The Beginners Guide to the WBO.

It seems in the last few weeks that several of the newer members have had some trouble with the rules and where to post etc. So I made a guide a for the WBO forum itself. Just take a look at it. I think its something that needed to be made. If you see something that can be improved just let me know and ill add it.

Beywiki Project

Beyblade Anime and Manga

Beyblade General Forum

WBO General

Official Events

Event Proposals

International Forum

Advanced Forum

General Off Topic Forum

Media

Video Games

Your Creations

Adding text effects/coding
Check out Insomniac's guide for a more indepth guide

I swear there is guide just like this somewhere. Also this is the Beyblade General forum, for the hobby only. So if there isn't a guide for it already, it belongs in the Questions and Comments forum.

Forgive me if i'm wrong though.

EDIT: Found the thread that is like this; 'How To Make Good Posts and Not Get Warned: A Guide to the WBO!'.
(Jun. 12, 2012  10:29 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: I swear there is guide just like this somewhere. Also this is the Beyblade General forum, for the hobby only.

Forgive me if i'm wrong though.

You might be mixing this up with th!nk's guide. And yes, this should be moved to the "Questions and Comments" forum.
Ironic that he put it in the wrong, forum, even though it is a guide not to do that and other things. Wink

Anyway, nice guide Dark_Mousy! It is like th!nk's guide, but in this, it focuses on where to post and what not to post.
This Guide is designed to show where to post and where everything belongs. I wasn't sure where to post this. Mods/Kai V would you be kind enough to move this to the appropriate forum. Smile
Ah...I noticed it got moved.

Anyway, great guide Dark. I think it is similar to th!ink's guide, as everyone else suggested. But there are differences.

Also, in that little part about the search function, I think you should add something similar to this: "Use the search functions to make sure there isnt a topic like the one you are making. Avoiding this problem will avoid possible negative feelings towards you/your username."

Eh...I'm not to good at this writing business. I hope you got my point.
Hope it helps.

Also, going through it a second time i noticed a small, not too much of a deal, "mistake."
Thanks to my internet OCD, I noticed the link for the Italian Forum. Not sure how to word it but here.
(Jun. 12, 2012  9:01 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Italian
I hope I am being any help at all.
(Jun. 13, 2012  8:57 PM)Milkâ„¢ Wrote: Ah...I noticed it got moved.

Anyway, great guide Dark. I think it is similar to th!ink's guide, as everyone else suggested. But there are differences.

Also, in that little part about the search function, I think you should add something similar to this: "Use the search functions to make sure there isnt a topic like the one you are making. Avoiding this problem will avoid possible negative feelings towards you/your username."

Eh...I'm not to good at this writing business. I hope you got my point.
Hope it helps.

Ill try and add something similar to that to the Guide. Thank you for your input.
hey dude how do youu battle?Speechless
(Jun. 14, 2012  2:20 AM)leonardo321953 Wrote: hey dude how do you
battle?Speechless

(Jun. 14, 2012  2:20 AM)leonardo321953 Wrote: hey dude how do youu battle?Speechless
(Jun. 14, 2012  2:20 AM)leonardo321953 Wrote: hey dude how do you
battle?Speechless

In tournaments. Its covered in this guide.
And in the introducty private message everybody gets ...
Hm, this thread could be useful, but is it really necessary the way it is now?
You essentially just copy + Pasted every description for the different topics of the WBO.

The list of useful threads and the basic points are fine, but I would suggest adding some more content for the other topics (like, possibly some things that may be interesting for them, or popular threads in the topics.)

I think putting in other types of formatting would also be useful.
Code:
E.G: [.spoiler = Blah] [/spoiler]
The above is how you edit the "spoiler" text when using spoilers.

Code:
[b ] [/b] is to bold a certain text, place the [b ] in front of where you want to bold, and [/b] to the end of what you want to bold.
Decent guide otherwise.

(Jun. 14, 2012  3:14 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Hm, this thread could be useful, but is it really necessary the way it is now?
You essentially just copy + Pasted every description for the different topics of the WBO.

The list of useful threads and the basic points are fine, but I would suggest adding some more content for the other topics (like, possibly some things that may be interesting for them, or popular threads in the topics.)

I think putting in other types of formatting would also be useful.
Code:
E.G: [.spoiler = Blah] [/spoiler]
The above is how you edit the "spoiler" text when using spoilers.

Code:
[b ] [/b] is to bold a certain text, place the [b ] in front of where you want to bold, and [/b] to the end of what you want to bold.
Decent guide otherwise.

I will add more later. I just wanted to get everyones input. Considering the last few weeks several new members havent been reading the rules. I thought this was necessary.
(Jun. 14, 2012  3:14 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Hm, this thread could be useful, but is it really necessary the way it is now?

Well, it has not been closed yet, and Kai-V has posted here, so I think she approves. Smile
(Jun. 14, 2012  3:28 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote:

Well, it has not been closed yet, and Kai-V has posted here, so I think she approves. Smile

Like i said earlier its necessary. And personally i was worried about itbeing closed. But it proved me wrong thus far
Great job Dark_Mousy on creating this thread for beginners
You ask a sig maker to make one for you in the "Your Creations" forum. This is not the right place to ask that question.
Nice discussion here but I still have to go with the guide to learn how to play this well.
(Jun. 20, 2012  1:47 PM)dnewhulk Wrote: Nice discussion here but I still have to go with the guide to learn how to play this well.

That's another guide I'm working on
Wow this is awsome! I really love this guide. I think I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate all your hard word.
How do we earn face bolts, battle, and earn Bey points???
(Jul. 20, 2012  5:40 PM)xXJCherzXx Wrote: How do we earn face bolts, battle, and earn Bey points???
Ask in questions about the wbo please

Some of the codes are broken in there ...

:\
(Jul. 22, 2012  11:53 PM)Insomniac Wrote: Some of the codes are broken in there ...

I fixed them i think. And i added your code guide and UserOP guide

(Jul. 23, 2012  12:48 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2012  11:53 PM)Insomniac Wrote: Some of the codes are broken in there ...

These are the broken codes : (Click to View)
They're empty spoilers. And thank you for adding the guides Smile
(Jul. 23, 2012  1:04 AM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2012  12:48 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

These are the broken codes : (Click to View)
They're empty spoilers. And thank you for adding the guides Smile

Those spoilers are supposed to be like that. But i edited everything else. Its supposed to show how to edit inside of them. They are in quote after all If I took the spaces out it would be different.