The Hardest Games you've ever played! (Elaborate)

(Mar. 26, 2017  11:20 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Not used this thread in a while now so I can hopefully get away with having two posts in a row. It's been almost a year now and for the longest time, Silver Surfer has been the most difficult game I have played, I think that title might have to go to Battletoads in Battlemaniac now. I mean I haven't played it that much yet and my impression of it's difficulty is similar to the original when I first played that but it seems like a game that can only be won by two players when the friendly fire option is switched off. As of now, I beat Silver Surfer but have yet to beat Battletoads in Battlemaniacs. During this time, I've also played other difficult games too, and here is my current top 10 hardest video games I've played:

10. Around the World in 80 Days (GBA)

9. Ghost N Goblins (NES)

8. Ninja Gaiden (NES)

7. Tintin in Tibet (Sega Megadrive)

6. Transformers: Convoy No Nazo (Famicom)

5. Dark Castle (Sega Genesis)

4. Battletoads (NES)

3. Space Ace (SNES)

2. Silver Surfer (NES)

1. Battletoads in Battlemaniac (SNES)

And yeah, I know it's ironic that Silver Surfer is 2nd hardest and therefore in silver text...

I don't wanna sound pretentious or anything but as a gamer and game developers, most of those games rely on being patient and have quick reflexes, but aside from the that the games aren't particularly long so games like Ghouls (or ghosts) & Goblins could be complete in an afternoon. Also silver surfer isn't similar to games like R-type and gradius to an extent and can also be completed fairly quickly. It's just my opinion tho as I've never found those super difficult. 

Although I am having trouble on the last world of super meat boy.

I'd say the toughest game I've played is probably Ark Survival, not because it's a particularly tough game, but because you have to build equipment that would survive while you're not on the game (number of times my body was found dead by a Dino when I logged in). Also if you didn't put your stuff in boxes and your character dies while you are logged on or off your stuff disappears 30 minutes after.

Other toughest games would be MGS games, they're all normally pretty tough and since I haven't got the patience for them anymore they're even tougher.

Could say Prince of Persia: Warrior within was difficult at one level, because I was stuck in a pitch black room, with no guidance to get out and there was no online guidance at the time either. I was stuck for weeks in this room, till my cousin decides to pick up a weapon and just throw it. It ricocheted of a wall and hit a button that opened a door in the room
@[KiddLamy], yeah it's true that these games aren't long, and my patience normally varies with these games, normally depending on how determined I am to beat it or especially if I'm having fun with it, a good number of these games aren't fun because it's difficult due to bad or stiff controls like Ghost N Goblins, I probably had more patience with it than usual when I did come to complete it. However, I don't think it should always be a game of "I'll eventually beat it if I just keep going, regardless if I don't feel like I practiced",  I want it to be based on my skills and quick thinking rather than conquering the law of averages. Really horrible games like Around The World In 80 Days didn't deserve my patience because it was so awful, I only beat it out of sheer will power, not because I was having fun and wanting to give it patience. Games like Bubsy 3D or Rascal, while not more difficultly designed like many on this list does not deserve my patience, it's not harder than the other games but the difficulty mainly comes from the intolerance, not to mention their programming sucks.

EDIT: I think that being patient works for games that have unlimited continues or a save, because you can continually keep going at that same level, some of the games here that have no or limited continues don't give you enough time to die and try again, so they generally take longer because you have to start from scratch, and to get through, you'd have to be able to practice the later levels enough times till you can beat it, and thats only if you don't die in earlier levels.
Battletoads
Probably Kirby's Adventure. I actually never finished it and I think it was because I got frustrated with certain ways to kill enemies. I know there was one enemy that was standing in water and that water did just enough to mess with me. Also, I wasn't able to make really any progress on any of the bosses without looking up a guide/how-to on them.
(Jul. 22, 2017  3:12 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Probably Kirby's Adventure. I actually never finished it and I think it was because I got frustrated with certain ways to kill enemies. I know there was one enemy that was standing in water and that water did just enough to mess with me. Also, I wasn't able to make really any progress on any of the bosses without looking up a guide/how-to on them.

Hey! Long time no see! I haven't played Kirby's Adventure yet believe it or not.