The Fine Arts (A Story Written Backwards!)

(Jun. 05, 2011  2:11 AM)Light Yagami Wrote: this isnt a beyblade story so why gave him a beyblade charcter

Exactly our point. This story is awesome! I can see why Titan Blader wants you to Co-Write all his stories!
i know he is also co-writing my story
I like to co-write as many stories as I can, because it gives me opportunities to take on all sorts of stories. It's more interesting that way.

And as for this little misconception about the beyblade, I apologize. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when I said that you get a character profile. I meant that you would get a character in this story, but he wouldn't be a beyblader. Don't worry, I just won't add the bey if you're OK with the profile.
Ok, I think I've taken long enough. Chapter 19!

Chapter 19: Gone, As We Know It

I cowered in disbelief as a horrid creature began to arise from the ground, suffocating the air with smoke and the smell of sulfur. I backed away as the mass began to take shape, much like that of a human being. It rose, taller, taller, almost seeming to reach space-and beyond. My eyes widened in fear; it didn't take 15 years of knowledge on this planet to know this looked like trouble. Knowing things would only get worse, I turned tail and signaled to Jason and Anna it was time to run. The three of us bolted, our eyes turned away from the new enemy looming over the New York sky line. We sprinted away at full flight, but it was too late. A massive fist hit the ground in front of us like a hammer, sending our bodies flying through the air. I crashed into the ground with a gut wrenching crunch, and a massive pain split my ribs. "Uuugh..." I moaned, making a poor attempt to rise. Jason was to my left, his blond hair covered in so much soot that it looked like it had been spray painted black. Anna was to my right, her beautiful eyes closed shut. Again, I tried to rise, but a searing pain shot up my chest, forcing me to the ground again. I knew I had to act fast, before the Shadow saw us here. It knew we were a threat, and wanted to eliminate us-fast. My powers were all I had left now. Managing to get on all fours, I thought up a line:

"Ethan barely managed to rise, shaking off the pains in his side. To his left and right, Jason and Anna found the strength to stand up, and ran beside Ethan."

Sure enough, the two found the power to rise and stand by me, both looking shaken up but no worse for wear. A small glimmer of relief washed over me, and I felt better. The feeling didn't last for long though, because right at that moment, the Shadow went haywire.

Debris flew everywhere, and the sound screams filled the air. The Shadow was destroying everything, smashing buildings and houses, people and trees, everything anything that was 3 dimensional. Without saying anything, the three of us sprang into action, rebuilding buildings or attacking the Shadow. It smashed through the Empire State Building, sending huge chunks of concrete and metal at us. The smoke in the air was thick, and the rubble-piled streets were teeming with frightened people. The Shadow passed Ground Zero and then...NO!

I've decided that I like this story idea so much that I'm going to actually try to lengthen the story on word documents, doubling the amount of chapters and changing the ending, or rather, the beginning. If anyone dare try to steal this idea, I will proceed to rip out your spine and form it into a pretty sculpture.

No, I can't make threats. But still, I really want to patent this idea when I get older so please try not to copy it Smile.
amazing story cant wait for next chapter
(Jun. 05, 2011  8:26 PM)Light Yagami Wrote: amazing story cant wait for next chapter

Cool, thanks. The next chapter won't be soon though because finals are making my schedule nothing short of hectic.
i also cant wait for the next chapter.
It amazes me how you come up with these stories. I foresee a career in writing novels in line for you Grin
And writing it backwards... strange idea, but it works! Imagine writing the whole book backwards, including the words and letters... God, that would be crazily hard to read!
(Jun. 05, 2011  10:00 PM)Manicben Wrote: i also cant wait for the next chapter.
It amazes me how you come up with these stories. I foresee a career in writing novels in line for you Grin
And writing it backwards... strange idea, but it works! Imagine writing the whole book backwards, including the words and letters... God, that would be crazily hard to read!

.krow tn'dluow ti tub yrt dluoc I

Haha, tell me if you can read that Smile

And thanks for the comment, I plan on one day rewriting this book with this idea and selling it.
yep it was easy to read. I got the skills... My awesomeness... Tongue_out
No, im joking. It takes me ages to actually write something backwards, and just a little while to read something...
Reading a whole book like that can kill... Grin

And btw, I would actually buy all of your books if they came over to the UK. I can see awards being given for your books. Im not joking!
Anyway, the wait for the next chapter is killing me... slowly and painfully...
i could read it to and plz make the next chapter soon yep its that damn good
and like manicben said i can also see your books getting many many awards because they are amazing
Thank you both, but I apologize. Finals are driving me 'around the bend', so I won't be able to update until after school ends, or sometime around the middle of june.
No worries. Writing books takes a long time. Some authors take years to write a book...
(Dont take THAT long though!)
(Jun. 06, 2011  7:16 PM)Manicben Wrote: No worries. Writing books takes a long time. Some authors take years to write a book...
(Dont take THAT long though!)

Ok, I'll try.

It probably won't matter though, because I'm going to write it when I'm out of College, 7 or 8 years from now Tired I don't think taking a long time will make a difference...
then i look foward to 7 or 8 yerars into the future
(Jun. 07, 2011  12:51 AM)Light Yagami Wrote: then i look foward to 7 or 8 yerars into the future

Haha, ok, thanks. The next chapter will be up in a few weeks...
sad face. i have to wait a couple weeks before the next chpter is up