.
Actually all the bladers of my city now have a passport. EVERY SINGLE GUY!!!!! except for 2 who are buying passports in the next tourney. So then there will be no fee to send. So is that a loss in any way to the WBO??
(May. 23, 2012  2:52 PM)BeyBlast Wrote: Actually all the bladers of my city now have a passport. EVERY SINGLE GUY!!!!! except for 2 who are buying passports in the next tourney. So then there will be no fee to send. So is that a loss in any way to the WBO??

It could be, but if that means that Indian Bladers get to enjoy multiple tournaments this year to honour those Blader Passports, then there is a "win" in this situation, at least.
That is right! The more battles there are the more time kids will spend battling. I know that will happen I have seen it with my owne eyes.
In Pakistan dollar rates are going higher and higher no one could pay 280 rupees for a tournament
It's a pretty fair price, especially with all the money that is need for prizes. 280 Rupees is only $3 Canadian, so it shouldn't be that hard for people to only pay 280 Rupees, personally, I think Blader Passports should cost more and so should prices for a one time tournament.

Also, I think this thread should be moved to the Advanced section?

Like Luck said, thank you for everything WBO!

EDIT: @*Ginga* Oops my fault.
I never really thought about it ... I mean, not that I was just splashing cash about and going 'Yeah! Spend as much as I like on everything!'. That's not what I'm saying, when I say I never really thought about it I mean that to me beyblade has always been well ... Beyblade. I'd pay almost anything to play. Thanks WBO Smile
(Apr. 27, 2013  8:20 PM)LMAO Wrote: Also, I think this thread should be moved to the Advanced section?

... The Advanced Forum is for people with advanced knowledge about the Beyblade hobby, not for people who know a lot about the WBO ...
(Apr. 27, 2013  8:20 PM)LMAO Wrote: It's a pretty fair price, especially with all the money that is need for prizes. 280 Rupees is only $3 Canadian, so it shouldn't be that hard for people to only pay 280 Rupees, personally, I think Blader Passports should cost more and so should prices for a one time tournament.

If you do not have any idea about the economics of other countries, please be respectful enough to keep your mouth shut. $3 US/280 Rupees is actually quite a lot of money, for many families in third world countries.

Exchange rates have very little to do with the average and lower-end economics of individual nations.
(Apr. 27, 2013  9:20 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2013  8:20 PM)LMAO Wrote: It's a pretty fair price, especially with all the money that is need for prizes. 280 Rupees is only $3 Canadian, so it shouldn't be that hard for people to only pay 280 Rupees, personally, I think Blader Passports should cost more and so should prices for a one time tournament.

If you do not have any idea about the economics of other countries, please be respectful enough to keep your mouth shut. $3 US/280 Rupees is actually quite a lot of money, for many families in third world countries.

Exchange rates have very little to do with the average and lower-end economics of individual nations.

Hazel, I don't mean to be rude, but I think that wasn't necessary to snap at LMAO. he was giving his opinion, and he didn't mean to be rude in any way. Also, if you don't know about the politically correct term for third world country, developing nation, maybe you shouldn't talk about it?
Maybe he does know the correct meaning and you don't? Hazel is a very knowledgable person, he probably knows the "politically correct" definintition for that term.

And don't talk to the mods like that. Chances are they know more about this game than you.
I'm not sure why people keep getting confused between Pakistani Rupee and Indian Rupee...
$5 is 280 in INR, and PKR is around 500.
http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/conv...USD&To=PKR

It's a pretty big amount here, and is the reason why we don't have 15-20 attendees at tournaments..
(Apr. 27, 2013  10:46 PM)Haspro Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2013  9:20 PM)Hazel Wrote:

Hazel, I don't mean to be rude, but I think that wasn't necessary to snap at LMAO. he was giving his opinion, and he didn't mean to be rude in any way. Also, if you don't know about the politically correct term for third world country, developing nation, maybe you shouldn't talk about it?

Actually, when someone comes in and openly states, in response to someone from said region claiming that something is too expensive, that it isn't, and then that it should be more expensive, when they haven't any idea what they're talking about whatsoever, I find it more criminal not to adjust their attitude than to let them continue being so blatantly ignorant.

Now, as to whether or not using the defacto term for those regions is more offensive than someone telling people from one of those regions that they have no grounds upon which to complain about legitimate monetary concerns, I think you're probably in a really weird spot to be calling anyone out on anything, given which individual you're defending.

If anyone here has been legitimately offended by my use of the actual terminology for those regions, rather than the relatively-new term that isn't really any less obvious about what it's saying, I apologize.

With Love,

Fred