The Dark Knight Rises

If they are going to use Bane, he had better have his full intellect in tact.
(May. 30, 2011  1:41 PM)Dude Wrote: I kind of wanted to see the Riddler in here, though. He's also a very realistic villain: Just a madman who can't help it but to leave clues to solve his crimes all over the place. Since insanity takes many forms, it could happen. This is good, because the Batman movies, while excellent, haven't really used the fact that Batman is the world's greatest detective. So it would have been cool to see Batman's intellect at work.
Who knows? We just might see him. It would totally make the movie better with suspense.

Thresher
They probably will, seeing it won't be hard to make someone look huge and act huge since it has been done in previous movies.
Actually, Bane is a genius who has outsmarted Batman (who is considered to be the greatest detective in the DC Universe. Actually, second to Tim Drake potentially.) I think that was what Thresher was referring to. In the comics Bane is definitely not just some super muscle guy. There's no way that someone who is just strong could be such a big threat to Batman.
(Jun. 06, 2011  6:32 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: In the comics Bane is definitely not just some super muscle guy.

He certainly is in the movie interpretation (Batman and Robin, I believe) and he pretty much only relies on muscles, in the cartoons, too.

Let's just hope that Chistopher Nolan indeed uses the comic book version and not...well, any other version.

EDIT: Also, Bane is played by Tom Hardy, who I really can't imagine doing a "bersek-like crazy-man" performance, so they'll probably go for a much more subtle Bane.
(Jun. 06, 2011  6:32 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Actually, Bane is a genius who has outsmarted Batman (who is considered to be the greatest detective in the DC Universe. Actually, second to Tim Drake potentially.) I think that was what Thresher was referring to. In the comics Bane is definitely not just some super muscle guy. There's no way that someone who is just strong could be such a big threat to Batman.
I hope so, and that they won't be going stereotypical. Anyways, you're right. Even some new and old cartoons of Batman describe Bane as a scientist. Though, not as uch as a muscle man.

Dude, that's good to know. I'll add it in the OP. I find Nolan's experiences, from the last movie, making Joker more subtle than he is; that is not the way he was described in comics, though.
(May. 15, 2011  2:47 AM)omegazero Wrote: ohhhh i love batman!and i actualy cant wait im already twitching from waiting for arkem city but i sorta hope pengain and the riddler are in.ivy would also be fun.

actualy? arkem? pengain? again, TYPO! EPIC FAIL
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79740

Teaser trailer.
Thank you, JAEMS. Very heart-breaking teaser as well. Poor guy (I could not recognize the ill person that well, is that Gordon?).
Teaser indeed. Showed me nothing. Told me nothing.

Incidentally, that's how much my interest in this film currently is.
I'm also kinda disappointed by this trailer.

At least we saw bits of what Bane will look like (Which is much more intimidating than his Batman and Robin counterpart)
Michael Keaton will always be the best Bruce Wayne/ Batman ever.
Wait, I'm confused, are they ending Batman? Wow. Just wow.

Anyways, at least we know Bane is very, very important.
I saw that exact same trailer when i saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2. I nearly Exploded in my seat due to excitement, but the trailer didn't show much at all, I see why its a teaser obviously. I was waiting for an official trailer for a while now, but this is not much. oh well, at least is is something.
(Jul. 18, 2011  5:53 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: Thank you, JAEMS. Very heart-breaking teaser as well. Poor guy (I could not recognize the ill person that well, is that Gordon?).

Yes it was Gordon.

(Jul. 18, 2011  9:29 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Wait, I'm confused, are they ending Batman? Wow. Just wow.

We've known for a while that this was the last of the trilogy.
This is the last Batman film until the next Batman film.

Whether or not Nolan, or Bale will be attached matters not. It will continue on.
Well I was talking about the christopher Nolan ones. Apparantly the series will be rebooted to fit in with the Justice League movie that will be coming out in 2013.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/W...s/?a=43293

Tom Hardy as Bane pics. As said, unsure if its 'final costume'. Looks pretty cool still.
This is why I don't like these films. That's a ridiculous costume, but in the movie it'll be played 100% straight and serious with McGruff The Crime Dog fighting him.
That is ridiculous!

How in heavens do you give one of the biggest villains in Batman a suit such as that?
(Jul. 31, 2011  8:13 PM)To Wrote: This is why I don't like these films. That's a ridiculous costume, but in the movie it'll be played 100% straight and serious with McGruff The Crime Dog fighting him.

It's better than trying to explain the matrix like metal plugs all over his body. [Image: Bane.jpg]

Honestly we don't know how far into the film he will use his venom so this could be temporary clothing until he gains his muscles.
I don't get it, this version of Bane (not the pic above) is much better than the comic version, which looks cliche by today's standards. The complaints just feel like a "THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS" moment....
But we must not forget that this is a comic book based movie. It's not always the case, but people are supposed to go in to see a faithful representation of the comic book. Change is good, but if they change it too much, it becomes unrecognizable and the fans get pissed, a little how I was unhappy at Doctor Zola's character in the Captain America movie.

It's just a weird design. Maybe his character personnality will make up for it and maybe that's just his "normal" body. Who knows, really.
(Aug. 01, 2011  6:44 PM)Dude Wrote: But we must not forget that this is a comic book based movie. It's not always the case, but people are supposed to go in to see a faithful representation of the comic book. Change is good, but if they change it too much, it becomes unrecognizable and the fans get pissed, a little how I was unhappy at Doctor Zola's character in the Captain America movie.

It's just a weird design. Maybe his character personnality will make up for it and maybe that's just his "normal" body. Who knows, really.

A comic book which has been made into many amazing movies and games. I think it will be great to see Bane on the big screen. He is a good villian and the "dark night" should have trouble beating him.
Wonder if it will turn out like the comics where Bane breaks his back? Obviously they won't have azrael though if they go that way.
This might be the first bat man movie to star Bane Grin I can't wait for it!