The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

(Mar. 30, 2009  6:05 PM)Pikachao Wrote: I hated jabu jabu's belly. I'm one of those people that I forget something really simple and get annoyed yet refuses to use a guide to the point where I'm plain sick of the game. I must have spent over 50 hours trying to do jabu jabu's belly because I thought I couldn't go back through a door but they shoved a switch in the corner of the room for it. D=

OK, I got annoyed with Jabu Jabu's Belly, but 50 hours? That's pathetic.
When I get a DSi this will be on my list along with Platnium of DS games to buy.
(Mar. 30, 2009  8:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: OK, I got annoyed with Jabu Jabu's Belly, but 50 hours? That's pathetic.

This is how stuck I get in these games, and I really wanted to beat it without a guide. Hence why I don't play them anymore. =/

It wastes too much time. Grinding I can live with because I'm making some sort of progress, weird puzzles that piss me off and I won't use a guide on... no. =[
Zelda games aren't that hard...=/
Except that one statue puzzle in Twilight Princess....
(Apr. 01, 2009  12:40 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Zelda games aren't that hard...=/
Except that one statue puzzle in Twilight Princess....

Did you play Ocarina of Time? Did you beat the Water Temple without a guide?
I did not even bother trying to beat water temple without a guide. After seeing all of my friends fail at it, I just used it from the get go. Saved me a lot of frustration, and I actually got to enjoy the game
I suck at zelda games full stop. Doesn't mean I don't find them fun, I'm just carp at the puzzles and after a while the camera angles and stuff make me feel a little ill sometimes on stuff like MM and OoT (not blaming the camera angles, I get sick easy from stuff like this).

Anyways, I mostly enjoy all the little secrets and stuff because somehow I manage to find ALL of those and never the main thing I'm looking for. xD
(Apr. 01, 2009  1:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Did you play Ocarina of Time? Did you beat the Water Temple without a guide?
I doubt it (probably looked that up as well, but I may be able to do it now), but it still wasn't that hard (hardest temple in the game, but there are much harder games out there).
(Apr. 02, 2009  7:58 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: I doubt it (probably looked that up as well, but I may be able to do it now), but it still wasn't that hard (hardest temple in the game, but there are much harder games out there).

You don't remember if you used a guide but you claim it wasn't that hard. Right. I'm not saying it's the most challenging level out there, but it's more than challenging enough.
(Apr. 02, 2009  8:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: You don't remember if you used a guide but you claim it wasn't that hard. Right. I'm not saying it's the most challenging level out there, but it's more than challenging enough.

I can safely say if someone only let me eat after I'd finished that temple, I'd probably be dead right now. D=

What is it that makes it hard? Just things that you have to do which are really obscure or covert? =/
There's a lot of backtracking involved based on the different water levels in different areas and it's hard to keep track of exactly where you need to be.
(Apr. 02, 2009  8:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: You don't remember if you used a guide but you claim it wasn't that hard. Right. I'm not saying it's the most challenging level out there, but it's more than challenging enough.

Well yes, I was much younger when I last played the game that far (it was atleast 4-5 years ago). I used guides on many games that I can now easily beat without guides. I've gotten much better at these kind of games. I agree that the water temple is challenging, though. He was just blowing everything out of porportion, saying even JabuJabu's belly was hard, which isn't at all and was a pretty short (I can beat it in maybe a half-hour, and I'm not exactly coordinated or good at video games) and straightforward dungeon (with an annoying miniboss, though).
I found JabuJabu's belly to be more confusing than difficult. I got lost a few times. And I hate carrying Ruto. And lord I hate that mini-boss.

The Water Temple is seriously a pain though.
i still havent beaten the water temple ugah
(Apr. 03, 2009  2:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I found JabuJabu's belly to be more confusing than difficult. I got lost a few times.

About this, I think I'm pretty good at remember patterns and whatnot, so it may be somewhat easier for me to find my way through the dungeons.
Are you guys talking about the mini-boss who went around in a circle? If so I remember; he was fun...
The Flame dude? He was a pain.
(Apr. 03, 2009  6:41 AM)Khel Wrote: Are you guys talking about the mini-boss who went around in a circle? If so I remember; he was fun...

To this day I don't understand the proper system to that, I just ran around following him and occasionally managed to hit him... o.O

What were you meant to do?
why is there a train

i would assume trains would be useless on small islands where everything takes less than 1min to walk to
(Apr. 03, 2009  5:08 PM)Pikachao Wrote: To this day I don't understand the proper system to that, I just ran around following him and occasionally managed to hit him... o.O

don't play games anymore
(Apr. 03, 2009  5:08 PM)Pikachao Wrote: To this day I don't understand the proper system to that, I just ran around following him and occasionally managed to hit him... o.O

I think you either hookshoted him or threw a bomb at him while he was spinning and then hit him with the sword when he turned into that small thing that ran around away from you. Catch him by going the opposite direction he ran, or get him right after you bombed/hookshotted him.

But, yeah, it was straightforward, and I'm sure the fairy told you how to beat it if you Z-targeted and then pressed the ^C button. =/ You just aren't the best at playing these kinds of games, are you?
(Apr. 06, 2009  9:45 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: I think you either hookshoted him or threw a bomb at him while he was spinning and then hit him with the sword when he turned into that small thing that ran around away from you. Catch him by going the opposite direction he ran, or get him right after you bombed/hookshotted him.

But, yeah, it was straightforward, and I'm sure the fairy told you how to beat it if you Z-targeted and then pressed the ^C button. =/ You just aren't the best at playing these kinds of games, are you?

you probably shouldn't talk considering you can't use the hookshot as kid link
(Apr. 06, 2009  11:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: you probably shouldn't talk considering you can't use the hookshot as kid link

Iceburn
He meant the miniboss in the fire temple as adult link if I'm not mistaken, Dodongo Caverns's miniboss were the Lizalfos......I'm still not sure if hookshotting him actually hurt him, though. (something besides bombs did, just I can't remember what for sure)
I thought he meant the giant octorok in Jabu Jabu's Belly.