The DragonBall/Z/Super/etc. thread

who here is a fan of dragonball z or DBZ i enjoyed watching this show as a kid and i still watch it tell me your opinions about it i loved tis show so mucbh
MEEEE! I'm a HARDCORE fan. This summer I watched the full series in 3 weeks. It was about 6-8 hours a day watching, it was so fun. I wanna get the movies now. And all the manga's, I have a couple
(Nov. 09, 2010  1:41 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: MEEEE! I'm a HARDCORE fan. This summer I watched the full series in 3 weeks. It was about 6-8 hours a day watching, it was so fun. I wanna get the movies now. And all the manga's, I have a couple

wow you are a hardcore fan dbz is one of the best Anime out in the world i wish it was still going on my fav character is gohan DBGT killed Gohan's power so much i hated it
They made all the enemies so powerful that only ssj4 goku could beat them. What's is your favorite part of ALL of the dragon ball series?
Well my favorite parts were the cell saga when ssj1 teen gohan went ssj2 teen gohan and like raped cell metaphorically and the Majin Buu Saga when a lot of the characters were fusing and when they were fighting super buu when he absorbed goku's friends and family
i like it a lot too. I wanna see some dragonball af even knowing its fan made but its still good! I only read a few chapters of dbaf... i started watchin dbz like 9 or 8 years ago and i still like it.
Now there's that show called DBZ Kai. It's basically a pollished version of the original DBZ. Also it's moving faster than the original.
yeah... but why waste time on making it shorter, am i right... >.>
(Nov. 09, 2010  2:30 AM)Samkiwas Wrote: yeah... but why waste time on making it shorter, am i right... >.>

yes you are the only thing i don't like about dbz kai is the music i want the Bruce Faulconer music/soundtrack back
Dragon ball af stands for April fools. It is NOT an official part of dragon ball z, because it is fan made!

Dragon ball z Kai sucks. It goes way to fast, I hate the new voice actors, mr popo is blue! After I saw mr popo being blue like a balloon, I stopped watching because they completely ruined it. If I had a choice, I would stop airing dragon ball z kai, it is a discrace to true DBZ fans.
MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE love that show it the best anime ever.I like the old actors,gohans new voice is ear splitting.Vegetas old voice was way more evil sounding.
This thread is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Nov. 09, 2010  3:51 AM)Quetzel Wrote: This thread is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't you relevant to today's internet.
(Nov. 09, 2010  3:18 AM)UltimateChimera Wrote: MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE love that show it the best anime ever.I like the old actors,gohans new voice is ear splitting.Vegetas old voice was way more evil sounding.

Vegeta's voice is the same in dragon ball z kai. It is still Christopher sabat,and so are all the other voices Christopher sabat does. He is the producer. It may sound different to you, but it is the same actor, it just has been redone and the lines are different in dragon ball z Kai.
um what if bardock camee back and acually met kakarot in his current state
@SSJFisherman I know but in the old one,Vegeta sounds more evil(my opinion)Uncertain
UltimateChimera- sorry i was i little harsh sounding, i didnt mean to.

Yeah, and as the show progresses, and he becomes nicer, his voice becomes softer.
The funniest thing vegeta ever did was the episode in dbgt when he shaved his mustache. I laughed so hard
I used to be quite a fan, IIRC, wasn't DBGT not a part of the actual series written by Akira Toriyama?
I really like the series (not GT) But Dragon Ball Evolution killed it for me

i met the guy who plays as goku in the london expo and dragonballz was awesome dint really like it as much but the games are awesome along with pokemon
(Nov. 09, 2010  2:57 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I used to be quite a fan, IIRC, wasn't DBGT not a part of the actual series written by Akira Toriyama?

correct, it wasn't.

but GT was still fun to watch.

DBZ's Buu saga was ridiculous though.. Gohan wasn't even in there for over an episode against Buu and already eaten, so hilarious.. and in the end, the writers probably ran out of ideas so they ended it with a spirit bomb >.> (admittedly it was cool/emotional but there were a lot cooler ways to end it D: )
(Nov. 09, 2010  2:57 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I used to be quite a fan, IIRC, wasn't DBGT not a part of the actual series written by Akira Toriyama?
You're right it's not written by akira toriyama, but it is still part of the "dragon ball" series. It continues 10 years after DBZ ends.(in the storyline)
My point is that it shouldn't really be counted as part of the Dragon Ball series, as it wasn't written by the creator of Dragon Ball and thus should be treated as a doujinshi, of sorts.

i.e, SSJ3 was originally "full power" <- again, off the top of my head, so feel free to correct me.
I'm glad that they brought back the original Dragon Ball Z cartoons, just don't understand why they added a "Kai" at the end. My favorite legacy had to be the Freeza (SP?). Since that is the only legacy where I saw a whole planet get destroyed in an epic battle. Other than Vegeta's home that is.
Well it's a "remastered" version, so I guess that kind of counts for something.