The Chicago Area Thread

Our sons have fallen hard for beyblades and are looking for folks to play with in the downtown chicago area. Our sons are 6 and 8 and are  very enthusiastic about both metal and burst blades.  The collection they have is pretty big and consists mostly of lots purchased used off of EBAY and new burst blades from target and walgreens.  Please contact us!

Raveen and Rithik
Hey, I live in the suburbs of Chicago. Maybe we can get somthing going during the summer. But I'll have to ask my parents.
(Mar. 30, 2019  11:19 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: Hey, I live in the suburbs of Chicago. Maybe we can get somthing going during the summer. But I'll have to ask my parents.

my son is 7yrs old, loves beyblade.  we are in Western burbs of chicago.  would love to get together...let me know, can exchange emails.
Okay, so right now I'm just looking at places to host it at. Any suggestions?
(Apr. 12, 2019  10:45 PM)mateoboex Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2019  11:19 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: Hey, I live in the suburbs of Chicago. Maybe we can get somthing going during the summer. But I'll have to ask my parents.

my son is 7yrs old, loves beyblade.  we are in Western burbs of chicago.  would love to get together...let me know, can exchange emails.

sure

(Mar. 27, 2019  12:15 AM)Raveenthegreat Wrote: Our sons have fallen hard for beyblades and are looking for folks to play with in the downtown chicago area. Our sons are 6 and 8 and are  very enthusiastic about both metal and burst blades.  The collection they have is pretty big and consists mostly of lots purchased used off of EBAY and new burst blades from target and walgreens.  Please contact us!

Raveen and Rithik

hello
(Mar. 27, 2019  12:15 AM)Raveenthegreat Wrote: Our sons have fallen hard for beyblades and are looking for folks to play with in the downtown chicago area. Our sons are 6 and 8 and are  very enthusiastic about both metal and burst blades.  The collection they have is pretty big and consists mostly of lots purchased used off of EBAY and new burst blades from target and walgreens.  Please contact us!

Raveen and Rithik

please tell me where you got the lot of beyblades.
Hi, I'm 9 and in the Beverly area of Chicago. I'd like to have a tournament.
(May. 26, 2019  10:14 PM)Requiem2010 Wrote: Hi, I'm 9 and in the Beverly area of Chicago. I'd like to have a tournament.

Hi, im hosting a tourney soon. Contact me if you're in
I ask my parents and they said yes

Is it only Hasbro beys??
(Jun. 21, 2019  2:16 AM)Lionpo Wrote: I ask my parents and they said yes

Is it only Hasbro beys??

It is Hasbro and takara tomy.
I know there are a decent number of us and that we did have one tournament over the summer, although I was unfortunately out of the country and probably wouldn't have competed that early after getting back to Beyblade in general. We also don't really have a discussion going as all the other Illinois or Chicago threads have been dead for a while, even though this one will probably die out as well. 

I would like to know how many would be interested in trying to put together some sort of event before the end of the year. I personally think late November through the end of December would be our best bet as schools will be on break and there's a 98% chance I can get a standard type stadium by then. People from Northern Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin, and anyone else who thinks they might make it are all welcome. However, I personally can't host as I'm not qualified to. If absolutely nobody can host, then I could try to get qualified. (Please don't make me do it, I have no clue how to do this stuff although I'd be willing to help if someone else hosts) I know BoogieTheBlader hosted the tournament back in July or August, so maybe they can help host. It would be very much appreciated

If anyone has a good location, definitely write it down as I don't think we want to be out in a public park during a Chicago winter. If you can provide a stadium, can volunteer/judge, or even host (again, I've had an account for under a week and am not qualified) then put that down as well.

Well, that sums up anything I have to say. If I forgot anything please mention it. Hopefully we can get something going before the end of the year, as I think a good lot of us would enjoy having an Illinois tournament scene.
I'm one of the people from the tournament that Boogie hosted. I got 2nd place at that tournament. The person who got 1st place and I can both bring a stadium (if we come, which we probably would unless the date is terrible).

I'm just completely unsure about who would be hosting and all that jazz.
I'd be very willing to help out with organizing/planning, maybe we can set up a small discord or something. Finding an inside location is also a very high priority because of the cold, wind and maybe snow. I honestly don't know what kind of places are good for this though
Would be better to discuss on discord but yeah I placed 8th pretty good for my first I can help organize things kinda not really but I can bring stadiums for free play anyway idk a good place for it unless it was outside which would be Barnard park I have a video of the location make a discord though so it's easier to discuss
(Oct. 24, 2019  5:59 AM)OriginalDankstr Wrote: I know there are a decent number of us and that we did have one tournament over the summer, although I was unfortunately out of the country and probably wouldn't have competed that early after getting back to Beyblade in general. We also don't really have a discussion going as all the other Illinois or Chicago threads have been dead for a while, even though this one will probably die out as well. 

I would like to know how many would be interested in trying to put together some sort of event before the end of the year. I personally think late November through the end of December would be our best bet as schools will be on break and there's a 98% chance I can get a standard type stadium by then. People from Northern Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin, and anyone else who thinks they might make it are all welcome. However, I personally can't host as I'm not qualified to. If absolutely nobody can host, then I could try to get qualified. (Please don't make me do it, I have no clue how to do this stuff although I'd be willing to help if someone else hosts) I know BoogieTheBlader hosted the tournament back in July or August, so maybe they can help host. It would be very much appreciated

If anyone has a good location, definitely write it down as I don't think we want to be out in a public park during a Chicago winter. If you can provide a stadium, can volunteer/judge, or even host (again, I've had an account for under a week and am not qualified) then put that down as well.

Well, that sums up anything I have to say. If I forgot anything please mention it. Hopefully we can get something going before the end of the year, as I think a good lot of us would enjoy having an Illinois tournament scene.

Hello! I'm the organizer that hosted the previous event! We were talking about a tournament in November but my parents haven't agreed to it yet. If we do have a tournament, I will most likely hold it at Oak Lawn Public Library. We really need more standard stadiums so if you have any please let me know.
(Oct. 24, 2019  4:11 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2019  5:59 AM)OriginalDankstr Wrote: I know there are a decent number of us and that we did have one tournament over the summer, although I was unfortunately out of the country and probably wouldn't have competed that early after getting back to Beyblade in general. We also don't really have a discussion going as all the other Illinois or Chicago threads have been dead for a while, even though this one will probably die out as well. 

Hello! I'm the organizer that hosted the previous event! We were talking about a tournament in November but my parents haven't agreed to it yet. If we do have a tournament, I will most likely hold it at Oak Lawn Public Library. We really need more standard stadiums so if you have any please let me know.
I’m planning on ordering a standard type this weekend along with a bunch of other stuff. I don’t know when it will get here though as the estimated shipping time ranges from two weeks to six weeks.
(Oct. 24, 2019  5:59 AM)OriginalDankstr Wrote: Me too I can't host a tournament but if you know anything let me know.

Chicago
(May. 26, 2019  10:46 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(May. 26, 2019  10:14 PM)Requiem2010 Wrote: Hi, I'm 9 and in the Beverly area of Chicago. I'd like to have a tournament.

Hi, im hosting a tourney soon. Contact me if you're in

i am in

(Oct. 27, 2019  12:40 AM)FH7Pro Wrote:
(May. 26, 2019  10:46 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: Hi, im hosting a tourney soon. Contact me if you're in

i am in

i am intrested
I want to join but I am in wisconsin
hey what's up chicago bladers how is everyone
My son is interested in participating in beyblade tournaments. Please let me know if someone is hosting one soon! Thanks
Hi everyone I’m new and was wondering if anyone in the Chicago/Woodbridge area wants to have a battle
Challen Hi! Welcome to WBO! You should probably post this in an existing Chicago thread. Don't worry, I will move your post there for you!
(Dec. 06, 2019  4:22 AM)Challen Wrote: Hi everyone I’m new and was wondering if anyone in the Chicago/Woodbridge area wants to have a battle

Thank you, DeceasedCrab. And hello Challen! I am the main (and I guess only) organizer for tournaments in the Chicago area. Last summer we held the "Showdown in Chi-Town" and we will be hosting another one this upcoming summer! But keep your eye peeled for a possible event this upcoming spring. Also please let me know if you have any Standard stadiums.

(Nov. 24, 2019  4:01 PM)TheGreatPhoenix Wrote: My son is interested in participating in beyblade tournaments. Please let me know if someone is hosting one soon! Thanks

Hello! We will definitely be holding a tournament this upcoming summer. But keep your eyes peeled for a tournament this spring!