The Hardest Games you've ever played! (Elaborate)

So this thread is to discuss about those games you've played that really have you a hard time! That you've had a hard time beating or couldn't beat, what do you think is the hardest games you've ever played?... And since you know I talk about hard games a lot, here's a thread for it.

Well for me:

Silver Surfer (NES):

The hardest game I've ever played, this took me about six months of continual practice to actually beat. It's an autoscrolling shooter where you play as the Silver Surfer. What makes this hard is that your character sprite is HUGE, and there are tight spaces you have to manoeuvre through and everything on screen is there to attack you. When using a normal NES controller like I did, you have to press the button rapidly to keep on shooting, as opposed to holding down and it tires your hand really quickly. Oh and one thing that makes this game really hard is that you hit anything, whether they are normal enemies, their projectiles or WALLS, and only once, you die! The levels autoscroll too so you have to do things quickly and sometimes you don't expect them. The zones are split into three acts having some overhead and some side-scrolling, then it still has one LAST LEVEL! The last level is extremely difficult like the rest of the game and the idea is that you collect power ups to be stronger when shooting but if you die, you lose them all, and some stages require it, playing this on a normal NES is near impossible, and once I beat it, I got a headache from it, oh and you only get three continues and five lives each time, it's the hardest game I've ever played and I've played Battletoads and Dark Souls...

So before I mention other hard ones, let's say Silver Surfer in a difficulty scale for me was 100/100, I'll scale the less harder ones with that.

Battletoads (NES):

Everyone who is familiar with hard NES games should probably know this, this is a relentlessly difficult game much like Silver Surfer, however instead of throwing everything at you, there are certain levels that require you jump or/and move with twitch fast reflexes and you need reflexes of a ninja to get through some of the more stingy and specific sections. Many players lose to the third level, the Turbo Tunnel, and this level did make me struggle for a while, it's now an easy level I can breeze through, but same cannot be said for the rest of the game from Level 5, and after Level 8, the stages are crazy hard and you really got to react quickly. Unlike Silver Surfer, you have a health bar although some can instantly kill you and they have a ton of gameplay variety you need to adapt to, the Final Boss is a God Send compared to the level previous to it but will still catch you off guard, a hard one that took me nearly a year to beat.

Difficulty: 99/100

Tintin In Tibet (Sega Genesis/Megadrive):

Yeah, as requested by MissingNo., this game is really challenging and there's a few reasons for that. Well for one, Tintin is really really sluggish, and practically anything that moves can hurt him, you need quick reflexes to avoid some of these obstacles. Now, it's not got the super fast and unexpected obstacles like in Battletoads or tons of enemies shooting you but what it has is, or rather doesn't have is continues, YES, there is no continues nor saves, and the game is quite slow and lengthy! You only get three hits and three lives and barely any 1UPs and THATS IT, so it's a miracle how I got through it.

Difficulty: 95/100

Transformer: Convoy No Nazo (Famicom):

Oh this game is really unfair, and not very fun. Now being difficult doesn't mean it's bad, but the challenge here is just awful. Like Silver Surfer, you can't get hit and there are tons of projectiles, the controls are too floaty and often lead to me jumping in the wrong places. The enemies are also way too fast and they can take shots at you where you cannot hit them. This was a game I got really frustrated on and I declare it as the WORST TAKARA product ever, as there's nothing fun about it, now it's not an autoscroller like Silver Surfer, it's a side scrolling platformer, so what makes it easier is, apart from that is that you can use a button combination for unlimited continues, which is nice but without it, I doubt it's possible.

Difficulty: 97/100

Ghost N Goblins (NES):

Oh I'm sure nearly any NES player knows this one and yes, it is as hard as everyone makes it out to be, it wouldn't have been until 6-7 months later till I beat this game, albeit I didn't practice it as much as Silver Surfer (NES). Basically what makes this hard is that the character you control, Sir Author is extremely stiff and it feels like I had to force the D-pad to get him to move, it's also a little finicky to jump around, but the worst part is that once he jumps, he cannot change directions and sometimes the jump doesn't respond, but the enemies are much faster and reflexes don't always help at that. The only good weapons are the knife as it is really fast and shoots are rapid fire speed compared to the rest, and the default weapon javelin is okay but not that rapid fire. There's a time limit for the stages so they has to be beaten fast. The worst part is that you have to beat the game twice to get the real ending, and the second run is harder too. The only things making it easier than games like Silver Surfer (NES) is that you can get hit more than once, the enemies aren't as numerous, can touch walls and of course, unlimited continues, however it's more stiff as well.

Difficulty: 94/100

Dark Castle (Sega Genesis):

Yes I am aware that this is just a terrible port of a better PC game, as the transition from using the mouse to a D-pad was a stupid idea. The reason this game is so hard is that you can only be hit once, and attacking an enemy using the poor aiming controls from the D-pad, what's worse is that even when hitting them with rocks, either more enemies will come in the screen quickly or that they don't die. But the big problem is that the controls are horrible, and it makes doing nearly anything difficult, even stairs or JUST JUMPING! The game is only 2-12 minutes long if you know how to beat it, but it's really stiff and the game is unfairly difficult. So far, this is the only game on the list that I haven't beaten just yet.

Difficulty: 97/100

I'll update this later.
Sonic 2k6.
it was so bad and hard to play that i almost threw my controller at the tv screen. crappy level design, impossible to play and the only thing holding the game in any is the story but that's it.
Geometry Dash.

it's insane. if you don't know what it is, see this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sNw5L6nKfo

that is the hardest level currently. this is the most diffficult i have managed to beat, and it took me over 1000 tries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6HpsV4__X8
it's like silver surfer i guess, because you only have one shot before you restart.

it is very difficult.
Osu!

Simply put, it's been 360 hours of non stop play and I still suck.

Also this

Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Seems easy at first... but then it turns into, literally a bullet hell...
(Apr. 27, 2016  12:15 PM)KingofDarkness0 Wrote: Sonic 2k6.
it was so bad and hard to play that i almost threw my controller at the tv screen. crappy level design, impossible to play and the only thing holding the game in any is the story but that's it.

Funny story is that when I first watched Clementj64's review of Sonic 2006, he pointed out so many problems that it made the game look super hard and reaching the final boss a miracle. When I played it, it was definitely pretty hard, especially for a modern Sonic game that isn't Unleashed or Lost World.

It's definitely still one of the harder Sonic games but mainly due to it being unfinished, and even then, looking back, it now seems tame compared to Silver Surfer or Battletoads.

@[1234beyblade] I think I've heard of that game and some even say it's like Silver Surfer (NES), which prolly means it's super hard.
I've was having a bit of trouble with Batman Arkham Asylum just now as i downloaded it on xbox recently for $4.99 and decided to play it on hard mode. God Damn the Bane boss on hard mode is a trial i am imagine it's only get harder as i go through the game. It doesn't help that when you rip one of the toxin things that bane uses people start falling down to beat the carp out of you and you have to do while dodging rampaging charges and throwing stuff at you. I almost came close to beating it but then i either get hit by thugs or i get a rock thrown at me one or the other.
I personally haven't played the game yet, but good luck with it.

I'll update my OP and add more hard games later.
I mean i did beat the game and most of the arkham series on normal mode so it's no pressure but i want to complete the arkhams for sentimental value that's why. The thing that annoys me are the riddler trophies. Those were alway a pain...
So I have updated my list with two more games.
no offense jinbee, but i looked up battletoads, and geometry dash gives you less of a reaction time, and has more obstacles/ways to die. geometry dash is most likely much harder, though ive never played battletoads so i wouldnt know.
How can you compare a game from another if you haven't even tried both of them ?
(Apr. 27, 2016  7:43 PM)mudorios Wrote: no offense jinbee, but i looked up battletoads, and geometry dash gives you less of a reaction time, and has more obstacles/ways to die. geometry dash is most likely much harder, though ive never played battletoads so i wouldnt know.

Well it's much much harder than it looks past Level 3. Regardless if it's even easier it won't change the fact that it's still hard on it's on.
(Apr. 27, 2016  7:43 PM)mudorios Wrote: no offense jinbee, but i looked up battletoads, and geometry dash gives you less of a reaction time, and has more obstacles/ways to die. geometry dash is most likely much harder, though ive never played battletoads so i wouldnt know.

In addition to my previous post, Geometry Dash and Battletoads are two completely different games. Geometry Dash is only about rythm and reflex, while Battletoads need more skills to avoid getting hurt while fighting stuff, (correct me if I'm wrong J.I.N.B.E.E!, I never reached the second level, haha)

In conclusion, you really can't compare an old game and a recent game with two completely different gameplay and claim that one is harder than the other. They are just too different to be compared.
(Apr. 27, 2016  8:55 PM)MissingNo. Wrote:

In addition to my previous post, Geometry Dash and Battletoads are two completely different games. Geometry Dash is only about rythm and reflex, while Battletoads need more skills to avoid getting hurt while fighting stuff, (correct me if I'm wrong J.I.N.B.E.E!, I never reached the second level, haha)

In conclusion, you really can't compare an old game and a recent game with two completely different gameplay and claim that one is harder than the other. They are just too different to be compared.

I think Geometry Dash is sort of like Flappy Birds but it has an ending. It's basically a test of reflexes but Battletoads requires a lot of different skills. Like you said, they're different type of games.
true, they are different, and i shouldnt have tried to compare them. but this brought a question to mind. have you played geometry dash? and if so, what levels have you passed? i have beaten stereo madness, back on track, polargeist, dry out, base after base, can't let go, jumper, time machine, cycles, x-step, and blast processing. now that i think about it that's quite a lot.
(Apr. 27, 2016  11:20 PM)mudorios Wrote: true, they are different, and i shouldnt have tried to compare them. but this brought a question to mind. have you played geometry dash? and if so, what levels have you passed? i have beaten stereo madness, back on track, polargeist, dry out, base after base, can't let go, jumper, time machine, cycles, x-step, and blast processing. now that i think about it that's quite a lot.

I'll download it and see how far I can get.

I recommend you try Battletoads (NES). If you don't have an original NES like I do, just use an emulator without any saves and try it for yourself.
(Apr. 27, 2016  11:22 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2016  11:20 PM)mudorios Wrote: true, they are different, and i shouldnt have tried to compare them. but this brought a question to mind. have you played geometry dash? and if so, what levels have you passed? i have beaten stereo madness, back on track, polargeist, dry out, base after base, can't let go, jumper, time machine, cycles, x-step, and blast processing. now that i think about it that's quite a lot.

I'll download it and see how far I can get.

I recommend you try Battletoads (NES). If you don't have an original NES like I do, just use an emulator without any saves and try it for yourself.

wish i could use an emulator, a laptop's all i got.
Well you can always download an emulator, it's free although it's something I personally don't use.

Anyway I think Geometry Dash is pretty fast and intense, but the real challenge for me is to stop myself from playing it, it's so addicting and unlike Flappy Birds, fun as well.

EDIT: Okay so far I think the levels with the smiley faces are obviously the easiest, though the ones with angry faces will catch me off guard.
yes, it is very addicting. i have a highscrore of 70% on geometrical dominator and am not looking forward to clutterfunk. lol. tip: once you beat base after base, NOTHING IS EASY! tell me once you've beaten a level.
(Apr. 28, 2016  12:06 AM)mudorios Wrote: yes, it is very addicting. i have a highscrore of 70% on geometrical dominator and am not looking forward to clutterfunk. lol. tip: once you beat base after base, NOTHING IS EASY! tell me once you've beaten a level.

Well I have beaten the first four levels so far.

So are you gonna try Battletoads NES?
umm, probably not going to try battletoads. I will probably forget about it quickly. to be honest, you're very good if you've already beaten the first four levels that quickly. it took me months to get through levl 4, but now it's easy for me.
(Apr. 28, 2016  12:31 AM)mudorios Wrote: umm, probably not going to try battletoads. I will probably forget about it quickly. to be honest, you're very good if you've already beaten the first four levels that quickly. it took me months to get through levl 4, but now it's easy for me.

Well compared to Silver Surfer or Battletoads, the first four levels are nothing, the later ones on the other hand could be comparable.
FNAF.I just can't play without freaking out every 2 minutes.

F/GO because..It's jn Japanese.
(May. 05, 2016  4:38 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: FNAF.I just can't play without freaking out every 2 minutes.

I think FNAF 4 is quite hard, and I think F/GO would be easier if it was in English so, just don't play it if you don't understand Japanese.
(May. 05, 2016  12:30 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(May. 05, 2016  4:38 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: FNAF.I just can't play without freaking out every 2 minutes.

I think FNAF 4 is quite hard, and I think F/GO would be easier if it was in English so, just don't play it if you don't understand Japanese.

Yeah,especially since the game play is quite different to it's prequels.

I kinda have a translator for it,though.Haha.