The Legend of Zelda

I used to be so scared when I played the Zelda games back when I was a kid but now, I play with confidence!
(Jul. 14, 2009  2:10 PM)To Wrote: I've never played a Zelda game that I liked enough to play with for more then a few hours (ok, well I did get far in Wind Waker, but that's it).

You don't like OoT ?
(Oct. 11, 2007  5:14 AM)Ichida Wrote: *has an OOT replica ocarina, is slowly learning to play it*

I have the Ocarina as well Grin
I have OoT both on the 64 and Virtual Console, combined play time is probably 5 hours. There is just something I don't like about Zelda games. The 2D ones on Gameboy Advance looked sweet, but I never played those.
i know a glitch that helps in twillight princess- you get unlimited arrows and bombs
I'm gonna just throw this out there and say the end of OoT was a huge letdown for me. I finally went back and beat it recently and I was extremely disappointed in it, however, the rest of the game was fine. A Link to the Past is still my all time favourite game in the series, followed by Wind Waker.
(Jul. 17, 2009  9:05 AM)Spaceman Wrote: I'm gonna just throw this out there and say the end of OoT was a huge letdown for me. I finally went back and beat it recently and I was extremely disappointed in it, however, the rest of the game was fine. A Link to the Past is still my all time favourite game in the series, followed by Wind Waker.

i agree, ganon was wayyyyy too easy, even by oot standards

hell, the hardest boss in that game is like, shadow link and he's not even a boss

also phantom ganon is way harder than actual ganon
I agree completely, though I haven't gone back and beaten OoT in awhile.
My favorite Zelda game is definitely Windwaker (one of my favorite games of all time) followed by Majora's Mask.

Also, TP was a major letdown to me. It was way too easy. It seems it's harder on the Wii, but whatever.
My favorite one was A Link to the Past followed by OoT and TP. TP was really fun I dont see why people hate it so much
(Jul. 18, 2009  8:13 AM)Th3Jok3r Wrote: My favorite one was A Link to the Past followed by OoT and TP. TP was really fun I dont see why people hate it so much

(Jul. 18, 2009  5:37 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: It was way too easy.
Guess.

TBH, though, I don't hate it. It's just that after it being held back for however long that was I expected something amazing, especially after WW was just made. It didn't live up to my expectations, though. Over-anticipation, I believe.
Zelda is an awesome series. Link should really be Nintendos Mascot, not Mario.

Haven't beatn' a single one, becouse i suck at zelda. That doesn't keep me away from it, though.

Stuck in TP. The jungle place were you jump on the tree stumps.

I'll say it for you- FAIL
You decide.

Fat mustachioed italian plumber vs. Swordwielding elfish person with pointy green hat and annoying orb of light. [hey, LISTEN.]

Mario's blind rage at the princess' countless abductions results in uncalled for hostility against turtles, substance abuse [mushrooms], and in extreme cases, Furry cosplay.
[Image: 111px-TDS_Raccoon_Mario.jpg]
Link goes through dungeons and slaughters a variety of creatures, but has shown a variety of interests that compliment his character, ranging from bug collecting, to fishing, to chicken abuse. Clearly the man is deep.

In OoT, final ganon was piss-easy. I mean you didn't need the master sword at all.
Empty bottle and biggoron sword, and your fine.

"I abducted the princess"
"HAH"
"reduced a town to creepy facehumping zombies"
"HEII"
"I'm completely vulnerable, here playing the organ."
"HUAAAAAAAH!
"..."
"TENNIS"
Horrible, I know. Is this zelda? or topspin.
what a bad post
Agreed.
Lack of food. Gotta eat to cure my retarded posting.

Anyway, was bored and decided to replay TP.
Suddenly i'm not to eager to get back to it.
It's really hard to say which Zelda is my favorite, since all of the main console ones were brilliant for their own reasons.
OoT was amazing for the sheer sense of adventure, and epic scale, along with brilliant level design.
MM had a darker twist to it, brilliant character design, and nice use of the masks (being able to use 4 forms of Link made the game play really interesting), and the time relapse was a really nice way of reusing the same areas, yet keeping them interesting with multiple options for each of the days.
WW had a great toon style to it, and standing on the cliff tops after beating the first few Moblins will always be one of my favorite gaming moments. My only problem was it's length in comparison to OoT and MM, far too short : /
Twilight Princess was a great game. Level design was brilliant, the story was interesting, the boss battles were fun.
Think I'm going to have to go with MM, TP, OoT, WW in that order...
(Jul. 17, 2009  9:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i agree, ganon was wayyyyy too easy, even by oot standards

hell, the hardest boss in that game is like, shadow link and he's not even a boss

*Cringe* It took me a long time to finally defeat him, it was really annoying on top of the fact that he was in the most annoying dungeon as well. I aggre with you though, a mini boss was harder than the final boss. XD
When the first LoZ came out Nintendo was hyping it to be larger then Super Mario. That didn't happen.
(Jul. 26, 2009  8:23 PM)To Wrote: When the first LoZ came out Nintendo was hyping it to be larger then Super Mario. That didn't happen.

Maybe not, but you can't exactly call it a failure either. I'm sure Nintendo didn't have any qualms with Zelda's level of success.

By the way, anyone who thinks Legend of Zelda is playable in the year 2009 is insane.
I couldn't even get past the first level of the first zelda

I got bored.
(Jul. 26, 2009  8:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: By the way, anyone who thinks Legend of Zelda is playable in the year 2009 is insane.

Do you mean every game or just the ones that come out from now on, since Twilight princess?
I mean the original game.
(Jul. 26, 2009  9:41 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I mean the original game.

O, that's good then and I haven't even played the orignal one before so no worries when it comes to me. Wink
I can really say, Ocarina of time probably had a huge impact on my taste in video games and movies. I can only TRULY enjoy something if it has a good story, and feels...Epic. It dosen't have to be like...Lord of the Rings epic, but a story that I can really get behind is a must for me...and I probably wouldn't be like that had I never played OoT. Majora's Mask also has a special place in my heart. haha.

I might sound nerdy, but I was knee high to a grasshopper when I first played A Link to the Past...all of these games influenced me. haha
i don't think any game has ever affected me as much as oot has

i used to get up at 4 am so i could play before school. the only game that ever impacted my life the way oot did was probably pokemon blue
(Jul. 26, 2009  10:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: i don't think any game has ever affected me as much as oot has

i used to get up at 4 am so i could play before school. the only game that ever impacted my life the way oot did was probably pokemon blue

I'm no stranger to waking up early just to get in some game time. haha. Some people might think it's strange to say that a game affected someone, but man, kids are really impressionable, and I'm sure I'd be a little different now if I hadn't played OoT back then. I don't think I'd be one of those kids nowadays who play GTA and think it's cool to shoot people, I think you have to be pretty low on the genetic food chain to actually think that...but I do know that I was the only kid who was playing Final Fantasy VII and appreciating the plot, and not complaining about turn based battles. haha
i remember when i'd first played FF7 i'd never played an RPG before and kept trying to move cloud during the fight and had absolutely no clue what was going on
(Jul. 26, 2009  11:05 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: i remember when i'd first played FF7 i'd never played an RPG before and kept trying to move cloud during the fight and had absolutely no clue what was going on

Oh yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Then I was stuck at the Honey Bee Inn trying to dress Cloud up as a girl... -.-

But yeah, for me, all the new Zelda games just don't have the flare that OoT and Majora's mask did. I'll give credit where it's due though, it's hard to produce perfection more than once. haha