The Classics Thread - When Saturday mornings had meaning

I know we have some older members here in the WBO. Such as members who remember who Tyson and the Blade Breakers were, members who enjoyed the Batman series when Kevin Conroy voiced Bruce Wayne/Batman, and members who grew up with the original battles of Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Be you from the 90s, 80s, or what not, let's embrace our age-old nerdism and talk about the shows and movies we loved when we were younger.

I'll start.

--

When I was a kid, the first show I'd ever been into was the old Mega Man series. I thought that Mega Man cartoon, the one when Roll was a ponytail and her right arm was a vacuum, and when Protoman was Mega Man's biggest enemy, was the coolest thing, and it still lives with me to this day. If not for that show, I wouldn't be the Mega Man fan I am now, having experienced the NES games in the form of the Gamecube game Mega Man Anniversary Collection.

Another set of shows that I liked when I was younger were the Superman and Batman (the darker one when red wasn't used as much in the show) Animated series. While I'm not a huge DC fan, those two shows helped bring up one of my favorite 2000s shows, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, as well as Batman Beyond. When I get to watch those shows again on channels like Boomerang and The Hub, I get super nostalgic; it's one of the only good things left on TV for kids and nostalgic adults.

--

So, what shows can you dig up from your past?
Digimon Adventure, I'm currently watching it for nostalgia from when I was little, Weregarurumon is EPIC!
I'm here.

I remember the day when I first started watching the new Mega-Man series in the beginning of the last decade..

KidsWB it was called, it some great channel. Not even Dish, or cable, etc.
I grew up watching the afforementioned terrible Mega Man cartoon, and SatAM - the Sonic cartoon from the early 90's.

If not for either of those two series, I would not have spend literal hundreds - possibly THOUSANDS of dollars on their games, over the last two decades of my life.

Legitimately unsure how I feel about it.
(Nov. 08, 2011  10:50 PM)Hazel Wrote: I grew up watching the afforementioned terrible Mega Man cartoon, and SatAM - the Sonic cartoon from the early 90's.

If not for either of those two series, I would not have spend literal hundreds - possibly THOUSANDS of dollars on their games, over the last two decades of my life.

Legitimately unsure how I feel about it.

I hear ya. Now, I can't even stand to watch the Mega Man cartoon now that I've had a taste of what it was supposed to be, but it's impacted me as a nerd and made me the Mega Man fan I am today.

Anyone here remembered the 90s Spider-Man cartoon? When the Hobgoblin was voiced my Mark Hamill (aka Luke Skywalker) and there was the Spider Slayer that was three Spider bots that formed into one walking tank?
I watched every Spider-man series and Batman series that aired in the 90's, actually.

The entire Mary Jane arc of the cartoon was pig disgusting stupid then, and remains so today.
Classic Digimon seasons one and two GOD that was awesome
Pokemon If you hate this (earlier seasons kanto and johto) you have no childhood
and i got nothing....curse my memory
You mean you don't wake up on every Saturday morning to watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, and Tai Chi Chasers?
My childhood was mostly in the late 90s and early 2000, but I used to love Dragon Tales. That show was my favorite, and when they give it I watch it for that feeling of nostalgia *_* And CyberChase, god that show's amazing. Digimon was also cool (although I've only fully seen Season 4 and 5). And of course, Spongebob. I liked it before, and I still love it now. It's just too bad the same can't be said about the Fairly Odd Parents or Jimmy Neutron.
Hmm, I was young, but Power Rangers was on at like, 6:00 in the morning, right? I watched that. I still watch that. Haha

All I can remember is power rangers, Digimon, and something Sonic (Whether it was re-runs of the show Hazel mentioned or a different one, I have no clue). Dragon Ball Z was on Fridays, right?

It was mostly my older brother who liked Saturday morning Cartoons. He just dragged me into the digital world and gave me a morpher.

Edit: oh yeah, thanks NoodooSoup! Dragon Tales! Oh my goodness now the song is flying around through my head. Jimmy neutron is sick, I watched it so much, even up to 2 or 3 years ago, haha. That Christmas Episode; insane. Only Jimmy Neutron could make it Christmas everyday without fairy god parents. Timmy Turner wished it, but the nog dog makes up for it completely
(Nov. 09, 2011  2:57 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: My childhood was mostly in the late 90s and early 2000, but I used to love Dragon Tales. That show was my favorite, and when they give it I watch it for that feeling of nostalgia *_* And CyberChase, god that show's amazing. Digimon was also cool (although I've only fully seen Season 4 and 5). And of course, Spongebob. I liked it before, and I still love it now. It's just too bad the same can't be said about the Fairly Odd Parents or Jimmy Neutron.

I liked Jimmy Neutron right up to the end.

Then they brought about this Sheen nonsense...
(Nov. 08, 2011  10:40 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I'm here.

I remember the day when I first started watching the new Mega-Man series in the beginning of the last decade..

KidsWB it was called, it some great channel. Not even Dish, or cable, etc.

Aha I remember that... Battle Network... Truly one of the greatest parts of my childhood. :3 I loved Megaman with a passion then, and I still do. KidsWB - OH GOD, I MISS THAT SOOO MUCH. T^T WHY WERE YOU DESTINED TO DIE?!
(Nov. 09, 2011  2:52 AM)To Wrote: You mean you don't wake up on every Saturday morning to watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, and Tai Chi Chasers?

I don't wake up Saturday MORNINGS, period. hah

(Nov. 09, 2011  2:57 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: My childhood was mostly in the late 90s and early 2000, but I used to love Dragon Tales. That show was my favorite, and when they give it I watch it for that feeling of nostalgia *_* And CyberChase, god that show's amazing. Digimon was also cool (although I've only fully seen Season 4 and 5). And of course, Spongebob. I liked it before, and I still love it now. It's just too bad the same can't be said about the Fairly Odd Parents or Jimmy Neutron.

Wooh, Spongebob. I caught CyberChase now and then, but I was never really into it. But...Dragon Tales?...Is that the one with the big yellow dragon and the siamese twin dragon?

Also, made me remember ARTHUR!!
(Nov. 09, 2011  3:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: I liked Jimmy Neutron right up to the end.

Then they brought about this Sheen nonsense...

I know >.> These damn stupid green alien things.

(Nov. 09, 2011  3:44 AM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: Wooh, Spongebob. I caught CyberChase now and then, but I was never really into it. But...Dragon Tales?...Is that the one with the big yellow dragon and the siamese twin dragon?

Also, made me remember ARTHUR!!

Yes, it is, and it is amazing. Oh yeah, Arthur! I didn't watch it on a day-to-day basis, but I still liked it. I never knew what animal he was Uncertain
Power Rangers, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Transfomers Robots In Disugise (series name by the way), Ren and Stempy (watching it was like being on a literal suger high XD), All That, Kenen and Kel, Ronin Warriors, I did watch a little of Sailor Moon as a kid but don't bother watching it now (God Serena was annoying), the older Pokemon, the older Digimon, Yugioh, Beyblade, Fairly Odd Parents, Jimmy Neutron, Spongebob Squarepants, Drake and Josh, the Amanda Show, Battle B-Daman (didn't hear about B-Daman until it finally aired in the states in 2005), and of course Doug and the rest of the old Nickelodian shows. Those were the things I watched along with stuff like Theodore Tugboat (man I miss that show), Thomas and Friends (now ruined by Hit Unentertainment), and other PBS Kids programs.
(Nov. 09, 2011  3:50 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Yes, it is, and it is amazing. Oh yeah, Arthur! I didn't watch it on a day-to-day basis, but I still liked it. I never knew what animal he was Uncertain

Aardvark. Arthur was an aardvark. It's okay, aardvarks aren't very popular.
(Nov. 09, 2011  2:05 AM)Clonetos Wrote: Classic Digimon seasons one and two GOD that was awesome
Pokemon If you hate this (earlier seasons kanto and johto) you have no childhood
and i got nothing....curse my memory
OMG! Just watched Spell of the Unkown last week, also I compared Cyberchase to Digimon for some reason.
LOL I still watch arthur sometimes, that show has been around for ages, saw it yesterday.
i barely remember what i watched on Saturdays specifically, but here is what i do remember watching growing up

magic school bus: this show was the best to me back then. i learned so much from that show, it was awesome.

B daman: i liked it until they only started playing it in the early morning, before i waked up

(argh, come on brain, remember)

i always liked watching fairly odd parents for sure. i also remember jimmy neutron, but i do not think i liked it as much.

i did like sponge bob then, but now the episodes are lame

oh, Robotech!!! though it was no longer played IIRC, i remember renting it all the time. it was my favorite show, nothing else could beat it for me (magic school bus came close). i still watch it now, and i am thinking of buying a VF-1 Valkyrie model, or if i have enough money, a alpha fighter model

i also rented that megaman cartoon mentioned in the OP, it was sweet.

When i was young...knee high to a grasshopper...a fine strapping young chap, i kept saturday morning cartoons close to my heart. It was a sacred time to me. I grew up watching many shows, but the ones i watched the most were: Digimon, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dexters Lab, Pokemon, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Jimmy Nuetron, Ahh Real Monsters, Invader Zim and, Cow and Chicken. I also was a fan of Drake and Josh, The Amanda show and that 70's show.

I miss those days...

I want to be young again.

Anyone have a time traveling machine?

I'm going to avoid using anime, since I've been watching some of those subbed now. But another show I used to like that I can think of was on the WB. Remember the show "Cubix"? It was about a robot made of cube pieces that can detach and reattach to make different shapes and stuff. I don't know if that's considered an anime, though.

Another one that I'm watching again called MiB has been airing on The Hub, and damn does it take me back. It also reminds me of the time I used to watch the new Ghostbusters cartoon when one of the original hires four new Ghostbusters to clean up the apparitions haunting the place. My favorite episode was the two parter when the guy rounded up his old friends to help the new Ghostbusters.
I said this copious amounts of times, but seriously Hey Arnold. What the hell why, why was your fate so impossible to justify?
Hmm.. Digimon, Dragon Ball Z (I played the games for a while but the first time I actually watched the anime was the episode when Gohan Killed Cell... EPIC!) Yu-Gi-Oh!, Beyblade(of course), Pokemon, Hey Arnold, Metabots (one moment was when the main guy (metebede or something like that, I think he lost and at the end it said to be continued... me being young and stupid I thought he died and I went outside and cried... yes, I cried) but that is all I can remember now lol!
I forgot about DBZ thank God it's airing again Grin.
I remember watching Megaman Net Warriors. I remembered it one day and watched it on youtube again. It was really cool up until the WBKids stoped airing the afternoon Cartoons. GAWD I MISS IT! Megabuster! PEWPEWPEW!
Aren't those, like, after 2000's, though? I admit, I like those too, but I was thinking of shows a bit earlier than 2000.