20.00%
Katniss
20.00%
Peeta
40.00%
Other
20.00%
Total: 100% 10 vote(s)
(Mar. 31, 2012  11:22 PM)IHateNoobs Wrote: I came here expecting only spoilers for book 1, thanks a lot Temporal, I mad now. (@ First page post)

If this is a Hunger Games thread, we shouldn't need to specify which book, cuz this is the series on the whole, where anyone can talk about any book.
Also, "spoilers" are called "spoilers" for a reason. Wink

Maybe we should put up this sign on each thread:
PLEASE SPOIL RESPONCIBILY LOL

Also, you should probably read the rest of the books. They rock!
I plan to read the whole series (Haven't read any of them, just seen the movie.) Just need to buy and find spare time to read them.
Someone dared me to eat as many peeps as i can and for each i received $1.i ate 20 for $20. I barfed in the middle of the movie missing peeta and that girl kiss in the cave/hole thing.
I went to a japanese bookstore (not really a japanese book store with books that are written in japanese) last week and I read a lot of it and it was a really good book and was better than any other noncartoon book.
Our english assessment for the term is to read this book. i enjoy so far. I find it amazing that everyone luvs this book. Yet it is about killing kids between 12 to 18 or something. I like how all of a sudden Prim is pulled out of the ball thing
(Apr. 07, 2012  12:01 PM)Twitter Maniac Wrote: Our english assessment for the term is to read this book.

Lucky, for the holidays I have to research Poetry. QQ I want to read them so badly, just don't have any of the books, can I read them online somewhere? (Assuming it's not illegal to do so that is.)

(Apr. 08, 2012  10:18 AM)IHateNoobs Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2012  12:01 PM)Twitter Maniac Wrote: Our english assessment for the term is to read this book.

Lucky, for the holidays I have to research Poetry. QQ I want to read them so badly, just don't have any of the books, can I read them online somewhere? (Assuming it's not illegal to do so that is.)

Do u have any friends with these books? U could borrow them. But you should really get these books. Im up to page 100 first book.
I was actually annoyed with how many characters I really like
died. ESPECIALLY the first listed Crying
I finished the trilogy Wed. I just didn't like how they just left majer characters dead or gone. SPOILER ALERT: what happened to cressidia and pollux
I watched it with a couple of friends and it was AWESOME. the most scary part for me was when the bulldog things charged at the screen
I liked the movie, sure there were a few parts that weren't in the book, but the movie and the boo were still pretty equal. I've seen it twice so far and loved it both times. I can't wait for the second one. And I'm expecting a lot of (KIND OF A SPOILER ALERT)
What did you guys expect? They had to get rid of some things from the book to add new ones. But it could be worse. I was totally disappointed by not seeing the Avox Girl (Lavinia is her name). But the makers said that the Avox thing was not needed.
i saw the movie and read the sires now I'm reading the hunger pains lmao look it up
(Apr. 08, 2012  6:15 PM)BeyCenter Wrote: I liked the movie, sure there were a few parts that weren't in the book, but the movie and the boo were still pretty equal. I've seen it twice so far and loved it both times. I can't wait for the second one. And I'm expecting a lot of (KIND OF A SPOILER ALERT)

Going a little off-topic. But most books that are made into a movie have to change a bit because it would be too predictable. Same happened with DOAWK ( Diary of a Wimpy Kid ) series.
oww i love hunger games. my favorite character is cinna <3
Going to see it on Thurs, anything i should be worried about? Scary wise?
The book was WOAH ! But the movie was meh .
(Apr. 15, 2012  12:38 PM)Sushii Wrote: The book was WOAH ! But the movie was meh .

...please actually elaborate on your thoughts, rather than... doing this...
Just saw the movie today (after weeks of my sister's nagging and borderline death-threats) and I thought the movie was great nice build-up to the actual Hunger Games and the characters were interesting and enjoyable (really enjoyed Effie's character the most can't really explain why though) the shakey cam got out of hand during the action scenes but that was my only gripe with the movie. I am now currently reading the trilogy, I love the series so far and the movie was a nice indoctrination.
Oh, Madge wasn't in it...That's why they changed how Katniss got the mockingjay pin.
And there not bulldog things, they are wolflike muttatations, that are fused with the dead tributes in the first book.
Yeah my sis told me about those changes. I personally thought that the movie would be rated R if the "wolves" had the faces of dead tributes. It would give most people nightmares
I was creeped out when I read that part Tongue_out
Though my sister and I were mighty pissed when Peeta and Katniss were dragged to the Quarter Quell in Catching Fire....
Just got finished with the first book today. I've gotta say,
's death was reeeeeally gruesome. Overall it was a pretty nice book; hopefully I can pick up Catching Fire soon.
That reminds me, I still got to read the rest of Mockingjay.