The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra! (New Avatar Show)

(May. 30, 2012  1:15 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: The only problem I find with the show is the explination of Korra's difficulties learning air bending. In the original show, Aang had a hard time learning Earth Bending because Air was opposite of Earth in the cycle. By that logic, Korra should have difficulty learning Fire, as she is a water bender. However, in order to more heavily integrate Aang's son into the show and provide insight on learning a 4th element (an element which the previous avatar already knew so we never saw the training) it seems as if the rule was changed to now being the element that is the most difficukt for the Avatar to master is the element most opposite to the Avatar's personality, which for Korra is Air, and by that logic, for Aang, that would have been Fire. Confusing...

Anyway, I was disapointed to not see a new episode this past weekend. And I know they will be slower episodes compared to others, but sooner or later we need to see more Air Bending training episodes.

Considering how Korra already knows Water, Fire and Earth, and by the end of Book 1 she should know Air, then what will the next "books" be named? Curious...

Actually the opposite to Air is Earth and Aang did have trouble learning it. Yeah I want a new episode too.
Romours have been flooding around Internet that the episode on the weekend will be one hour long or episode 8 and 9 together.This might not happen but can't wait to see what will happen in the episode.
I am aware that air is opposite of earth, and fire is opposite of water. Its really a technical concern; it was explained that Aang had the hardest time learning Eearth because he is an air bender. It is explained for Korra that air is the hardest for her because it is opposite of her personality. Its kind of conflcting, unless you argue that Aang's personality is opposite of earth. Even then though, the explinations the shows provide conflict slightly

What I also like is how when the avatar in this show learns a new bending style, it doesnt just take 2 episodes...
It seems like Korra is a faster learner than Aang, since in the first episode, she was firebending and earthbending along with waterbending at a very young age, while Aang is 112 yrs old and he only knows airbending.(Kinda counting his iceberg experiences)
Aang learned everything in 1 year while korra took 10 or more years.
She was like 5. And I do see your point.
I don't think that is a valid comparison. Korra is naturally gifted; she was able to water, earth and fire bend without ANY training very early on in her life, way before she was 18 (the intended age the avatar is told of his/her identity). Korra also lives in a current time period where there is no world conflict; in other words, she is in no rush to save the world or anything, and has no need to push herself to learn all 4 elements quickly.

Aang on the other hand, basically had a choice after awaking from his century long nap; either learn all the 3 remaining elements NOW and save the planet, or we all die...

Now that Korra has a threat to peace to deal with, chances are, she will push herself more.

In addition, keep in mind that learning air bending is the basis for the 1st Season of Legend of Korra; rushing through learning it like the old show would produce a weak story...In comparison, each element book in the last Avatar series only took a few episodes to master, as learning the elements was an important aspect of the show, but it was not as important to the show's overlying conflict
Here's another vaild point: Korra has mastered the elements, while Aang didn't, he was just scaping by. In the episode where 'Team Avatar' is relaxing 3 days before Sozin's Comet, Zuko is attacking Aang to get him moving and training, and Toph and Katara say he needs a lot of training to shapen up his bending. 75 years later Korra has mastered Fire/Earth/Water bending to the point where she only practices with the Fire Ferrets and her Airbending, in the crisis with Amon. (I've only seen up to The Winner Is... so don't spoil The Aftermath for me guys!)
That's rubbish IMO. I really don't think Aang was only scraping by. Toph probably said that because he was gonna need everything he could muster. If the situation wasn't so dire she probably wouldn't have said it. Also Korra has no where near mastered the elements. If she had she could defeat her opponents with ease.
Her combat experience is lacking, and due to her young age and personality, she is inexperienced. She has "mastered" the 3 bending elements itself, in terns of knowing all there is to know about the moves, but now she must spiritualy master them, as the show stated, as well as improving her own personal physical ability abd technique. And then of course, there is air bending...
Did u guys notice that in Legend of Korra. Team Avatar has been losing a lot more than the old Team Avatar. Also Korra not being able to access her avatar state is starting to aggravate me. Aang entered it in the 2nd epispde of the entire series! Then again, Korra has not even begun her spiritual side at all.
Yeah I posted about that earlier in the thread. This series is completely different from the first due to having so many different challenges for the avatar. In some aspects it does make it more interesting but I wish she would have at least started to embrace her spiritual side. She'll probably do it when she's really in trouble then bring on the avatar state.
She will try doing it during episode 9.Just confirmed that on the http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com.It has all the new episode descriptions.
In my opinion Korra never looked on her spiritual side because it was never needed unlike aang who desperately needed to,Because he could never defeat the firenation by not going to the avatar state.Now because Amon has become too powerful with everyone(non-benders) supporting him,Korra now looks for ideas from aang.
I think I realized who Amon is. It's kinda weird, but it roughly fits. Anyone want to know my opinion?
Is it Zuko?
Zuko is still alive and he works as an ambasador.Also if it was Zuko then he could firebending and killing everyone rather than take away their bending.What idea do you have purple pony?
Be warned this is a big spoiler
-Yakone a ruthless bloodbender is the father of Turlok
-Tarlok and Amon are brothers
O MY GOD. Just saw the new episode! Holy carp, Tarrlock can bloodbend without the full moon. He destroyed Korra. And that new flashback, Tarrlock might be the son of the guy who was bloodbending everyone even Aang at day time. WTF everyone can do the special abilities that people struggled to do in the last airbender. Mako with lightning, metalbenders with metalbending, tarrlock with bloodbending........ It makes all the old cast knd of not special.
(Jun. 02, 2012  5:46 PM)beybladetiggy Wrote: Zuko is still alive and he works as an ambasador.Also if it was Zuko then he could firebending and killing everyone rather than take away their bending.What idea do you have purple pony?
Be warned this is a big spoiler
-Yakone a ruthless bloodbender is the father of Turlok
-Tarlok and Amon are brothers

I never said he wasn't. Clearly if he was him then he could have an alterior motive. If he actually wanted to get rid of bending he wouldn't use his own...

Keep in mind I haven't seen the newest episodes. Very very unlikely anyway even if you hadn't said Tarlok was Amon's brother.
Where did u get that tarrlock and Amon were brothers? The new episode didnt say that, it just gave a flasback of Yakone bloodbending.
Tarlok and Amon are both Tarloks sons.When aang killed Yakone,Amon got very angry and now he wants to avenge his father's death.Doesn't it all make sense and also Tarlok is a bloodbender and was probably taught by yakone his father.
Who the hell is Yakone? He hasn't even been in the anime yet.
You don't know Yakone.He is the crazy looking guy appearing in Korra flashbacks.He probably killed Suki.That's why sokka on the flashbacks looks angry and also that's why sokka doesn't have children.
Wait wait. You cant just assume this u dont know any of that yet until it comes out.
Here's a prove:- http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Yakone
and also if you want latest clips and news subscribe to AvatarJesal on Youtube
That didn't prove they were his sons at all.